PDA

View Full Version : My brother made the news!!!

oldsoldier
11-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Ok, I am kinda excited about this. My brother is currently in Iraq. My mom called me crying, about my brother (she left a message on my voicemail). I thought, "uh oh..." she said he was on NECN. So, I checked out the site, and, lo and behold, there he is!!!

In case anyone wants to see it, go to www.necn.com Click on the training video on the right (second one down). My brother is the soldier interviewed...Sgt Bryan Reed. They got his rank, and job wrong...but oh well.
Its good to see him...its acreleief to know he is alive and well.

wad04
11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
i'm glad to hear that your brother is safe. god bless

BobTheCow
11-05-2004, 06:07 PM
They got his rank, and job wrong...But other than that, everything was perfectly correct!! "Cleaning their guns..." tehehe :p

Glad to hear your brother's still doing well, of course. Let him know everybody appreciates what he's doing for us. :)

B.A.M.
11-05-2004, 07:38 PM
did you ever notice that the guys in the military are actualy encouraged to kill unlike law enforcement :D and hope your brother will be safe. Also i no of a way to end the war really quick but i think id get in troble if i said it :( :(

TDonovan
11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
did you ever notice that the guys in the military are actualy encouraged to kill unlike law enforcement

How could you not. That's their job...

----

Tell your brother thanks and keep up the good work. I love the military, can't wait to join.

oldsoldier
11-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Well, first off, yeah, our army doesnt advise our OWN military...but, hey, its the the news...I dont expect damn near anytihng they same to be correct.
And, yeah, the military's job is to kill, hurt, maim, and de-motivate the enemy. Anyone tells you otherwise, they're lying. Besides, he is in the combat arms (as was I), and that is their ONLY job. Well, that and to stay alive to do it again...

?edit: Just watched the new one...they got it all right this time. Doesnt look like he'll be fighting though. No armor, advisor clothing. Of course, all that can change in a moment. But, its good to see him again.

1stdeadeye
11-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Congrats!!!

That is very cool! I wish your brother a safe and speedy return!!! :hail:

B.A.M.
11-06-2004, 07:49 AM
as once said in a movie. A bad marine is a dead one so tell you brother not to be bad. :rofl:

Trina
11-06-2004, 10:02 AM
That is awesome Bill! Good to hear your bro is safe and lookin' good! ;)

What a great news clip! :clap:

It's amazing to see how well our military has trained the Iraqi troops! They seem to be moving so much better...not so cluless like before.:tard: It's always cool to see some of the great things our military is doing over there!

Go guys!! :hail: