PDA

View Full Version : for the vet...

danoxide
11-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Alittle fast background for everyone here before i tell my whole story:

My father is the person that got me into paintball and also into automags. After playing a few months with him he gave me his mini-mag for me to play with a better marker and most of all to keep me playing. For a couple random paintball days after he gave me his mini he used my spyder to come and play with me. After that he no longer could find time to play with 9/11 and all the "new" training he had to go threw.

Dec. 23, 2002-My father gets deploid to Afganistan for the war on terror

Yes two days before christmas he got sent away. And yes, that really sucked. I've talked to him almost atleast twice a month for the whole time he has been deploild. Probly about 10-15 times we have talked about paintball, with him just wondering how much fun im having and how much i think im getting better. Nothing big. But i can hear it in his voice he wants back into the sport.

Dec. 15, 2004-My father is supposed to come back from war.

After seeing what magmanl337 has done for his father getting him a Viking, gave me the idea to get him a new marker! What i had in mind was to keep it in the family and get him an E-mag, and if i could possibly find one cheap enough an X-mag. This would be both a returning from war and a christmas present.

What i ask of you guys, is not donations(i have never taken money from anyone outside of my family and i don't think i need to start) but some ideas. I want him to have a nice ULE E-mag with some sort of anno that no one else has. On the same hand i CAN'T spend too much on anno. I mean nothing more then $150 on the anno.

So anyone got some ideas for me?

teufelhunden
11-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Generally, I think people will tell you not to anno a ULE body. However, if you get in touch with Tuna I believe he will do it for you-- if not, then someone will, just make sure they have 'Mag experience.

Color scheme wise, you could go with red/white/blue, but unfortunately that seems to be a bit clichéd.. perhaps a nice olive drab or a BDU pattern?

Or, as an alternative, how about laser engraving? You could get one of Rogue's new rails and he will laser engrave it for you-- maybe his rank/name on one side and his brigade on the other?

Just a thought.

Nice gesture, btw. :)

LittlePaintballBoy
11-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I liek teuf's ideas.

68magOwner
11-05-2004, 07:38 PM
$150 isnt gonna do alot for ano, MABEY a 2 color fade, which, i would sugggest cobalt to ligth blue polished, looks real nice (see below)

danoxide
11-05-2004, 07:40 PM
$150 isnt gonna do alot for ano, MABEY a 2 color fade, which, i would sugggest cobalt to ligth blue polished, looks real nice (see below)

i never said i needed alot i just said that i want it to be uniqe :D

t33kyboy
11-05-2004, 07:56 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157012

Ill even chip in a little to help you out if you decide to get a ano with me. Ill donate even if you devide not to. :headbang:

danoxide
11-05-2004, 08:01 PM
t33ky- does that have to be a solid color or could we do somthing alittle more involved?

t33kyboy
11-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Any color/style you want.

danoxide
11-05-2004, 08:04 PM
nice! :clap: now all i need is to get the gun. haha

:cheers:

danoxide
11-06-2004, 08:11 PM
up

Head knight of Ni
11-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Does he have a passion/hobby.

AcemanPB
11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
If you want the camo/military look go with a Tac-one E-mag.

RenagadeOfFunk
11-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Does he have a passion/hobby.

.,..i am guessing PAINTBALL!!!!!!...

judster
11-07-2004, 10:20 AM
i would suggest go with a tac-one body, if he has any toys left over from his tour he can attach them to the body. i would also suggest getting some custom grips from heather that would represent his duty for his country. thats what i think would be cool......btw tell him THANKS!!!

danoxide
11-07-2004, 10:24 AM
i would suggest go with a tac-one body, if he has any toys left over from his tour he can attach them to the body. i would also suggest getting some custom grips from heather that would represent his duty for his country. thats what i think would be cool......btw tell him THANKS!!!

i thought about this alot but he really only played speedball before...don't think the tac one would fit into a speedball game as much as a ULE...

thanks for the idea tho...

Head knight of Ni
11-07-2004, 12:48 PM
.,..i am guessing PAINTBALL!!!!!!...

I meant other than paintball. Something like the Bronco Vik. but with his fav. sports team,etc.

WenULiVeUdiE
11-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Why not a ULE anoed like a Tac-one? Like black, brown, or a camo pattern. I think some kind of laser engraving will definately be needed. Maybe incorperate his rank or his division in it. Tell him we all said thanks.

Glickman
11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
laser engraving is pretty cheap, and makes a marker very personal. so for the extra $10-$50 i would have it engraved

danoxide
11-07-2004, 07:01 PM
thanks guys for all the input and i finally got a gun for him! I got him a ULE hypermag wiht classic valve and LX, also came with a empire barrel kit all for just $300 :cheers: