PDA

View Full Version : leaky power tube, pump

silent running
11-05-2004, 10:55 PM
converted a clasic to pump, ( this problem has nothing to with it being a pump or not )when the bolt goes back it shoots a small burst of air out ( enough to push a ball past the detent spring )and ends up making the gun shoot two balls. The problem went away by putting two o rings in the power tube. any suggestions on how to make it right ( it has the intelli frame that should not matter ). Also, a freind of mine's power tube unscrewed from the main body, were do you get the o ring and I guess you loctite it when you put it together. This is the same as the other post were the power tube unscrewed from the valve body/ air chamber. His gun is a new gun.

Evil1
11-08-2004, 02:38 AM
I don't think it is possible for the power tube to unscrew from a new mag. Do you mean the power tube tip? The only mags that the power tubes are removable on are quite old and pretty rare to see around these days. I pretty sure that your problem can be fixed with a different sized spacer in your power tube. I think that a spacer kit can be purchased at the airgun online store.

Gazoo
11-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Yep, they are around 12 dolars for a comlete set.

Happy to see another pump mag out there!

silent running
11-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Hard to beleive, but it is on a new, about 6 month old classic where the whole power tube assembly unscrewed from the valve body. It has a real thin o ring that we can not find anywhere, (no one carries it and it is not in the kit). As we play every weekend, it is becoming a crisis because my freind has to use his other guns, not a happy camper. On my gun, I have not tired a different bumper/spacer ( for the small burst of air down the power tube), but will try. This is my back up pump as I already have a main pump, which is also a conversion. I love it and my other two budies have automag conversions, sweet. We are in the chicago land area and would not mind hooking up with other pump players.

silent running
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
I bought this mag to convert as spare pump. Last weekend I had trouble with bad paint, so to kill two stones with one bird, I put a lvl10 on it and also solved the leaking problem. It is getting cold outside you know what a mag can do to crumby paint when it is cold, even if it is a pump mag.

Dayspring
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
If your entire power tube unscrewed from the valve body, return it to AGD IMMEDIATELY!