PDA

View Full Version : Carbon in searc of an new adjustable

Carbon
11-06-2004, 03:59 AM
I was thinking of getting a Maxflow. Older style, with the offset regs. Can you please give me the particulars of how your maxflow has treated you?

If not a Maxflow, what other brand do you suggest?

yes ive done a search, now convince me please...

Steelrat
11-06-2004, 04:19 AM
Dynaflow. The Z-man and steelrat viking videos speak for themselves ;)

Carbon
11-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Steelrat know of any good places to get a Dynaflow. I know your a big fan of em. im just not sure where to start. the have the reag for sale at pbgear.com but, i dont want to hassle with installing a tank. also, what mount do you use on with your Dynaflo?

meshaq
11-06-2004, 08:12 AM
to mount dynaflows, you need a rail. also check the dealers forum, madmolly is or atleast was still selling some

slade
11-06-2004, 08:38 AM
to mount dynaflows, you need a rail. also check the dealers forum, madmolly is or atleast was still selling some
shes not anymore, i sort of wish i hadnt missed that deal, thats the best deal we'll ever see on a new dynaflow. as for the maxflow, i wouldnt recomend it. first of all morally, since sp is evil, but also, my robotics team used a maxflow tank in a bot last year, and it failed miserably. i wasnt on the team then, but from what i heard the problem was with the regulator messing up.

player4
11-06-2004, 09:15 AM
How good are the Nitro Duck adjustables performance wise? They only cost 233.......

ilikePB
11-06-2004, 12:39 PM
I've had 2 68/45 Max Flows and never had a problem with either. I have one right now. I prefer using a Crossfire screw in for ease of use. However, if you really want an adjustable then I say an older style manifold Max Flow is a good choice because you can get them for a pretty good price used and they perform great in my experience..

hardr0ck68
11-06-2004, 02:06 PM
maxflows are soooo much maintaince, and they love to develop randon leaks you never thought possiable. I use raptors, because they are UBER-cheap, lifetime no questions asked style warrentee, a great company standing behind them and they are as reliable as a standard mag valve (because they ARE a standard mag valve).

they are not "known" as a LP tank, but will handle lp just fine....and high pressure they are beasts at, i have run mine up around 1200 with no issue....very virsitile, underrated, reliable tank...

RenagadeOfFunk
11-06-2004, 02:18 PM
maxflows are soooo much maintaince, and they love to develop randon leaks you never thought possiable.

...REALLY!!!...

well after 6 months of intense play mine is fine...maybe you shouldn't throw your tank...

ilikePB
11-06-2004, 02:25 PM
...REALLY!!!...

well after 6 months of intense play mine is fine...maybe you shouldn't throw your tank...
Agreed. I had my old Max Flow for like a year with 0 problems. The one I have now I've only had for a couple weeks, but it's performed great the couple times I've used it and I trust that it will continue to do so like my old one did.

hAppy
11-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I've heard a lot of good stuff about MD Conquest. Might want to look into those Carbon.

Steelrat
11-06-2004, 03:05 PM
I've heard a lot of good stuff about MD Conquest. Might want to look into those Carbon.

Conquests are not designed to handle the output pressure required for mags.

GT
11-06-2004, 06:41 PM
dynaflow>everything else

Skywalker
11-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Dynaflows and old style max-flos are the way to go.

Kevmaster
11-06-2004, 07:29 PM
dynaflow>everything else

Couldn't be more RIGHT!

I love my dynaflow. I wouldn't use anything else

FutureMagOwner
11-06-2004, 07:46 PM
had an old maxflow that i bought new, it had a trouble with creeping that wouldnt go away, along with inconsistant fps problems as a direct result of using it on all of my guns, and plus its large and in my opinion annoying to work on (in regards to accessing things on your gun or disassembly to clean stuff etc, it was an incredible pain to try to take off)

hAppy
11-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Conquests are not designed to handle the output pressure required for mags.
haha I don't know much bout expensive tanks anyways :rofl:

hardr0ck68
11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
i throw alll my gear, often....if it cant handle that then it is not the gear for me.

However my experiment with a maxy did not need any temper flares from me to set it off...it was just a POS from day one. I have owned duck, AA, centerflag, AGD, and SP tanks, AA had the fastest service when i needed it (never needed it with the duck, but it was preset, the flatline was super easy to rebuild but the 4500's are expensive). The maxy ended with me dumping it for $100 less then i had bought it for just to cut my losses. I am speaking from presonal experiance.

adt501
11-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Dynaflow. The Z-man and steelrat viking videos speak for themselves ;)

dosent z man recommend the max flow over the dyna (by a small margin)?

i had the old style manifold maxflow, and it was fantastic. i ran it on all my LP guns, and i never had a problem with it. if i still had it, i would have switched it to high pressure and run it off my mag, but i sold it with my last shocker (it worked much better then the gun :rolleyes: )

i am in the market myself for an adjustable, and i will probably get the dyna, because ive already had the maxy and im a whore :spit_take

slade
11-08-2004, 08:13 PM
yeah dont get a maxflow... im part of a robotics club at my school and an sp tank was used in one of the bots, and it ended up failing miserably. everyone on the team shutters when you mention pneumatics... i took it home today to try to fix it and got it to work somewhat, but it doesnt strike me as a very good design, its certainly not reliable, it is pretty large and it is certainly overpriced for what you get.

frop
11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
so what about hyperflows? good? decent?