PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

LizzaRTgirl14
11-03-2001, 03:57 PM
Okay guys.. I know you can help me out, let me tell you the story.

Last night I was playing with my Mag okay?
Well my first problem was I gased up and got one shot and that's it. And I couldn't tell anything was wrond with just looking at is so I decided to take the valve out and give it a look. Well, I couldn't get the valve out.(Keeping in mind, just so you know it's a ReTro Valve)Thus I had to Take everything else apart, (okay, I'm like sick and tired, and when you're sick and tired and 14, and at home of a Friday night, it's not your favorite thing to take apart your mag becasue it's not working.)finding that the on/off pin in my valve assembly had come out. So I have no idea why it did that, but I put it back in put everything else back together, gassed up again and hear my macroline hissing from the vert adapter. I try to fix that and finally (after like 45 minutes think I've got it. I gas up nad still hear a leak from the same place. I just through to my self "Screw it" so I was unscrewing my tank and *POP* sounded like a gunshot. My macroline just blew out. I was SO mad and just put out so I actually started cryingm thus coughing.(Becasue I'm sick) So I was all like "Okay, after swim practice tomarrow morningI'll take it to VHA"(paintball store) becasue National is closed on the weekends. Went to practice, nearly coughed up a lung. Went to VHA and waited on these people and thier kids to get all thier stuff (the guy bought a Spyder Flash, I nearly vommitted)) and FINALLY got some help. (I love NPS)So they give my a new fitting but no new macro, I was like "Um.. look at my macroline, I think I need a new peice." They told me to hook it up anyway and I did. Hooked everything up. Still leaking, Unscrewing again and *POP* I blew out another macro fitting, only this time the guw was sitting on my leg. And gotta go for now...I'll finnish later

Cha0tic
11-03-2001, 07:11 PM
does the end of the line look damaged? use a knife or razor blade and cut off about 1" of the end of your macroline (where it goes into the fitting). see if thats it.

Drew
11-03-2001, 08:57 PM
have you ever tried steel braided lines?
I know those wont blow out, not at the pressures we use

LizzaRTgirl14
11-03-2001, 10:43 PM
WEll, the macro blew out on my leg so now i have a really big bruise there. So finally the guy gave my braided hose to put in that area but not in the vert/valve area so I"m like "Okay" and Now I just wanna know why the heck that happened. I've had my macro since like January and it;s never done anything like that beofre. weird.
Anyone know a possible why or something?
thank you guys so much!
Lizza

Drew
11-04-2001, 01:13 AM
I use steel braided on all of my fittings on all of my guns,
macro is plastic after all, is it possible you spilled something on it? maybe made it weak, left it in the sun for too long? :confused:

BlueMagRT
11-04-2001, 11:27 AM
i am unsure what you are saying about blowing out the macroline. it sounds like you are saying the fitting was leaking then the hose came out of the fitting. it this is the case there are three reasons macroline will leak from the fitting
1. the macroline is not long enough to securely couple inside the fitting
2. the end of the macroline was not cut cleanly. ie. burrs on the end, out of shape, not cut straight.
3. the line enters the fitting with too much angle.

to eliminate those problems on my gun i cut my like with a sharp serated knife, clean the burrs of the end and make sure to have more length than i need.

LizzaRTgirl14
11-04-2001, 02:34 PM
No No.

What I mean is the macxroline blew out as well as part of the fitting. you know the ring thing that you have to oush in to get your line out? that blew out as well and was all deforemed both times. I checked my macroline to see if it was cut cleanly evenly nad was infact clean and it appeared to be.
Understand now?

T F
11-07-2001, 07:57 PM
And I would have to say that you had a terrible coincidence happen to you. The Macro that happened to me was 3 years old and the collar (for lack of better words) just came out of the fitting and there sat the fitting as an empty tube.

Is this what happened to you??? Anyway it scared the hell out of me and after I cleaned my drawers I replaced the line and it was all set. BTW this was no a German modified Angel LED Stars and Stripes edition not a mag if anyone was wondering...

Anyway I think you had simply two weak macor fittings (same store? Same batch??? ) and I think a bad case of terrible luck. Hope your bruise goes away...

TF