PDA

View Full Version : player haters

[M@g_D@ddy]
11-03-2001, 04:18 PM
why do ppl freakin hate 'mags so much?!? it pisses me off. u can play and bunker ppl just as much w/ 'mags as opposed to other 'guns, and a lot of the time, they're more reliable. i know ppl who have more trouble w/ their angels and bushys than my 'mags. yup, i have two. i'm sellin one tho BECAUSE I DON'T NEED A BACK-UP! e-mail me at tommy_n29@hotmail.com
as much as it may sound, i'm not flamin, hahaha. just tryin to tell ppl there ain't nothin' wrong w/ mags.

FooTemps
11-03-2001, 04:38 PM
That's the problem with hype these days. It seems like you're just playing with good players who aren't experienced enough to accept that all guns work well for their purpose.

Mega Man
11-03-2001, 05:22 PM
Just stand proudly with your mag. Just see how many times your mag breaks down compared to someone elses gun. Thats what I do.

StanBo
11-03-2001, 07:13 PM
I have to agree. I searched some pics from a tournament on Warpig (no dig I love the site and need it). I only saw one tourny player using a mag.

I don't know what to think. Is it best to move to another gun for tournaments?

Drew
11-03-2001, 08:30 PM
use what you are comfortable with, I use my genX cocker at tournies because I can lay paint, I don't have enough trigger time with my mags.....yet, I had the cocker before the mags, so I use it, one of the guys on my team ONLY uses his RT, and he is deadly with it!

"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain":D

MagMan5446
11-03-2001, 08:32 PM
...It's simply "hater" or "mag hater".

slateman
11-03-2001, 08:40 PM
They hate mags because because the basic design is a little older than most guns and because mags don't come with purty colors.

Just remember what Stuart Scott says: Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

[M@g_D@ddy]
11-03-2001, 11:00 PM
lol, i know what a player hater is. i just thought it sounded cooler than mag-hater or just straight hater. some of the ppl i know r just ignorant. just becuz it doesn't have pretty colors (like slateman said) doesn't mean it's bad!

Miscue
11-04-2001, 01:40 AM
I haven't figured out why they do that... I also haven't figured out how Cleo's Psychic Hotline makes money.

"Why'd you get that crappy gun?" - "To give people like you a fighting chance." :) One guy got really nasty with me, something about how I wasted money trying to make a crappy gun better with an N2 tank... "Nitro boy" he called me... no idea why my tank bothered him so much... other than that he did not have one. I told him to demonstrate to me what was wrong with the gun since he knew so much. Of course, he refused. I shot him out several times that day. :)

Too many Twinkies.

Shaft
11-04-2001, 02:00 AM
Ah who cares. People don't like your gun, frag 'em.

Outshoot em. Lay em down and light em up. Enjoy making them eat their words.
People thought I was using some kind of super gun on the field today. My answer - yup, it's a warp fed Automag.

DeVioSiTY
11-04-2001, 04:53 PM
It is all based in that jealousy factor. Player X sepent a few hundred just to get his gun. He then had to spend several dollars more just to get the thing to work decent.

Then you just walk on the feild with the the plain grey simple Automag you just pulled right out of the box that day, and light him up all down the feild.

There is something to say about the simplistic, rock solid design on an Automag, from even the classic all the way to the new E-mag. A few face lifts have helped along the way, but who really wants a marker with lots of pretty colors that makes then stand out on the feild like a sore thumb?

I know I don't

AkaEnder
11-04-2001, 09:56 PM
when I first started playing with my emag/warpfeed setup here in Manhattan, KS I got the same thing. All the locals constantly harassed me about the warps bulky look, and the emags "chop o matic" bolt.

2 months later, they talk alot different. One guy even exclaimed after being shot out by me once again "what the hell, thats not fair, when you're behind a bunker all I can see is the tip of your barrel, and the edge of your mask. I replied "yup".

Ive noticed that when you only get shot once in a day of play people seem to consider you uber. I just tell'm, 'its the warp'.

I think they're pretty much sold on the idea now.