PDA

View Full Version : Where is there to play in Chicago?

Mega Man
11-03-2001, 04:32 PM
During Thanksgiving break I'm going to Chicago for my brothers graduation. We'll that have the weekend to do pretty much whatever we want. So I was just wondering what I'm looking at paintball wise. Thanks

pbsj
11-03-2001, 05:18 PM
I believe Challenge Park Extreme is in the Windy City :)

Mega Man
11-03-2001, 07:58 PM
what do you recommend

damageinc54
11-04-2001, 01:42 AM
Come on out to Friendly Fire! Click the link below :)

Shaft
11-04-2001, 01:48 AM
Challenge Park Xtreme has a couple of very cool concept fields.

It's understaffed so you will wait a bit more than some may care to.

I've been calling it home all summer.

Badlandz doesn't require field paint - so you save some cash there.

Mega Man
11-04-2001, 01:27 PM
does challenge park extreme or badlandz have a website?

Mega Man
11-04-2001, 01:56 PM
i'll do that. It's called Waukegan.

Mega Man
11-04-2001, 02:01 PM
Waukegan is the city where we are going of course.

Bartleby
11-05-2001, 08:08 AM
here's the scoop. blitz is just a little north of you but it'll cost you a pretty penny. $30 for 500 and i believe a 15 field charge. challenge park is down in joliet. a good hour and 15 from you. you can't get much better than challege park. i find myself never leaving bedlam and armagedon. at cpx it's 20 for 500 and 15 field charge. badlandz doesn't require field paint but there's a 25 field charge and they have a case of 2000 for 30 bucks. then there's always chicago paintball factory and country club. both are fairly expensive but i believe the only indoor around. good luck to you.

Gunga
11-05-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Bartleby
here's the scoop. blitz is just a little north of you but it'll cost you a pretty penny. $30 for 500 and i believe a 15 field charge. challenge park is down in joliet. a good hour and 15 from you. you can't get much better than challege park. i find myself never leaving bedlam and armagedon. at cpx it's 20 for 500 and 15 field charge. badlandz doesn't require field paint but there's a 25 field charge and they have a case of 2000 for 30 bucks. then there's always chicago paintball factory and country club. both are fairly expensive but i believe the only indoor around. good luck to you.

Blitz ( http://www.paintballblitz.com )is fun, usually has a pretty good crowd. A case of paint is $120 though. :rolleyes:

Challenge Park Extreme...they've got some good fields, but the staff I've dealt with are *insert your swearword of choice here*. I for one won't go there again.

The field I usually go to is the Badlandz ( http://www.buyshocktech.com/badlandz.html ). You can bring your own paint if you like. Even if you buy field paint, it's not priced that badly. They don't rape you on the paint prices like Paintball Blitz. Also, if you're into following the tournament scene, the Chicago Open is held there.

Bad Boyz Toyz is about 15 minutes away from the Badlandz, just in case you wanna pick up a satin finish SFL E-Mag. :) They had a wall full of those when I was there on Saturday.

Never been to Country Club, though that'll be fixed on the day of the group tour of AGD. :)

As for Chicago Paintball...are they still around? I thought they closed. Anyway, even if they are still open, the place sucks. When I went (a few years ago), the floors were dangerously slippery with all the paint. I doubt that they cleaned them very often. You had to use their equipment (no bringing your own guns), the paint costs were astronomical, and on top of that, they charged $11 per hour to play!

Mega Man
11-05-2001, 09:33 AM
All these places to choose from, they all have thier ups and downs. This isn't anything like where I live where theres only 1 good place to play in the area. I wish I was staying longer so I could visit all of them. Well one more question, or maybe two, Wich has the best shop? and wich has the best feilds?

Gunga
11-05-2001, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Mag_Man_2000
All these places to choose from, they all have thier ups and downs. This isn't anything like where I live where theres only 1 good place to play in the area. I wish I was staying longer so I could visit all of them. Well one more question, or maybe two, Wich has the best shop? and wich has the best feilds?

Paintball Blitz has about 7 or 8 fields, no store nearby. Challenge Park has a store on site, dunno how many fields they have. Badlandz has 11 fields, Bad Boyz Toyz is 15 minutes away. Country Club has one indoor field with a store on site I believe.

Dunno about the other ones. :)

Shaft
11-05-2001, 10:11 AM
Because of the the themed fields at CPX, I would have to say that you should at least play once there. It is worth checking out at least once.
Bedlam and Armegeddon are a must play.
Those fields are always open.

Jungle of Doom is huge. A good snipers field.
I heard that Fort Courage is harsh because of the "Cowboys and Indians" game that they play there.

They have 25 fields there. Typically three of these will be open for open games.

Gunga
11-05-2001, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Shaft
Because of the the themed fields at CPX...They have 25 fields there. Typically three of these will be open for open games.

Why do they only have 3 fields open for open games?

krafty
11-05-2001, 01:41 PM
Hey, for those of you who have played at country club... What's it like? (I'm curious as to what kind of shoes to wear, and if it's light enough to leave in my tinted lenses, or swap them out for clear.)

Thanks!

Shaft
11-05-2001, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Gunga

Why do they only have 3 fields open for open games?

Understaffing. It's usually Bedlam and Armegeddon open then one other field to take a group of open-game players. Typically it's one of the small woods fields. Rarely is there much variety in the day.
I've been going everyother week this summer and I've only seen five fields.

Private Games rule the roost there! Open game players are kind of second class in regards to field choice.

Zo
11-05-2001, 03:22 PM
at CPX i hear that you have to ride a little train around to all the fields? is this true? and i heard there a little slow.. like 45 between trains? i've never played there thats why im askin'.

Bartleby
11-05-2001, 04:28 PM
country club sucks. they rip you off on paint and field charge for one field. every other round is a private game and the longest game you will play is 15 minutes. they also charge for air. if i were you, take a trip down to challenge park. i love it, even if i have to wait in line a little bit to play the greatest fields in the state. and they don't only have 3 fields open for open games. they 33 fields, 7 of which are tourny fields and about 12-16 are for private games and weekdays. of the rest, bedlam and armagedon are the only ones open ALL THE TIME. fields like jungle of doom and fort courage or usually only open during the late afternoon. but when you go there, you can't say you spent the whole day playing fields you didn't like. there's always something going out.

Mega Man
11-05-2001, 04:37 PM
thanks for all the info you guys. Is there usually a large crowd at challenge park, because I think thats where im gonna go.

Shaft
11-05-2001, 04:45 PM
Is much good!!
Let us know and we may have to show up and throw paint at you.
It's pretty busy whenever I'm there.

Gambit1106
11-06-2001, 09:33 AM
All I can say is beware of the ground in Armageddon!!! You can get some nice injuries there. Other than that the turn out at CPX varies. This last Saturday I stopped by to meet up with my team to play the town. We didn't due to the fact that there was around 300 people there. Like I said it varies depending on the weather. I would meet up with some people to play except that there is a tourney that weekend. Anyway Mag_Man I hope you have fun at whatever field you play at, but if you want a good field to play I recommend CPX.

Mega Man
11-06-2001, 06:57 PM
dang, at my local feild theres never more than, oh i dunno 20 or so

Zo
11-06-2001, 07:33 PM
be ready for some big city paintball ;)

Mega Man
11-06-2001, 07:42 PM
haha, now i feel like just a young country hick boy...oh wait I am...I live in the ozarks!!!!! hehe, look out for a kid around the ahe of 13 with billybob teeth, patcvhed up overalls, and a mag with mainly wooden parts. lol J/K, except for the part about being 13.

Zo
11-06-2001, 08:38 PM
lol, Don't feel bad, im from INDIANA... we got... like corn.. and more corn.. and what else? but corn...

Mega Man
11-06-2001, 08:46 PM
lol Zo you made me feel so much better! Yeah we got um....er...um....we got nuttin here, just old fashion country hicks whittling away!

oneshot
11-06-2001, 09:03 PM
Hey krafty

It is super dark in CC. You should change to a clear or yellow lense if you play there.