PDA

View Full Version : Center Feed Mag Breeches???

DiRTyBuNNy
11-03-2001, 04:40 PM
I used to have one in chrome, but i wanted to know if i can get one from AGD somehow in the plain silver so i can have some one like redrider powder coat it for me...

Chaos
11-03-2001, 09:31 PM
the 'chrome' is just a highly polished mag body, which is what redrider would have to do to powdercoat the standard grey body (polish it) anyways, so why not just use the 'chrome' one? (I believe this info is right, correct me if I'm wrong)

monsterpaintball.com has them for $250 I believe, and that includes a J&J barrel. Remember you can only use special centerfeed mag barrels with a centerfeed body (SMP makes freak backs for centerfeed mags, probably your best option, that or a J&J)

DiRTyBuNNy
11-03-2001, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry for not making it more clear..but i was going to have it powder coated blue....i already had a chrome one and i didn't like it...

Chaos
11-04-2001, 04:23 PM
the 'chrome' bodies arn't true chrome. Automag bodies are made of stainless steel, which is then highly polished to look 'chrome'. The 'grey' body that is standard on automags is basically a powdercoat that AGD applies to a raw body. RedRider would have to polish off the grey, to powdercoat it blue. The 'chrome' body is actually just a polished body, so what i'm saying is why not take a 'chrome body' (which is really just a polished body) and send it to redrider to be powdercoated blue (since they would have to polish the body anyway if you got the grey body from AGD).

Dubstar112
11-04-2001, 05:09 PM
I thaught the grey finish was just a bead blasting?

Chaos
11-04-2001, 07:53 PM
yes, but either way i'm almost possitive that to powdercoat it you would have to polish it first, because you want a smooth raw surface to apply the powdercoat on