PDA

View Full Version : went painting today

eaglelox
11-07-2004, 02:38 AM
So a buddy and me go playing today. Me with my much-loved minimag and him with his new (pinching nose) wall mart imagine spyder. Skies were blue and no wind, beautiful day. The mag was shooting strong in the beginning but eventually broke paint. Every game I broke at least one round. Well that’s ok I said I have the LX on the way. But I am watching how the spyder worked all day. No broken paint all day. Sustained the slow auto and fast 3 burst with a rev2. It seemed to get much more gas mileage than my mag and I don’t even have the LX in yet. The shots also seemed to be straighter and much more tightly grouped than mine. I played a game with it and was really impressed with the firepower and not breaking any balls! Wow all that for $134. I say it out shot the mag today. I did notice that it made the most obnoxious noise when shooting but o well. I believe I might have to get one or two for the wife :D .it is a fun cheap gun. Still love my mag thou :cheers:

Lee
11-07-2004, 09:04 AM
did you check the barrel to paint matches? your barrel may have been too big/small for the balls. that can contrbibute to breakage.

Destructo6
11-07-2004, 06:00 PM
The Imagine is a great starter, backup, or just simple fun paintgun. There's not a whole lot that can go wrong if you do the barest of preventative maintenance. I bought one for two of my nefews and one for myself, so that we could all go play together with similar equipment. I was surprised how much fun it was to play with something so inexpensive (so I dumped a bunch of money into it in upgrades =) ).

Gabriel
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
I love my imagine, I am getting a t-board in it, on of those anti-chop bolts (dont want eyes), and a palmer stabalizer/macdev gladiator double-reg CO2 setup. It should be a nice gun and something fun to take out cocky 14 year olds with.

Gabe

robdamanii
11-08-2004, 12:29 PM
I love my imagine, I am getting a t-board in it, on of those anti-chop bolts (dont want eyes), and a palmer stabalizer/macdev gladiator double-reg CO2 setup. It should be a nice gun and something fun to take out cocky 14 year olds with.

Gabe

Double regging won't give you much more consistency than single regging with a good stabilizer. Just food for thought.

Gabriel
11-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Double regging won't give you much more consistency than single regging with a good stabilizer. Just food for thought.

note that I said a CO2 setup. With N2, you dont need to double reg it becuase tanks come with a reg on it, however this is not the case with CO2 tanks. Ever wonder why in-line regs are called "secondary"? Because its the second one. Normally its recommended to have two regs.

:cheers: Food for thought...

Destructo6
11-08-2004, 07:48 PM
You really only need the Stabilizer. I ran an Autococker for about 8 years with a Stabilizer and had excellent consistancy with CO2.

Gabriel
11-08-2004, 09:26 PM
You really only need the Stabilizer. I ran an Autococker for about 8 years with a Stabilizer and had excellent consistancy with CO2.

need schmeed! :p :D

robdamanii
11-08-2004, 11:33 PM

I rest my case.

Gabriel
11-09-2004, 12:02 AM
need schmeed! :p :D

as do i :tard: :confused:

(also, read the quote in my sig...)

Destructo6
11-09-2004, 12:58 AM
need schmeed!
Well, if that's the case, have fun.