PDA

View Full Version : feed necks... how do they come off

spankythetanker
11-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I have what will a stupid question. YOu can tease me if you want just give me an answer that I can use. How do I get the feed neck of my ule vert feed so I can get a nice rouge neck?? thanks

kevdupuis
11-07-2004, 10:01 AM
The feed necks are threaded on and use locktite to secure them.
Try a little heat on the body at the base of the feed neck then unscrew the feed using a strap wrench. I've heard of people using hair dryers and heat guns to warm them up, but others have removed them cold.

spankythetanker
11-07-2004, 10:02 AM
thank you

lbonettosd
11-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Put the body in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes, hten remove the feedneck with a strap wrench.

Carbon Blue
11-07-2004, 01:17 PM
or you can use a blow dryer, i heard that works just fine too. :headbang:

TMAXXKING1
11-07-2004, 07:12 PM
man it takes a little more then a hair dryer to get it off ... let me tell you ..
here is how i got it off with out a scratch or ding or blem in my anno...took an old bicycle inner tube cut about a 3inch peice .. left it in a circl shape ..i did not cut it into a square .. i slipped it over the feedneck... and put the feedneck into a vise ..and about 20 secs later it was off...
also take the body off the rail and the valve out of the body ... this way there is no tention on the screws in the frame and rail or valve to be bent..

daviselk
11-08-2004, 04:00 PM
How i got mine off: I put my brand new egg into the feedneck by turning it in... and to get my egg out of it i started to "unscrew" the egg and my feedneck just un-screwed.

BTW, i did not meen to take my feedneck off and do not reccamend his bc it took me FOREVER to get my egg out of my feedneck w/e brake'in it.