PDA

View Full Version : San Jose, Here I Come

Slimm Jimm
11-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Nice plead for assistance: :)
I'm gonna be down there in a week and am looking for a place to play once or twice.

OR

Evil:
Show me a place to play, dammit!!! :ninja:

t33kyboy
11-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Theres only one feild in San Jose... and it sucks :cry:

santa clara paintball.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Drive to Modesto and play at Extreme :p

evildead420
11-07-2004, 06:38 PM
yep, or bear creek, sunol, and vallejo ,that would be far of a drive though;)

hAppy
11-07-2004, 07:02 PM
2 hours from SJ is Modesto, Extreme paintball. Wonderful field, beats the one in SJ itself.

www.fairgroundspaintball.com (San Jose)

1977FordBronco
11-07-2004, 07:57 PM
If your in San Jose, don't go to santa clara paintball! I live in Los Gatos (five min from SJ) and I drive 45 min. to Hollister every weekend and play at TAG. I like this field better because of the tourny set up. their web site is http://www.adventuregame.com

Message to all: Check out what TAG is expanding to in the next couple months it sounds awsome!
http://www.adventuregame.com/new-tag.html

LittlePaintballBoy
11-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Z-Man refs at TAG also.

Carbon
11-07-2004, 10:43 PM
I work there too!

I reff Saturdays and play sundays.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Meh, Carbon doesn't count.

/trying to seem like I know these things :p

SCpoloRicker
11-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Heyooo!!

I live in downtown San Jose, so feel free to hit me up for some :cheers:

As far as fields; most have been mentioned. I think we forgot Digger's factory field, which is in Hayward.

Your best bets are probably TAG or Extreme for speedball, and Bear Creek, Paintball Jungle, or Sunol for a more rec-based/woodsball game.

Keep us up on what your up to.

Ricker

P.S. since all the Nor-Cal guys will hit this thread; I just bought stondroopy's LCD with Pred mod. It rips, real pretty too. Great to do a deal in person. We actually recognised each other from previous AO event at SCP. So, yay for me!

amoeba
11-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Thumbs down for SCP. Sorry but that place sux. :)

Have nice stay in San Jose.

Slimm Jimm
11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I leave tomorrow, i'll probably play either next weekend or the following. thanx for letting me know. sounds like I'll be going to TAG, although i'm ashamed to say i won't take my gear with and will prob have to rent. o well, play for the fun of the game. :clap:

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Let us know when you go. You never know who might be up for joining ya!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 02:46 AM
Ryan is always up for playing. Well, I am too, but i'm not always up at being able to do it :p

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 02:47 AM
P.S. since all the Nor-Cal guys will hit this thread; I just bought stondroopy's LCD with Pred mod. It rips, real pretty too. Great to do a deal in person. We actually recognised each other from previous AO event at SCP. So, yay for me!
w00t, I have a new gun coming as well!

Carbon
11-13-2004, 03:11 AM
WORDUP! Slim jim if you come up this saturday, i got an emag for you to use if ou like. That should help cut the overal cost down. Anyhow hope yall can make it this sunday, theat when i'll be ballin'.

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 03:15 AM

LOL. He then took that money and bought my 04 featherlight excal. Small world ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 03:16 AM
And in a small world that sells and buys expensive guns everyone is happy :)

Slimm Jimm
11-14-2004, 08:49 PM
WORDUP! Slim jim if you come up this saturday, i got an emag for you to use if ou like. That should help cut the overal cost down. Anyhow hope yall can make it this sunday, theat when i'll be ballin'.

can ya get that emag there on the 20th? i plan to be there. email or pm me.

At TAG

L8R yall

Carbon
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Sat. the 20th, for sure! Ask for Nak (nok). i got a halo to go with it too! see ya there, maybe i can squeze in a few games while on break.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Rawr, my sisters have soccer that day :(

Steelrat
11-15-2004, 12:02 AM
I'd rather go to Extreme, but I can be there too ;)

Z-man
11-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Well if you guys are gonna go Ill come out there too! BTW how do you all like the new TAG site? I know much of it is incomplete but I wont finalize it till TAG moves to it's official position.

Blennidae
11-15-2004, 01:21 AM
You guys suck, I have plans to shoot some other guns that day. :eek:

Mighty Mike
11-15-2004, 03:49 AM
I swear i've got the worst case of bad luck right now. Here's another paintball get-together i'm going to miss. I haven't played since July.....so i may have to do "solo guy" at SCP on Sunday. :mad:

I checked out TAG's website.....VERY NICE!! :headbang: I like the fields....maybe the next AO Day location after the scenario game. :)

Z-man
11-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey Ryan just mentioned a very real question. What day? Saturday? Sunday? I know Carbon refs Saturday and Plays Sunday. Let's finalize this.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
What the TAG site? It isn't that fruity-licious number thing is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I put www.theadventuregame.com :rolleyes:

Carbon
11-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Well, this particular week, i've got a tourney to video on sunday :( i can forgo reffing saturday in lieu of playing with yalls. It would be nice to get some trigger time in saturday though. Holla!

Blennidae
11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
OK, the shooting on Sat. plans fell thru. If everyone is going to be at TAG on Sat. I'll try to make it too. I'll need someone to email me details on how to get there, paint policy, etc. as the links for the site keep coming up server not found for me. I can't say for sure f I'll be there, but I'll see what I can do.

SCpoloRicker
11-18-2004, 01:19 PM
^^ what blenn said...

Location, paint policy, planning on making it.

Z-man
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
OK Guys here is the deal on TAG's site.

The OLD sie was http://www.adventuregame.com/ That site is currently down and will become a redirect to the new address

http://www.800tag5150.com/ Why such an odd URL? Roland wanted that URL because it is also..... his phone number 1(800) TAG-5150.

The site has everything you are gonna need up and running

Hours and Rates Page (http://www.800tag5150.com/pages/hours_rates/hours_main.html)

Directions to TAG (http://www.800tag5150.com/directions.html)

Field Pictures (http://www.800tag5150.com/pages/pictures%26videos/pictures_main.html)

Yes they still wany white paint only BUT! TAG's prices are all way down now. It's $40 for a case of Midnight and you can BYOP. They are still running 3K fills as they are not in the new location yes. Such is life. Also be aware that the staging area is not currently covered so any people with EZ Ups might want to consider them.

evildead420
11-18-2004, 02:17 PM
man i want to go and do this, but im in a financial dispute :( but i already got paint and air system. 10 bucks is cheap admin. :ninja: i dont know. ill see, i need to shoot off too. :rolleyes:

TheShark
11-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm from San Jose originally, and I'll be up there for Thanksgiving weekend. A couple friends and I are going to Operation Paintball in Hayward on Saturday. It would be cool to meet some of you guys if anyone is interested!

SCpoloRicker
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
It sounds like we have a good group going to TAG, you may want to check that out instead.

Steelrat
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Operation paintball is so tiny. Come on out to TAG, its not too far.

Zak, I plan on letting you use the excal for some games if you want. Just be prepared to have your mag break once I get my hands on it.

Blennidae
11-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the updated links. I'll see what I can do about making it.

TheShark
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Well it sounds like you guys are planning TAG for the 20th, I won't be up until the following weekend. Dunno though if you are gonna be there that weekend too maybe i can talk my friend out of operation.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one who recognizes the baller in the top right of the main page?

:headbang:

Z-man
11-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I wondered when you might notice that...

Am I the only one who recognizes the baller in the top right of the main page?

:headbang:

1977FordBronco
11-18-2004, 11:23 PM
So are you goys going to be at TAG on the 20th or have you already gone? Ill be there on saturday. Who's planning on going as of now?

cabldawg
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Well I got a new toy to try out, so this sounds like a good day for it.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Don't leave us hanging here.

Steelrat
11-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Good grief, Cable could outfit a small army with guns.

LPB, what did you see in the upper right? I refreshed about 50 times, same stuff as always.

Carbon
11-19-2004, 03:00 AM
WOOT! crew rollout! see yall there, im gonna reff, im not sure of what groups i'll be reffing though we'll see.

SCpoloRicker
11-19-2004, 03:03 PM
I am confirmed on being there. I'm planning on arriving around 9ish.

I have a green pop-up, and I drive a green focus. I'll poke around to see if anyone is there, because I want to stage together so we can all get some shade.

See ya tomorrow!

Ricker

Slimm Jimm
11-19-2004, 05:52 PM
got the info, see yall tomorrow. i'll probably be in blue jeans and a black shirt with blue dragons. I'm itching to play.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I literally just took my viking out of the box, it's in near new condition!

w00t!

Steelrat
11-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Pics!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 08:45 PM
1. Me and gun

2. Closeup

3.What the other people will be seeing :headbang:

Steelrat
11-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Muwahahahahahaha! Another convert! Hope you like it!

Steelrat
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Remind me to give you a spare f4 detent I have.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 08:56 PM
f4 detent?

Ryan, did the 03 vikings have the little slope things coming down from the feedneck? I though that was an 04 trait.

Steelrat
11-19-2004, 09:16 PM
03s had it too. The wire detent on your gun is called an F4 detent, since I believe it was originally used on the F4 illustrator, and older gun design. Mine never went bad, but it never hurts to have a spare.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Can you get on AIM real fast? I have a couple q's.

cabldawg
11-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Good grief, Cable could outfit a small army with guns.
I'm trying

LPB, what did you see in the upper right? I refreshed about 50 times, same stuff as always.
There is nothing special there!

1977FordBronco
11-20-2004, 12:50 AM
I'n confirming for Saturday. I have a silver grand cherekee. I will have a red/black c4 jersey and red/black pbjunkies pants. I'll be taking my Mag so look for it. Here's a pics of it http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155658. See you all tomorrow. Ill be there at 9:30

Blennidae
11-20-2004, 12:55 AM

I think he meant top right of the TAG page. ;)

Slimm Jimm
11-20-2004, 08:40 PM
wow, a quick shower and i'm ready to play. i just won't here anymore :cry: oh well, had a great time today, and i DO plan on coming back some time.

Blennidae
11-20-2004, 10:32 PM
It was nice to meet you. We had a pretty decent turnout of NorCal guys. I'm sure someone will post pics soon. Slimm Jimm, I can honestly say you are the first person I have ever seen play paintball barefooted. :eek:

SCpoloRicker
11-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Slimm Jimm, I can honestly say you are the first person I have ever seen play paintball barefooted. :eek:

Obviously the easiest highlight to point out from today.

Had a great time, met some great people for the first time. 2nd highlight;

**Official AP Flash: Z-Man shot by 6 year old renter! Z-Man shot by 6 year old renter! Z-Man shot by 6 year old renter! /Official AP Flash**

By the way, I got the PC working again... however, the new mac is non-communicado with the outside world.

Tomorrow, we shall commune with the Jobsian *NIX world. I'm a wee scared.

Zak, can you shoot me a PM with your number? I want to pick your Mac skills a bit...

LPB, you looked ever so pleased with your purchase. My head still rings from the after-games Viking/Excal concert :wow:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 12:36 AM
I totally forgot you guys played today, I sat here for a whole 7 hours shooting my viking and playing games. Time slugs by when you're bored.

Glad to hear you had fun out here Jimm.

And whats this about Z-Man getting out by a 6 year old renter?

Z-man
11-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Yes what is all this about a 6 year old renter shooting me? I recall that 6 year old girl "Cable" shooting me (but that was more of a mercy gesture on my part).

Well I had fun. More than just fun I am now ruined. Not only did I get to meet Slimm Jimm and SCpoloRicker but i got to do something I never did before. I shot Ryan’s Excal for.. what was it... 6 games? something like that.

Words cannot describe how much fun that thing was. It was every bit as fast as the SFL but had this odd combination of the autococker feel without the kick. Ryan I think you said something about “when you start ripping on it, you go into a kind of trance?” Yes I agree, time slows down, the soothing sound of the excal cycling takes over and you watch with this sort of unconcerned gaze as the paint rains down on your foes. It’s a truly magnificent marker and I think at my peak with it I shot 6 pods and a hopper in 1 game.

Also I now have one more star I can put on the amazing list of my SFL E-Mag stats: Steelrat aka Ryan McAlhaney played with my SFL (while I stole his Excal away) for... like 6 games SOLID. This man has single handedly destroyed EVERY AGD marker he has owned. The fact that my SFL survived and functioned the rest of the day is more impressive than any other aspect of the marke rnow. I should have something laser engraved on it. I tell you the SFL is indestructible!

Finally, I have zipped the best 41 images that Blenn took on my camera (thanks again man!). Bear in mind that these are FULL sized images (about 1.1MB each) so its a large d/l. Ill let those of you who have got them post up your favorites in smaller sizes. Interestingly, Ryan is about 90% of the pictures....

http://www.800tag5150.com/TAG_11-20-04.zip (its a 50.3MB file)

Highlights (off the top of my head)

-Carbon reffing us all day. Great job man! What a deal to be able to be part of the AO Day and get paid ;)

-This mad crazy SL-68 touting guy who single handedly killed us off on the hyperball field EVERY TIME. The guy did not even have a HOPPER! He was just picking up paint and shooting it back at us.

-Shooting the excal...... mmmmm its like it’s own little world of happiness

-Ryan rushing he 50 and me (surprised and scared out of my mind) bonus balling him like 6 times with his own excal

- Immediately after the above action I was so proud. But the evil and mischievous CableDawg knew exactly where I was and as I came out of my safe wall of 55 gallon drums, I saw a terrible thing: CableDawg poked out of the bunker I was SUPPOSED TO GO GET. But wait is gets better, instead of looking off somewhere all confused to I could simply shoot him again and be done with it, HE’S AIMED RIGHT AT ME! Like he knew I was going to be RIGHT there. It was an extremely swine-like thing to do if you ask me.

-White rap music yo!

-And again, seeing some of the AO crew. I really do have more fun getting thrashed all day with you guys than winning a tourney with my team. I am stoked about this scenario and look forward to playing with you all again.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 01:34 AM
The scenario will > *. I still have yet to meet Ricker :(

SCpoloRicker
11-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Rawr, my sisters have soccer that day :(

Actually, we have bumped into each other twice;

Today when I was shooting your new Vike (db1 and SteelRats also)

and at the last AO/Nazi exchange at SCP. I think I borrowed electrical tape for a hopper in the staging area.

Although I was wondering where you were all day. Besides your sisters soccer games :p

I had the EZup and the green focus... Red Dye jersey, green pants green flex-7,,,

Blennidae
11-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Finally, I have zipped the best 41 images that Blann took on my camera (thanks again man!). Bear in mind that these are FULL sized images (about 1.1MB each) so its a large d/l. Ill let those of you who have got them post up your favorites in smaller sizes. Interestingly, Ryan is about 90% of the pictures....

http://www.800tag5150.com/TAG_11-20-04.zip (its a 50.3MB file)

That's Blenn, with an "E"... :rolleyes:

I took pics of whoever was close by. Cabledawg was covering the opposite side of the field. If you need your glory shots, you have to take it up with him. ;)

Z-man
11-21-2004, 02:11 AM
...If you need your glory shots, you have to take it up with him. ;)

You know me WAY too well.....

(fixing my amazing SPELLING on the Blann issue ;) )

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Actually, we have bumped into each other twice;

Today when I was shooting your new Vike (db1 and SteelRats also)

and at the last AO/Nazi exchange at SCP. I think I borrowed electrical tape for a hopper in the staging area.

Although I was wondering where you were all day. Besides your sisters soccer games :p

I had the EZup and the green focus... Red Dye jersey, green pants green flex-7,,,

?

I wasn't there today.

Z-man
11-21-2004, 02:14 AM
?

I wasn't there today.

LOL there was a little kid who brought out his black 03 Viking for us to play with. That is who he is thinking of.

Steelrat
11-21-2004, 02:14 AM
?

I wasn't there today.

Yeah, it was another little kid with a viking. Conner doesn't make annoying rap music like those guys did.

Slimm Jimm
11-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Slimm Jimm, I can honestly say you are the first person I have ever seen play paintball barefooted. :eek:

And they're still as tender as before, despite some necessary dancing :dance:. Awesome fields there at TAG, and thanks for the excellent reffing and use of your E-mag, Carbon. It was fun to meet o you all face to face.

P.S. I thought the kid that shot Z-man looked closer to 5. but that just may be me. ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Yo yo, werd to ya mother homeslice.

SCpoloRicker
11-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Yo yo, werd to ya mother homeslice.

When you posted pics of your new Vik, I thought for sure that you were the younger blond guy with a black ACE'd Vik.

Now I'm really confused. I was going to ask if you had made it, but then I AssUMed that you were there.

BTW, I don't think thise kids were rapping, I think it was something they were listening to.

cabldawg
11-21-2004, 11:15 AM
I had a great time. I got the X mag set up, it shot great.
Zak told the highlight of my day. and yes it was great to see him come around the barrel and to know there was a look of horror on his face, when he saw that I posted up on him.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I sat right here for a few hours. My sisters have soccer again today, so we can't just run out to extreme for a few games either.

Carbon
11-22-2004, 01:25 AM
so ehh. anyyone got a pic of me reffing?

cabldawg
11-22-2004, 07:44 AM
so ehh. anyyone got a pic of me reffing?
Yes

SCpoloRicker
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
WOOT!

Got my registration in for Night of the Catman!

not my buddy (the one that was holding me up. he's still in the fence :( ). So I'm in for sure! Mike, worry no longer...

Also, I got the new iMac going, and my cable modem hooked up to my Cat 5 cabinet. Yay for semi-productive Sundays!

Cabl, or others, I put my team as "AO Army and Evil Inc." I should be good to go, right?

Now I just have to get some time off work...

P.S. Carbon, there's at least one shot of you in that gallery... Unlike camera whore me :ninja:

Ricker

/yes, I remember whining last time about being in none of the shots.

sorry mods. last time. promise.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-22-2004, 02:46 PM
I am the young blonde kid with the vik :p

SCpoloRicker
11-22-2004, 03:41 PM
no you're not... wait. me=confused :cry:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Am too. Must of been some nerd imposter.

Carbon
11-23-2004, 02:04 AM
COuld some one please put up a pic of me reffing? im on dialup and cant hang with the 50m set. thnx!

Blennidae
11-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Here is the one in the 50mb set, resized.

Carbon
11-24-2004, 12:03 AM
OH yeah thnx Blenn! anyone else? woot thnx!