PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else own a CCM Marker?

tolley
11-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Just wondering if anybody here ownes a CCM J2 or S5. I'm considering one. The S5 looks like the least expensive upgraded cocker clone I've ever seen. Only found one review at PBReview, nothing else online. Just wondering.

GT
11-07-2004, 06:31 PM
we covered this a few days ago:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155926&highlight=ccm

Personally,
I am going to buy another marker soon. The debate is SV, J2, or an emag.

Lee
11-07-2004, 07:41 PM
i don't have a marker of thiers, but i do have a ccm pump kit on my sniper. very solid and well made.
i've put several cases through my sniper since i chiplied it and there is no loosening of any parts or etc.

tolley
11-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Even better. Thanks.

Spaceman613
11-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I love my J2.

and so far, all of the ones I have sold have been getting great reviews. Series 5's as well...

only one SV owner wasnt happy, but that was last fall.

Pstan
11-08-2004, 12:54 PM
I have an E-Bladed S-5. I consider it to be the best marker I've ever fired. Quite frankly, I like it so much I'm considering selling the Blade, adding an 86 degree frame and X-way, and Warping it. At that point, I could use the reduced profile to make up for the firepower loss.....all in a smooth, elegant, wonderfully crafted marker.

PsTaN

tolley
11-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Are you a CCM dealer? You said "all the ones I've sold"

Spaceman613
11-08-2004, 01:48 PM
yes

I am with BunkerBoyz Paintball

on the CCM dealer map, we are the one in the midwest :)

LUKE4696
11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
I traded my RT micromag for a series 5, i think i made a mistake. the fit and finish is second to none, though CCM's customer service absolutely blows. I sent the marker in for a tune-up and it came back to me in about the same shape it left in (i.e. not working...). They installed the parts I requested, charged me $45 for service that was never performed, and then shipped my marker back to me without the additional parts (i.e. feedneck for another marker) I ordered. All in all, not so satisfied. They didn't time my cocker, the 3 way leaks, and the reg' pressure is set through the roof, and the marker shoots about 125 FPS. These clowns blow, and all for $132 in parts/labor.
-Luke

Spaceman613
11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Have you called them and stated your situation?

In all of the time i have dealt with them, yours is the second BAD experience i have heard of... the first was a few years ago.

Just call them up and let them know the problem. Im sure they will do thier best to make it right.

LUKE4696
11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Have you called them and stated your situation?

In all of the time i have dealt with them, yours is the second BAD experience i have heard of... the first was a few years ago.

Just call them up and let them know the problem. Im sure they will do thier best to make it right.

already ahead of you, though doesn't look like much progress is going to be made. i will keep you guys posted of what transpires, though I am not counting on much at this point...

Dubstar112
11-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I just sold mine not too long ago. Quality is very excellent.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7tmpm/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hpim0052.jpg

GT
11-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Luke,
I dont want to grill you but I do want to understand the problem.

I sent the marker in for a tune-up and it came back to me in about the same shape it left in (i.e. not working...).
-Luke

I dont understand this part, it was there for a tune-up but the gun didnt work?

They didn't time my cocker, the 3 way leaks, and the reg' pressure is set through the roof, and the marker shoots about 125 FPS. These clowns blow, and all for $132 in parts/labor.

How do you know that the reg was set to high if you are unsure how to tune up your gun?

chefstevie
11-08-2004, 05:00 PM
o damn he just shot you down...i have one for sale right now...im gettin out of paintball(besides my tippy)...anyone interested check my sig(deal pending)

GT
11-08-2004, 05:03 PM
o damn he just shot you down...i have one for sale right now...im gettin out of paintball(besides my tippy)...anyone interested check my sig(deal pending)

not here to shoot anyone down, just trying to get a handle on the problem.

chefstevie
11-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Im sure your not but it was still funny as hell....up...lol

tolley
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I'll give CCM an email message, I can't believe as nice as things have gone for me with them that you would get that kind of service, maybe if they realize the effect this might have they might do something.

Carbon
11-09-2004, 01:14 AM
how abouta CCM mag. now that would be the coolest!

Jackel411
11-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I have an 03 J2 Pump and the fit and finish on it rival some carters Ive seen... the one complaint I have is that I should of got it annoed in gloss black not dust black...

LUKE4696
11-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Im sure your not but it was still funny as hell....up...lol

You are an idiot, plain and simple (lol...).

I traded a guy my micromag for his series 5 (just looking for something different). He was running an e'blade before the trade and swapped things back to 'stock' for our deal, which was fine with me as I already have an e'blade (looking for a rec. marker here...). So, in the process of converting the marker back to stock, he replaced the e'way with the factory 3 way, put the original grip frame on, and installed a different reg (macdev reg, gotta love it!).

Anyways, I knew the gun would need some fine tuning when I received it, and I set out to give it the ol' college try and attempt to peform the 'tune up'. Well, I ended up breaking the LPR and decided that I would not chance my luck anymore, so I sent the marker into Chipley to replace the LPR and perform a general inspection of the marker in hopes of having it put back into stock condition. They kept the marker for two weeks (fine by me), sent it back with the new LPR (at least they got that one right), a 3-way that still leaked, and velocity/reg settings that were all goofed up.

All I wanted was factory timing and performance, not some race marker. I paid for the LPR (not to mention a new ram on their reccomendation...) and maintenance and in turn was greeted with a leaky marker that shot 100 FPS. I have sinced adjusted the reg settings and velocity to get the marker firing decently, though I am not sure if the settings are appropriate as I am not a cocker guru. Thats why I sent it to Chipley, to have them to their magic, but instead I guess my expectations were to high.

I hope this clarifies things a little,
Luke