PDA

View Full Version : Nerve 'noid innovation

MindJob
11-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Found this while browsing the other forums. If it's old news, sue me :rofl:

Nerve 'Noid (http://www.designnews.com/article/CA478135.html?industryid=22207)

(Link fixed)

CrimsonGhost
11-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Can we sue you for a link thats not working ?;)

player4
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes, maybe it would be funny if the link actually worked............... :rolleyes:

MindJob
11-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Can we sue you for a link thats not working ?;)

Absolutley. Even more so......

Meph
11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Hmmmm.... I wonder what the life of this thing is like. That and if you switch out the coil to a lighter one (it's gotta have a longer/stiffer one for those pressures... up to 300psi) how much smoother and faster it would operate. Or if it prefers higher pressures.

And gotta wonder how much work was actually Humphrey and the Japanese company, and how much Smart Parts actually contributed (besides testing).

frop
11-08-2004, 09:14 PM
LOL tamper-proof seal to prevent users from disassembling the marker :rolleyes: I.E. more money for SP to fix their crap

teufelhunden
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
No, it keeps idiots from messing with their marker.

If you open it to fix it, you probably won't be sending it to SP..

Meph
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah but what about store techs that sell the item who stand by their product and actually know how to repair the equipment, and want to do in-house repairs for their customers?

Or people that actually do know what they're doing and when the noid eventually does break an o-ring or such and starts to leak they want to save the time and fix it themselves.

If both of these options are void then that's really not anything but counterproductive. Except for SP's pockets since they of course will probably end up charging for the repairs. Or not depends on how their service is that day.

TheTramp
11-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I have a feeling that the artical was worded poorly.

I'd bet that it's the noid itself that's "tamper-proof" and not the whole gun.

frop
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah but what about store techs that sell the item who stand by their product and actually know how to repair the equipment, and want to do in-house repairs for their customers?

Or people that actually do know what they're doing and when the noid eventually does break an o-ring or such and starts to leak they want to save the time and fix it themselves.

If both of these options are void then that's really not anything but counterproductive. Except for SP's pockets since they of course will probably end up charging for the repairs. Or not depends on how their service is that day.

That's exactly what I meant. ;)

Kaiser Bob
11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
"The company also developed a pilot housing and valve body cover machined from aluminum rather than the traditional injection-molded plastic, which, Telford says, is perceived by the market as a better alternative."

Translation: Paintballers prefer shiny things.

Skoad
11-09-2004, 02:12 PM
the less plastic parts the better.

teufelhunden
11-09-2004, 02:34 PM

The store and techs should be SP Certified so it should be no problem.

And people that do know what they're doing should have no problems opening it up or finding out how to.

WARPED1
11-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Very cool, hence the name Smart Parts.................

Ityl
11-10-2004, 12:10 PM
It's cool that Smart Parts had a part developed for them instead of using something that already exists. Could this be no more using solenoids at pressures greater than recommended?

trains are bad
11-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Translation: Paintballers prefer shiny things.

haha spot on. Plastic != bad.

TheTramp
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
If it really is a better noid I wonder if it could be used for other guns.

edit: without a HUGE amount of modification