PDA

View Full Version : Teammate wants a Mag - need some advice

paullus99
11-09-2004, 07:54 AM
My Team Leader is looking for a Mag (as a backup to start) in place of his Tippmann 98. The issue he has with the Tac-One is the foregrip being too close to the trigger guard (since he's used to the longer Tippmanns).

He likes the RT - but I'm concerned that its not so much a scenario marker (since he wants to be able to mount his sights), as a speedball marker. Any advice I could pass along to him would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-09-2004, 08:06 AM
KAPP used to make foregrip extenders, I don't know if they would fit a TAC body or not though. If they will you might be able to find one in the B/S/T somewhere.

Joni
11-09-2004, 08:10 AM
You could use a TAC body, RTP body rail with front grip rail. That would push the front grip a bit forward

chairman_mao
11-09-2004, 08:23 AM
He should really try one out with the naormal set up. He may really like the more compact arraingment that the Tac One has. If he doesn't use a drop on the mag the difference in hand position on the foregrip will be negligable IMHO

trains are bad
11-09-2004, 09:26 AM
It's not hard to either buy a foregrip extender or just make one out of anything. I went from my beloved tippmann to a mag, it's a natural jump ergonomically speaking.

stoupa
12-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I thought that it was possible to move the vertical adapter on Tac rail one hole forward? It looks like there are three holes from the pic on AGD's online store.

TDonovan
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
I dunno exactly what the tac-rail is like. But with an adjustable foregrip slot like the dealers have, he should be able to get what he needs.

Aside from that, just tell him to leave his scopes and junk in the gearbag. They're pretty much useless in speedball.

stoupa
12-21-2004, 03:57 PM
This is what I meant, check out the Tac on the left:
(These are lbonettosd's mags)

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/10000/DSC00874_1139_rs.JPG

B.A.M.
12-21-2004, 06:22 PM
nice mag dude^

pointm@n
12-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Buy a Tac1 and then get a rogue rail. The slot is adjustable so he can choose how far/close the foregrip is.

I use my TacE for speedball and woodsball. I keep the flashlight and laser on there for looks but never actually use them in game.

TheTramp
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
What about getting an RT-Pro with a Tac body? I'm sure one of the AGD dealers could put that together.

That way you've got the longer grip distance and also the places to mount scopes etc.