PDA

View Full Version : Need beta testers for "stainless steel body Warp Feed (only) mod."

luke
11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for 5 people to beta test this mod. If you are willing to pay for the feed tube, shipping, and put paint threw it right away, I'll install it for free. I've tested this mod and haven't experienced any problems, so, I don't anticipate any problems but until I get more out, you never know.

This is for power feed or the original Auto Mag feed bodies only. NO vertical feeds.
The Warp Feed port will be on the same side as the opening to your breach.

Keep in mind that if your body is Teflon Coated or has been Powder Coated, it will need to be redone. I don't offer this service and will not cover the cost to redo it.

Once we get this testing done, I'll be offering the Warp Feed tube with and without installation, because I know there are quite a few people out there that can install these themselves.

The price will be very affordable whether you choose the installation or not. :cool:

PS. this same feed tube could be used to convert your Power Feed to a Vert feed. :D

Cost info http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158113

luke
11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Here are a few pictures...

luke
11-09-2004, 08:52 PM
It can also be mounted this way to convert your power feed or original Automag feed to Vert feed, with a slight offset you can sight down the barrel... ;)

Sorry about the picture, but you get the idea.

BD_Paintball
11-09-2004, 09:20 PM
that looks cool but man if you chop you are in big trouble if you plan on cleaning it out on the field

frontrunner
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
i'm interested in having a power feed turned in to a vert are you in the dealers page if not where can i get more info

luke
11-09-2004, 09:46 PM
that looks cool but man if you chop you are in big trouble if you plan on cleaning it out on the field

Actually you’re in better shape with this design than you are with the straight feed or the power feed. You can get at the face of the bolt with this configuration…. :cool:

luke
11-09-2004, 09:50 PM
i'm interested in having a power feed turned in to a vert are you in the dealers page if not where can i get more info

If your one of the first 5, I'll conceder it a "beta" so you get free installation. I'll set up a link to the dealer forum and post the info... :dance:

luke
11-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Here's a link to the info...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1681036#post1681036

Wc Keep
11-09-2004, 10:20 PM
makes me want a warp again

danheneise
11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
very interested i have a powerfeed HL body and would like it to be vert feed if i get picked ;)

mobius
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a teflon body recoated? I like the black finish, and would like to redo it if I get this done. If not, would powdercoating be as durable as the teflon?

luke
11-10-2004, 09:39 AM
danheneise,

It's first come first serve.
Here's the info, LMK >>

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158113

luke
11-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a teflon body recoated? I like the black finish, and would like to redo it if I get this done. If not, would powdercoating be as durable as the teflon?

I believe the answer is YES, powder coating is very durable. :D

luke
11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
I did some testing with the Vert feed and it rips. Gravity feed (tested with a Revy) seems to work perfect. :D :dance: If you don't want to use a 'straight" elbow, Revys slip over the feed tube nicely. I used a hose clamp to cinch it down. ;)

luke
11-11-2004, 04:35 PM
still looking............. ;)

vf-xx
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
I'll bite, if you have a 90* warp adapter that I could purchase as well.

luke
11-12-2004, 08:25 AM
You mean like what comes stock with your Warp?

vf-xx
11-12-2004, 09:07 PM
You mean like what comes stock with your Warp?

Yeah, I need another one of those.

behemoth
11-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I replied in the other thread that i'd test it for ya...

Just thought i'd hit here too :)

luke
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I need another one of those.

I probably have a few laying around, (I don't use them with this mod myself.) I'll throw it NC if you get the mod.

PM me if your intrested.

luke
11-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I replied in the other thread that i'd test it for ya...

Just thought i'd hit here too :)

PMed you.....

DiSoRdeR
11-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Do you have any pictures of the vert feed one? And would you happen to have any pictures of this done to a Minimag?

luke
11-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Do you have any pictures of the vert feed one? And would you happen to have any pictures of this done to a Minimag?

The only picture I have is the one above. I haven't gone into full production with these; the pictures you see above are of the prototype. The Vert feed will go straight up from the existing hole one your gun body, so it will be slightly offset.

I've had lots of people say they were sending their bodies in for the mod, but I haven't received any yet. I will get pictures when given the opportunity. :)

I may even shoot a 30 second video of each mod in action. Can't promise when though. I have a pretty full plate right now. I have something else in the works today, may have pictures up tonight. ;)

danheneise
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
i got mine back yesterday (monday) and it looks really REALLY clean and awsome, as soon as i opened it i ran up stairs and thew it on my gun and admired how nice it looked with the rest of my guns parts all put together. then i went to put the barrel in and had a problem :cry: , the barrel slid in like normal but stopped once it got half way past the feed tube, me being the idiot that i am pushed it into the carpet and forced the barrel on the rest of the way, well it looked great with it on and all but i thought that i might actually want to switch out my barrels sometime so i started pulling on it, and tugging on it, and yanking on it and it didn't budge. some how today i managed to get some strenght out of my scrawny little arms and yanked that baby out but now i've stupidly done the same thing again with my other barrel :tard:

another problem with it is that it dosen't sit in the rail properly, i've taken it on and off many times trying to get it to position riight but no mater what i try it lifts up in the back a little bit, and also pushes the valve up off of the rail. luckly i have a brand new minimag body that i just ordered so i'm not totally screwed. I think i'm going to try my dremel a bit in the inside of the body to see if i can't get the barrel to fit in any better...

crackerjack
11-23-2004, 07:55 PM
danheneise
I did that to my old minimag body when i tried to weld the power feed tube back on the body after I broke it off. What happen was the metal got hotter on one side than the other and warpped the body. I tried to fix it by hammering the barrel in and heating the body with a torch.
That made it a little better but I trashed it and bought a ULE body. So in short that body is trash. I have a Emag/RTpro power feed hopper left body you can have for FREE + shipping if you what to try it again.
Jack

luke
11-24-2004, 08:15 AM
i got mine back yesterday (monday) and it looks really REALLY clean and awsome, as soon as i opened it i ran up stairs and thew it on my gun and admired how nice it looked with the rest of my guns parts all put together. then i went to put the barrel in and had a problem :cry: , the barrel slid in like normal but stopped once it got half way past the feed tube, me being the idiot that i am pushed it into the carpet and forced the barrel on the rest of the way, well it looked great with it on and all but i thought that i might actually want to switch out my barrels sometime so i started pulling on it, and tugging on it, and yanking on it and it didn't budge. some how today i managed to get some strenght out of my scrawny little arms and yanked that baby out but now i've stupidly done the same thing again with my other barrel :tard:

another problem with it is that it dosen't sit in the rail properly, i've taken it on and off many times trying to get it to position riight but no mater what i try it lifts up in the back a little bit, and also pushes the valve up off of the rail. luckly i have a brand new minimag body that i just ordered so i'm not totally screwed. I think i'm going to try my dremel a bit in the inside of the body to see if i can't get the barrel to fit in any better...

Don't quit on me yet. :) The body was checked with a Stock RT Pro barrel and it worked fine here. I can fix it. Send the set up as it is, barrel, rail and the body. I'll make it right no charge.

Remember this is a beta.. ;)

luke
11-24-2004, 08:21 AM
danheneise
I tried to fix it by hammering the barrel in and heating the body with a torch.
That made it a little better but I trashed it and bought a ULE body. Jack

Please do not try this. :(

I'm sure I can straighten out the problem. :)

By the way this work comes with a warranty. If a body is ruined it will be replaced.

GT
12-16-2004, 08:25 PM
still need beta testers?

luke
12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Pmed you...

danheneise
12-17-2004, 08:01 PM
sorry i'm taking so long in getting my body back to you for you to fix, i still want that done but it's gonna take a while as christmas has royally screwed my wallet over :rolleyes:

Evil1
12-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Still need any beta testers?

luke
12-18-2004, 09:34 AM
You bet, I'll PM you...

dynastyfan
12-18-2004, 10:02 AM
hey if you still need some beta tester i might be interested in the vert mod

luke
12-18-2004, 05:06 PM
I'll pm you...

wanna-b-ballin'
01-11-2005, 09:05 PM
hey, i thought of this idea a few months ago, but never had the chance to test it or post here (i'm new) cuz i dont have a mag. oh well. i cant figure out you mounted the necks with the little bend in it though, and how clean the weld is, if yours are welded that is. lookin good though and i bet they work great. when i get a mag, i'll have to have you do mine, cuz i know i wont be able to get it to look so nice. great job and i envy your mill skill :hail:

luke
01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
i cant figure out you mounted the necks with the little bend in it though, and how clean the weld is, if yours are welded that is.

Its 2 pieces TIG welded together, then milled on the end that gets TIG welded to the body. ;)

Check this out> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155104&page=2
Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the Vert mod.....

Sk8ermog
01-12-2005, 03:20 AM
I got mine and love it. Luke did such a great job that it looks like it was straight from the factory with the off-set feed. The inside of the feed tube is also incredibly smooth so no worries on cutting balls on any welds. I can't even really see where he put the body and feedneck together at since the glossy powerdercoat covers it all.

The only problem I've had to far with it is finding a way to get my hopper on it. I tried putting a rev. over the feedneck and then using a clamping ring to hold it on, but it just looks too chessy. So now I'm going to look into getting a feedneck for it. I found that any vert syder feedneck would work on it. Also a warp adapter sides right on. Thanks again Luke. It looks really nice.

Sk8ermog
01-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Pic:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81608&stc=1

looks and feels great. Thanks.