PDA

View Full Version : Faq Sticky Thread Needed ?

punkncat
11-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Lets vote about putting up a FAQ thread....

Covering all the what fits/works with what , taking off rails , etc. crud that we constantly see spilling across the boards.

punkncat
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Also , I do realize that all this information is available if you simply look for it , but with it stickied and linked even it might cut some of the spam....

deathstalker
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Voted yes. Threads like those can be kept open, to which all members can contribute, and mods can clean it up every so often.

However, upon reading the subject title, I was expecting a VERY different thread. I think there should be a new poll: should we change fonts so q and g look different from each other? :D

p8ntball365
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
and how to put a vert adapter from one mag to the other. Great idea help for the newer mag owners.

cphilip
11-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Would it not be a better solution for us to do some work on this? (http://www.automags.org/forums/faq.php?)

As this would be very obvious place to send people and there are way too many Sticky threads as it is. At least somewhere to send people too already exists..... although.... I admit... it needs some serious work and addition.

Maybe we could get some suggestions as to what needs to be added to that and do some much needed addition and such to it? Would take some real work... and just a suggestion for a solution to this....

maybe a Tech FAQ... etc.... but there.... in FAQ

punkncat
11-09-2004, 09:18 PM
That would be awesome . Would be good to update and make that a more usable area.

It is , however , fairly obvious that not enough people are seeing the FAQ bar at the top. Thus my suggestion to sticky it , even the link to it .

coopy18
11-09-2004, 09:59 PM
I think putting some work into the FAQ would be very helpful and it is the logical place to put the information. IMHO, a good place to start would be the "what will work/fit on my mag" section. Then again I may be biased since I am so new to Mags. (I feel stupid asking those questions so I usually lurk around waiting for someone else to ask)

-coopy

saml604
11-09-2004, 10:12 PM
haha I thought it said *** too

Chronobreak
11-09-2004, 10:54 PM
we need to add things like hair and other important thread the the historics etc i think..get this dang thing roganized..

look at the agd forum on pbn how its etup ;) might give some ideas although i know pbn is a tad diff

Kevmaster
11-09-2004, 11:06 PM
stickies are overrated....FAQ page would rock phil. tell webby to get on that...after the gallery, the updates of AO pictures ont he top bar....