PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraved AtomiX

LittlePaintballBoy
11-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Check out this AtomiX timmy with a custom laser engraving job (done by FBM)

http://home.comcast.net/~newqlear/atomixlaser.jpg

Original thread from Timmy Owners (http://www.intimidatorowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820)

meshaq
11-09-2004, 09:23 PM
:wow: :wow: :wow: :dance:

Bulldog
11-09-2004, 09:27 PM
That certainly makes a statement.

hAppy
11-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Saw it awhile back. It makes the Timmy look alot cooler, I mean just a mushroom cloud is pretty boring.

LeatherPants
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Saw it awhile back. It makes the Timmy look alot cooler, I mean just a mushroom cloud is pretty boring.

I honestly never like the Abomb till I saw this one. It's unique. It makes the mushroom look cool instead of just a random milling idea.

Blazestorm
11-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Seen it in person, very very nice! :D

WenULiVeUdiE
11-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I think I'm going to have to make a trip down to FBM and have them do some.
They do some of the nicest engraving I have ever seen.
I think we are going to start seeing more and more engraving, and less extravegant milling.

Steelrat
11-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Honestly one of the neatest things I have yet seen in paintball. Fantastically creative, and VERY cool.

_tMAN
11-09-2004, 10:22 PM
ooohh!
Shexay!

temps
11-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Sexy!
We need more guns with sweet engraving like that :hail:

Gabriel
11-10-2004, 12:08 AM
i must say its creative, and looks nice... but I would never EVER be caught using that. Im sorry, i just couldnt use something glorifying a WMD that actually killed millions of people. Maybe without the city scene around the mushroom cloud it would be usable, but with the buildings engraved all around it, it just seems insensitve...

I know I sound like a :cry: , i just had to say it.

-=Squid=-
11-10-2004, 12:30 AM
i must say its creative, and looks nice... but I would never EVER be caught using that. Im sorry, i just couldnt use something glorifying a WMD that actually killed millions of people. Maybe without the city scene around the mushroom cloud it would be usable, but with the buildings engraved all around it, it just seems insensitve...

PC. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

Ph0
11-10-2004, 12:34 AM
coolest thing i've ever seen. gabe, dont be such a nancy.

SpecialBlend2786
11-10-2004, 12:50 AM
wow that is incredibly sweet looking.

I want my emag battery pack done

SummaryJudgement
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Death From Above
11-10-2004, 12:17 PM
very nice makes you almost not want to shoot it :shooting:

nt2004
11-10-2004, 12:57 PM

someone always has to ruin the peace. You need to stop being so sensitive man.

PissedGodzilla
11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
That is, so far, the most amazing piece of artwork I have seen on a marker. Kudos to FBM.

Python14
11-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I honestly never realized that little shape was a mushroom cloud. Guess you learn something new everyday. :D

I like it. There need to be more laser-engraved guns around. Imagine a DM4 with lazer engraved Hi-lites along with milling. That would be super fantastico!

LittlePaintballBoy
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
I honestly never realized that little shape was a mushroom cloud. Guess you learn something new everyday. :D

Didn't you ever wonder why it was called the A-Bomb Intimidator? I like the eye covers the most (from every A-Bomb.)

Will Wood
11-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I think it looks stupid.

BUt I do LOVE those timmys. They are sweet lookng.

adt501
11-10-2004, 03:46 PM

sorry to rain on your pacifism, but the two bombs we dropped on Japan did not kill "millions", only over a hundred thousand people. Im say "only", not because im heartless, its because Truman's advisors at the time estimated it would take nearly a "million" casualties to capture the thousand some odd islands that actually make up the main part of Japan.

Truman was doing our troops a favor

Now back to glorifying that awesome milling :headbang:

SpecialBlend2786
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
sorry to rain on your pacifism, but the two bombs we dropped on Japan did not kill "millions", only over a hundred thousand people. Im say "only", not because im heartless, its because Truman's advisors at the time estimated it would take nearly a "million" casualties to capture the thousand some odd islands that actually make up the main part of Japan.

Truman was doing our troops a favor

Now back to glorifying that awesome milling :headbang:

yep.

and awesome milling it is :)

68magOwner
11-10-2004, 10:43 PM
i saw it a good while ago, thought it was cool/unique, but i dont like it to much

Gabriel
11-11-2004, 12:27 AM
someone always has to ruin the peace. You need to stop being so sensitive man.

gabe, dont be such a nancy.

Sorry guys, im not being sensitive, its just I've met people actually from around hiroshima and im sure they wouldnt use it. I agree its a creative and good-looking gun, I just think it is alittle... tactless? Once again, sorry for "destroying the peace" "being a nancy" and being un-american... :confused:

Just one question... would you use a gun with a scene of the pearl harbor attack engraved in the side?

LittlePaintballBoy
11-11-2004, 12:50 AM
If it looked cool.

It isn't like you are glorifying war, but if you have a gun that has a mushroom cloud on it it is just calling for soemone to make a work of art of it.

Evil1
11-11-2004, 03:06 AM
I would be afraid to use a gun that looked as cool as that one. I wouldn't want to get it all dirty and scratched up. And I don't think the milling on that gun is portraying Hiroshima. It is just a A bomb. It is not called the Hiroshima timmy. I always thought the a bomb timmy was a very original idea and cool looking at that.

nt2004
11-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry guys, im not being sensitive, its just I've met people actually from around hiroshima and im sure they wouldnt use it. I agree its a creative and good-looking gun, I just think it is alittle... tactless? Once again, sorry for "destroying the peace" "being a nancy" and being un-american... :confused:

Just one question... would you use a gun with a scene of the pearl harbor attack engraved in the side?
its not like they purposely mde a skyline of hiroshima on the gun. Do you really think that was there intention? To try to offend japanese people? I have a question for you. Are you teh kind of person who wouldnt buy bunkerking merchandise because you believe it glorifies "killing suckers?"

CrimsonGhost
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Nice job FBM...makes a "so-so" design look outstanding. I hadnt thought of lasering to add to an ano before(personaly I think all this designer logo stuff has gone WAY to far...and been way to hyped...lol..and dont get me started on the fact that its a trademark issue...;) )

And yes , I would use a marker that had a Pearl Harbor, WTC, OK City , design lasered into the side. I would carry it as a tribute to those who died in those places.Not all items like this glorify war,death,destruction.

The design on the side is a FICTIONAL city...(though one of the buildings looks like its from the L.A. Skyline) It would be slightly different if it has an actual city name on it....but its not.

:cheers:

Steelrat
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
It's not like they make a Hiroshima, Dresden, or Nanking edition timmy. Its the "A-bomb" timmy, so they show a B-52 dropping a nuke on a generic city. If they had shown a B-29 dropping a bomb on a Japanese city, thats one thing, but this? Gimme a break.

ilikePB
11-11-2004, 08:11 PM

LOL, it's not a pic of Hiroshima or Nagasaki. Get off your high horse.

hardr0ck68
11-11-2004, 11:25 PM
ooooohhhhh i want a "sneak attack e-mag" that shows a bunch of boats getting owned in a harbor! awsome idea, like truly....i really want one now

oh yeah just so everyone understands, i do like the engraving, its Uber-Hot!

Gabriel
11-12-2004, 01:28 PM
I have a question for you. Are you teh kind of person who wouldnt buy bunkerking merchandise because you believe it glorifies "killing suckers?"

no, i love bunker king merchandise. I also watch happy tree friends (www.happytreefriends.com), among other things like that. I just found that alittle tasteless, sorry. however, now that it has been pointed out that the plane is a b-52 jet bomber (which they didnt have in WW2) and that it is basically a fictional skyline, I must say I was wrong. i simply thought they made a depitction of hiroshima or nagasaki. Now that I know otherwise, I gotta say that I was wrong and I'm sorry. And that I still like the milling, as I have said all along. Only this time I say I'd play with it...

chaos lichen
11-12-2004, 06:54 PM
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: I could never play with that, I just spend the whole game staring at it :tard: that is really nice! :dance:

Bulldog
11-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Is it just me, or...I thought it was meant to look like a middle eastern city. The shapes of the buildings and all. :confused:

BeaverEater
11-12-2004, 07:06 PM
:cheers: :dance: :cheers: :bounce:

Magaman
11-12-2004, 07:47 PM
:cheers: :dance: :cheers: :bounce:

+1 With a Cherry on top...

TeamNausea
11-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Bulldog- I thought the same thing till i came to the conclusion that it was just a generic building pic.

Bulldog
11-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Bulldog- I thought the same thing till i came to the conclusion that it was just a generic building pic.
Ya...I guess. You just don't see domed architecture like that everywhere. Crowded mismatched buildings too.

TeamNausea
11-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Well i hope that they are just generic building pics. So thats how i force myself to see it :cool: