PDA

View Full Version : ACS bolts

FireITup14
11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I cut out the back of my spyder shutter so it could accept shorter bolts. I wanted to get an ACS bolt for it and i wondered if i could buy the imagine one. I hesitated from buying it however because from my knowledge the detents on the imagine are different then the one on my shutter. The stock bolt from my shutter has a little slot on the left side so the detent doesnt get chopped off. Does the ACS imagine bolt have that? Anyone know if it will work?

I am posting this here b/c no one answers my posts in tech, no one is ever tere.

RedWeenie
11-09-2004, 10:58 PM
It should...I believe the image has the same slot on it. BTW what was the point in cutting the shutter down to except shorter bolts, the ACS comes in different sizes...

FireITup14
11-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Its a shutter who cares? I dont want a bolt sticking out off the back of the gun when its cocked, and i dont like beaver tails...other then that i dont know

RAM3139
11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
The stock esprit/imagine bolt doesnt have a slot for the rubber detents that the older shutters/Xtras have. They have a small notch where the new style ball detent hits, but its not long enough to not hit a rubber detent. I would imagine that the ACS bolt for the imagine/esprit would be the same way. However, if you have access to a dremel, cutting a slot would be easy. Look in any timmy forum for directions if needed.