PDA

View Full Version : newbie question about RT valve

bojangles1983
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Ok, I've got a minimag phase 2 reg, level 10 kit but want to be able to fire faster. Is my best bet to go with a RT valve, and to reassure myself, is any RT valve a retro valve? is there a difference? I run nitro, so if i go with an RT valve will I be able to fire 20+ right after installation? do I need a ultralight trigger kit too? or is there another way that will allow me to reach 20+ other than hyperframe and ult trigger kit?? thanks! :)

Dayspring
11-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Non-Classic RT valve = ReTro Valve = RT Pro Valve = Xvalve = Emag valve

No, you won't be firing 20+bps. In stock configuration, it'll allow you to shoot faster than you do now, but not 20. That takes some modification, an adjustable output nitro tank and some patience.

Don't NEED the ultra light kit. Is it nice? Sure. It's a preference thing.

Ok, I've got a minimag phase 2 reg, level 10 kit but want to be able to fire faster. Is my best bet to go with a RT valve, and to reassure myself, is any RT valve a retro valve? is there a difference? I run nitro, so if i go with an RT valve will I be able to fire 20+ right after installation? do I need a ultralight trigger kit too? or is there another way that will allow me to reach 20+ other than hyperframe and ult trigger kit?? thanks! :)

Chronobreak
11-10-2004, 02:39 PM
20+ :rofl: i have yet to see ANGYONE on a non-ramping board stock config shoot over 20

youl be looking at around 15 TOPS with an rt valve

im not a ult fan

stick with the stock on/off for higher rof

CaliMagFan
11-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I've personally been on the business end of over 20 bps from Zman at AO norcal vs SoCal.... of course he never hit me.. but the bunker was a mess.... lol .. I think he's had his RT bouncing near the 30's in CPS range.

-kyro

Dayspring
11-10-2004, 03:20 PM
But it's not something that you can do once you slap the valve in. He has done some mods to make it do so.

Z-man
11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Well only input pressure mods. That X-Valve I had on the RT Pro I used to own was 100% stock from AGD. The Max-Flo was crancked up over 1Kpsi. But no, you are not going ot see that with a Crossfire preset and a revy (even if it's a WAS revy :D)

bojangles1983
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Is there anything I can do with my phase 2 valve that will allow me to get near 15 bps without shortstroking the trigger like a ult kit will? or do i have to go electro with the classic to do this?

Link44
11-10-2004, 08:23 PM
u can install trigger stops to stop the short stroking http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136646&highlight=bad+dog+trigger+stops
theres a really good walk thru on how to do it

bojangles1983
11-11-2004, 10:45 AM
thanks link, that looks like it will be very helpful since my trigger always has been pretty loose. should snug things up a bit. What else can you do to an RT valve that will get it up to the 26+ bps it advertises?? thanx. :bounce:

Dayspring
11-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Put 1500psi into the valve. That's it.

Enemy
11-12-2004, 01:15 AM
it will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger/ or sweetspot but you have to find the spot!! if you want 26 bps get a electronic frame and install massive ramping cheater board!!