PDA

View Full Version : some advice on cheap gun

scribe
11-10-2004, 02:50 PM
hey guys,

i felt like buying a cheap low end electro because i've never had an electro (i have a minimag now).

i was wondering if anybody had any hands on experience with a dragun tes or a syndicate misfit.

they're like 169-200 dollars.

that's better off than getting like a 130 dollar spyder imagine/rodeo/e99 right?

i also saw a system x vengeance type x on saksworld for 250 on sale right now.

if there are any other low end electros out there, please do tell me about them if you've used them. i'm just a casual rec baller.

paullus99
11-10-2004, 03:16 PM
For basics, you can get a pretty good Pirahna setup for under $200.00 - most places buy them by the bushel & give good deals. I won one & use it as a backup. Works really well for what it is.

peewee
11-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Its a hard call. The tes has eyes , but it seems that there more complaints about the tes overall by users. The 04 imagine seems to be a real contender in the low end electro. That & a jam bolt you might be set. I also know several people that have Icon Led's and really love them. Evidently its a E99 with standard threads on the screws rather than metric. Most of the parts for them are made by Kingman for 32°. Dont forget about the BKO. I have one & it is a nice marker.

scribe
11-10-2004, 03:27 PM
pbreview absolutely raves about the TES's.

i'm reading around and people are saying the syndicate misfit is better than the TES though.

i dont think i want an icon or a pirahna.

rkjunior303
11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
my buddy has a tes and loves it.... a Pirannha is also solid, too.

LeatherPants
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
The Piranna EVO isn't bad at all. The operating pressue is 200ish which surprised me. The feedneck is Impulse threaded so you can put a clamping norise on it and it has Eyes. Not bad at all. Something I would recommend as a cheap electro.

WingMan13
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I would stick with a Piranha or a Spyder.

scribe
11-10-2004, 04:41 PM
hey rkjunior, i'm from boston too.

go redsox baby!

SpecialBlend2786
11-11-2004, 03:07 AM
from what i've heard and seen, the misfits are pretty good. I'd look into gameface eRex's as well...

Spyder Imagine's are pretty cheap, and are great markers to boot. plus they look sweet, esp. in blackkk. i think paintballfirst.com has them in matte black :ninja:

The Prophet
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
that's better off than getting like a 130 dollar spyder imagine/rodeo/e99 right?

Nope, I've heard nothing but complaints from Dragon TES owners, I do however own a spyder for a long time now and they are the best for the price period. I would look into getting a spyder E99. I wouldn't buy the cheap ko's, that's just me however.

saml604
11-11-2004, 05:25 PM
piranhas are well made for blowbacks. I have had one and liked it alot.

urbansix
11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
I had a Piranha Eforce for a while and they are very well made and reliable, the high end of the low end. They only have a electric actuated trigger, still a mechanical sear tripper with an electric frame. Can't go wrong - good support. HOwever, for a "true" electro (i.e. selenoid ram, no sear) you might consider a BKO. Might find a used for a price similar to a new Piranha.
Just my $.02