PDA

View Full Version : Seemed like AGD day at CPX

Shaft
11-04-2001, 02:49 AM
I've read a lot here about Mags not having any foothold in various places.
It seems like it was AGD day at CPX. Jon was there to show off gear with. Many many Emags were being carried by players. A slew of RTs and even a Classic or two.

Warp feeds generate a lot of talk. I had plenty of oppurtunity to tell a rental toting player a thing or two about the warp, AGD and the Mag. Usually starts with, "hey, what's that?" If you run a Warp I'm sure you answer the question regularly too.
A couple of people attempted to give me a hard time by asking, "what do you think that thing is going to do for you?" They couldn't say too much when I reminded them of the large TARGET they have floating above their guns.

This park has a strong Mag crowd. The Emag is making it stronger. I thought I saw it all last weekend when I met the "Mag Family." Dad, the two sons and daughter were all carrying guns from the Mag family.

It was a great day today. I was proud to be running my all AGD gun for sure.

68 Powerfeed Automag
Imtelliframe groove
68 Flatline
Warp

Dubstar112
11-04-2001, 08:59 AM
heh, i have the same exact set up :)

but i just sold my inteliframe for a hyper frame... ;)

a_malfunction
11-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Yup.... you sure are right about getting asked, "what is that thing?" Man.... it gets old after a while! :)

Bartleby
11-05-2001, 08:00 AM
actually i have to say that every time i go to cpx, i see, at the most, maybe three other mags there. were you in the tourny this weekend? or just there for rec?

Shaft
11-05-2001, 08:44 AM
Rec ball. I saw no tourney there. Was there one?

skirts
11-05-2001, 09:03 AM
sunday was the last stop of the cpsa series

and the emag/rt shooting
(tommys home team) BUTTERSCOTCH yo
took third in am a, we had a lot of fun

thanks tom for the love

Shaft
11-05-2001, 10:15 AM
Ah. I was there on Saturday.
I wish I had known there was a tournament. They're a lot of fun to watch. Soon I hope to participate.

AGD
11-05-2001, 10:44 AM
Congrats to YO!!! Good job guys, you done us proud!

AGD

MINIRETROMARK
11-05-2001, 01:23 PM
HEY SHAFT I WAS THERE WHAT KIND OF MARKER WERE YOU USING.:)

Shaft
11-05-2001, 01:36 PM
Gray 68 Mag Powerfeed Left with a blue warp and blue covered flatline. I have the hose wrapped around the foregrip.
If you were there, I prolly talked to ya. I was talking to nearly anyone I saw with a Mag that day. I'm annoying like that.

MINIRETROMARK
11-05-2001, 01:47 PM
I HAVE A BLACK MINI MAG WITH A SILVER RAIL, WARPED FEED AND INTELI-FRAME. I WAS WITH JON, I MIGHT HAVE TALK TO YOU.

Shaft
11-05-2001, 02:14 PM
Yup. I was wearing the blue JT jersey and had all my stuff by the tree next to your table. Your setup is much good!
Jon is dangerous. Very dangerous. Tech tour is going to be expensive for me.

Zo
11-05-2001, 03:16 PM
did anyone by any chance see a team named Groundfire there?

skirts
11-05-2001, 03:48 PM
yeah groundfire was there
i didnt get to see them play much
but they have always been a good team
though they didnt make the finals like they
usually do
i think they had like 4 teams signed up
and two of them showed

Bartleby
11-05-2001, 04:20 PM
if anyone saw me on saturday i believe i was the only guy in the place with a purple jt spectra mask. i think i may have talked to you too shaft. were you the tall guy that got the warp just because you didn't wanna be any taller?

Shaft
11-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Bartleby
if anyone saw me on saturday i believe i was the only guy in the place with a purple jt spectra mask. i think i may have talked to you too shaft. were you the tall guy that got the warp just because you didn't wanna be any taller?

Yup. Dat was me. You were on my team at Jungle of Doom, weren't ya?
I guess you didn't recognize me from my sig pic. C'mon! It looks just like me!!!!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Vegeta
11-05-2001, 05:06 PM
I wish i was there but wasn't.. i would stand out.. i use a M98, not a mag :((

unseenunheard
11-05-2001, 07:29 PM
what do you mean? i have never had anyone even give it a second look.:D
man i almost got that out with a straight face but yeah it gets old pretty fast but i always try to answer questions honestly, i like how everyone that you talk to that ask about it say that they are thinking about getting one, or is this one just me.

MINIRETROMARK
11-05-2001, 10:43 PM
hey shaft we gotta set a day were we can all play:)

Bartleby
11-05-2001, 11:56 PM
i agree. we're gonna have to go pretty soon though if we want the good weather. but i'm game for cold games as well. it's all good. :D

damageinc54
11-06-2001, 12:40 AM
There were quite a few mags on the field Sunday at the tournament also. I was using my RT with my new intelliframe. It was the first chance I had to use it since buying the intelliframe. I was very happy with it :)

blnk162
11-07-2001, 04:37 PM
Skirts, are you dan skirts from backlach or whatever?

We got 9th at cpx on sunday wer barely missed the finals, one of our guys with his micromag was chopping so bad the ref called him on paint on his gun from chopping it was so terrible, oh well, bad calls happen