View Full Version : research question

wad04
11-11-2004, 03:03 PM
help me get a research question regarding paitnball

Hasty8
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
In regards to what?

How many people play?
How much money is spent on it year round?
Average daily costs of playing?
Injuries?
Viewers?

A little clarity goes a huge way.

It's amazing what a search engine will get you. (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=paintball+statistics&sourceid=mozilla-search)

wad04
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
i need a research question, regarding like people thinking it represents war blab bla bla, but i need to form it into a question.

lord1234
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Why does the public view the sport of paintball as a war game as opposed to just a sport and hobby for millions of enthusiasts worldwide?

wad04
11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
i love you :cheers:

Hasty8
11-11-2004, 03:21 PM
i need a research question, regarding like people thinking it represents war blab bla bla, but i need to form it into a question.

Ah, so you mean you need your thesis statement!

Much different.
Unfortunately paintball very much simulates war. But then again, so does chess for that matter.

Any thesis such as "Contrary to public opinion, paintball does not emulate war." is doomed to fail as it is inherrantly wrong.

A better statement might be "While paintball clearly emulates war it's benefits in teaching teamwork, creative thinking, risk assessment and problem analysis while providing a good physical workout make it a highly rewarding activity."

This is a thesis that acknoledges the inherrant liability of the sport but clearly shows just a few of the benefits and clearly gives you some ideas for at least 6 -8 decent sized paragraphs.

wad04
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
ey well i'm lookin at 6-8 pages... :ninja:

wad04
11-11-2004, 03:28 PM
do you guys know any non-biast sites where i could find info on paintball. again it can't be one sided.

lord1234
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
nothing in this world is one sided.

Hasty8
11-11-2004, 03:59 PM
nothing in this world is one sided.

I think he meant nothing in this world is one sided.

The National Injury Information Clearinghouse of the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in Washington D.C. is one place to get some info regarding, obviously, injury numbers.

You're going to have to just figure out what your thesis is then use Yahoo! to gather information.

If you are looking for psychological benefits of paintball then do a search for "psychological paintball benefits" and so on.

One thing you have to do is make sure that your sources are credible.

wad04
11-11-2004, 04:16 PM
okay, thanks again for all the help guys!

cphilip
11-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Any thesis such as "Contrary to public opinion, paintball does not emulate war." is doomed to fail as it is inherrantly wrong.

thats patently false.... What peoples perceptions have become has nothing to do with the actual truth. So its not inherently wrong at all. It was never more than a group of tree marking people deciding to use thier Tree marking equipment to play a game of tag. In which there was no side or team... it was each one against all. There was never any war simulation in that at all. So your statement is completely wrong as is your understanding of the roots of paintball

I don't dissgree that many people might have been lead to believe it now IS a mil sim sport... but thats not at all what you stated. And in most Cases "Non Scenario" play does not simulate war at all. And in fact some Simulation games do not even do it themselves.

So you can truely make exactly that statement and go out and try and prove it. So its not "inherently wrong" by any means at all. I just made the case for it not being Inherently wrong. And thats a historical fact.

wad04
11-11-2004, 04:48 PM
thank you!