PDA

View Full Version : Bolt and Barrel Problems!!!!!! Help!! hurry! AGD?

barretc
11-04-2001, 10:44 AM
ok..here is what happened....I shot my gun without the barrel on and it worked fine...then when I put the barrel on, I shot the gun, and the bolt gets stuck in the barrel and slowly slides out (real slow!) I have a Dye Stanless barrel. It has always worked fine till yesterday Can anyone exsplain this problem to me. Or/And any solutions?? I just dont understand why it just up and decide to do this!
I need my gun to work for friday bc I have a tournie..

PLease anyone??
thanks Barret

Tunaman
11-04-2001, 10:46 AM
Is the nubbin bent over into the barrel?

barretc
11-04-2001, 12:09 PM
Nope..the nubbin is just fine....and get this crud!> I just put my barrel on and it works fine...I`m so confused..AHH!
I`l keep this updated if something happens again.

AGD
11-05-2001, 06:21 PM
My powers of long range telepathy are improving......

AGD

Miscue
11-05-2001, 06:26 PM
Wow, that's a pretty neat trick. If you guys teach that at the tech conference, I'll do whatever I can to be there!

freakyt
11-05-2001, 08:10 PM
Wow, I've noticed a few nics in my Dye Alum., but I've never had my bolt hang up like that.

What kind of shape is your bolt spring in?

Make sure you get the body on right and the field strip screw in there right (not too tight, not too loose). Play with it, I guess. That's what it had to be, a mis-alignment of some kind.

Good ol' Tom Kaye (sp?) gives you the first one free, but then it gets mightly costly. Telepaths are in short supply these days.

Daniel Morse
11-06-2001, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by barretc
ok..here is what happened....I shot my gun without the barrel on and it worked fine...then when I put the barrel on, I shot the gun, and the bolt gets stuck in the barrel and slowly slides out (real slow!) I have a Dye Stanless barrel. It has always worked fine till yesterday Can anyone exsplain this problem to me. Or/And any solutions?? I just dont understand why it just up and decide to do this!
I need my gun to work for friday bc I have a tournie..

PLease anyone??
thanks Barret

Proof (now what):o

Bad Dave
11-07-2001, 03:18 AM
Get a grip

markhauguel
11-07-2001, 08:51 AM
I believe freakyt is right. I had this problem and I found out if I didn't tighten the rear frame screw quite so tight it didn't stick anymore. It would stick in every barrel that I have. With it loosened up a very little bit everything worked fine and has never gotten any worse. It appears to be that my frame is not EXACTLY flat on top and it flexes the body and valve out of alignment. I hope that this helps. I also put a rubber washer under the screw so that I don't tighten it up too much again. Good luck.

Oh and Rob don't use the fix by mind power unless you figure out a way to mark out the stars also.

Drizit
11-07-2001, 09:41 AM
also perhaps a few drops of oil on the outside of the bolt and power tube wouldn't do any harm.

hay Tom can you teach me that trick? I'll do everything I can to fix peoples mags if you do.... really..... ;)