PDA

View Full Version : RT/Retro/X-valve tourney pics???

than205
11-11-2004, 08:58 PM
I've been having this discussion with someone that if properly set up there should be no reason for an RT not to be tourney legal.
I know alot of people not familiar with situation come to AO and ask the same question over and over. "Is it legal?"

I think we need documented proof. We need a collection of pics of people using RT's.
So post your pics (or ones that you find) here. If it's not your's personally, please attach the link. This way if you get the pic from say WARPIG or some place else we can show what event it took place at.

This way if you ever get into the same discussion, you can come here.

Thanks!

master_alexander
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
i don't have a pic but i used mine in a tournament, the common misconsception is that tippmann makes an rt, response triger, so 1 pull 2 shots one on pull one on release.
now an automag rt retro valve is supposed to have more bounce and is able to cycle faster than a classic, not one pull 2 shots.

edit * tha 205 no offense taken

than205
11-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Umm, thanks. No offense, that's not how the Tippman works. But it's all good..

Good to know you got into the tourney. Whose rules were they judging by? (PSP, NPPL,...)

Let's keep this on track. Let's get these pics going... Please?

lbonettosd
11-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I played with my warped X-valved minimag in a tourney this summer at velocity paintball in (San Diego). Follow the link to the pic.

http://www.velocitypaintball.com/htm_files/sss_Sep04_photos/148_4839mtp.jpg

magmanl337
11-12-2004, 01:29 AM
I played with my warped X-valved minimag in a tourney this summer at velocity paintball in (San Diego). Follow the link to the pic.

http://www.velocitypaintball.com/htm_files/sss_Sep04_photos/148_4839mtp.jpg

Dude i ref at velocity now! :clap:

Edit: Why didnt u grab the flag? its right behind u! Hehehehehe

Night$tryker
11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
ya i ref at hillcrest paintball in kennan wisconsin and i just love refing and being around paintball all day on the weekends. :dance:

then i also like to get in on some friendly ref play at the end of the day and woop up on some guys :shooting: almost all of the refs at hillcrest own mags :headbang:

Creative Mayhem
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
If you notice the picture of me at the top of the page, you will see that I am shooting an Xmag. However, what you don't know is that i mwas playing in manual mode at the time, and a t IAO this past July, I played in manual as well. Did quite well both times. RT/X valves are great, when setup properly, they can be dangerous to any opposition.

rkjunior303
11-12-2004, 09:53 AM
why manual?

Creative Mayhem
11-12-2004, 10:05 AM
why manual?

Sometimes, a person that works nightshift forgets to do thing, things that can affect the performance of a battery operated marker ;) Hence my reason for buying an xmag ;) MAnual mode is great. :p

than205
11-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Keep it coming!

I know I'm breaking my rule about it being only non-electro, but who's this guy?
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/psp/2004/cup/gallery/10man/IMG8111_jpg.shtml

I've been through most of this years world cup pics from Warpig. I'll finish it tonight and move on to others. Could someone check out Force of Natures latest tourney picks? I know Butterscotch Yo is on there....
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?