PDA

View Full Version : question about Oiling the reg

dagt22
11-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Besides my micromag I have two spyders. I was told that everytime before you play you shoud put about 5 drops of oil where the co2 tank is screwed in and the fire 20 shots without the barrel. On my stock spyder shutter reg it says "Do Not Oil". The reg on my other spyder is an ergo regulator. Is is safe for the regs if I oil the guns like this?

TheTramp
11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Any "Mag-like" reg (Air America's regs for example) like oil. There are a lot of reg out there now that like grease like one would use in a Timmy, Impulse, ect. Torpedo, Max-flo etc.

I'm sure your Spyder reg will be fine with oil. It's not very sensitive so you have a good amount of leway.

I don't know which type of reg that Ergo would fall under.

One of the main reason you don't use oil in high end electros is that the noid dosen't like it. If you oil your inline reg it's going to keep going on through the noid. You wont have this problem with your spyders so oil is probably fine no matter what reg you've got on there.

lew
11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
You'll want to oil the Ergo reg. When you take it apart, apply some grease to it. That and oiling before each use will keep it running smoothly.

dagt22
11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
what part of the reg do i grease? I have never taken it apart before.

FallNAngel
11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
One of the main reason you don't use oil in high end electros is that the noid dosen't like it.

It's more likely the gun just wasn't designed for it, otherwise you wouldn't oil E-Cockers or Angels.

slade
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
i would not recomend oiling the reg. when i had my piranha, the manual told me to oil it like that. but then the first time i did, the PE reg blew. and customer service wouldnt replace it :mad: .

TheTramp
11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
It's more likely the gun just wasn't designed for it, otherwise you wouldn't oil E-Cockers or Angels.

I thought there was special lube for angels. Is it an oil not a grease?