PDA

View Full Version : Q-Loaders??

mag88888
11-12-2004, 04:58 PM
i have an rt ule custom. i was a looking for a new feeder that wasnt mechaniical, i just dont like electrics, and i heard about the q-loader. supposably it can feed up about 30 bps and up. can anyone back that up or give me info on it if they own it or have used it. thanks.

warbeak2099
11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Yea I use one on my RT Custom. I can't go back to regular loaders. I tried a Reloader for a game and it was wierd. Basically the Qloader does everything it's supposed to. Feeds fast, low profile, light weight, no batteries, force feeds consistantly at any angle, manueverable, and has versatile mounting options. It's also got the best customer service I've ever experienced with a paintball company. Free shipping, free replacement parts, and all around great guys over the phone.
Here are the cons. Loading the pods is a pain. You get use to it though. It doesn't really phase me anymore but people look at me wierd and comment on the fact that I look retarded cranking the stupid thing. However, they shut up when we get on the field and they can't seem to get a hopper hit on me. I'm small too so I've got that working in my favor lol. But i digress. The other con is the low ball capacity. Each Qpod only holds 100rds. However, they reload really fast, just a twist and click, no spilled balls like with normal pods. The capacity is also fine for a frontman. I play tape and snake and usually walk off the field with paint still in my Qpod. If you're a backman though, just go with a Reloader B or HALO B.
That's my $0.02
Good luck with your purchase decision. Remember to try stuff out before you buy it. I just gave the Qloader a glowing review, but you may hate it. Try a couple different loaders along with the Q, that way you won't end up buying something you hate on the words of some boob on the internet.

Pete

Dayspring
11-12-2004, 05:10 PM
It WILL feed that fast. We used it on our prototype cocker and we emptied it in 3.5 seconds.

Couple of issues-

the pods are only 100 rnds each (although I hear they are coming out with bigger ones)
there is no pressure on the ball stack once the pods is removed (meaning you have what ball you have in the breech and that's IT)
Manual loading SUCKS. lousy system.
Expensive. I'd rather have a pod that's $3.50-$5.00 and not worry about them. The Qloader pods are expensive.

Pluses-
Can feed in ANY position.

mag88888
11-12-2004, 08:24 PM
both of you say that its hard to load the balls manually. how long does it take to do that. and if you carry extra pods in a belt can you just snap it on quickly? about how heavy are they filled with balls and is there any difficulties installing. am i gonna have to have a special adpater for my feedneck or something or does it just lock onto the top my stock feedneck?

Little_Ho
11-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi
was just looking a couple of weeks ago for the Q. I have 2Mags with Warpfeed setup. Kind of heavy. So i looked out for the Q. On their page is all the info you need and some movies. Talk a closer look on the Homepage.

http://www.qloader.com/index.html

They selling the 200Round Q-System for 80$ the 500Round Q-System for 130$.
The 200 with 2Pods the 500 with 5Pods.

Check it out

Little_Ho

shatter_storm
11-13-2004, 12:39 AM
I've spent almost $200 on my q-loader system and the only downside to it is having to explain the damn thing to every other person that sees it.

Once it's adjusted correctly (feedtube length and prewind #) then it is consistant, fast, easy to reload, and has a nice profile. The problem, naturally, is getting it adjusted. I had to walk out of quite a few games because I didn't have things quite right, so I'd cut balls in half or have the spring give out halfway through the pod, that sort of thing.

Mount points with the normal config are any round surface. With the custom mounting bracket you can stick it on your gripframe or off of any round surface at any angle.
The system comes with an elbow and hose, just like the warp, so it's fairly easy to set up.

I always get laughed at for having to preload the pods instead of just dump paint into pods/my hopper, but it works out alright for me. I think I'm going to mod the silo so it's agitated, however - shaking the thing to get paint to wind into the pods is a pain.

If I were you, though, I'd find someone with a q-loader and ask them if you can try it out. It's a completely different system and it takes some knowhow and getting used to.

LudavicoSoldier
11-13-2004, 01:59 AM
Heres a tip, use that agitated hopper you mothballed to fill you Q-Pods! It works like a charm! Get a Spyder plastic vertical feed elbow, link you hopper and Q, and go to town!

phelix
11-13-2004, 02:20 AM
the qloader is amazing. people can't seem to get a grip on it, but BPS is NOT the way to measure a qloader's performance - it's that unique. it can feed as fast as you want it, well over 30 bps - the limit is that when you start feeding faster than that, balls will simply break. i'd like to see a halo feed so fast it pops balls. however, i did trade mine away - because the pods are expensive, because you really don't need all that speed, and because it doesn't hold that many balls. if you want speed, a qloader is way overkill for any gun unless you're using a cheater board.

warbeak2099
11-13-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm definately going to get an agitated loader to load my pods lol. Probly one of those Extreme Rage 9v overdrives. 25 bucks new, how can you go wrong?

BeaverEater
11-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I really dont like the logistics of it since once your pod is empty you really cant shoot anymore. With my halo, i usually reload when there is like 40 balls left so i can continue to shoot still. I've only test shot a gun with one, never used it in a game, but i really dont like them.

sabrefanpc
11-14-2004, 05:52 PM
shot a qloader on a cocker and it was nice, aside from the cocker part ;)

anyways, i liked it cause it was batteryless and low profile. it also was mounted under the barrel which ballenced the tank pretty well. i dunno about you, but my fingers arent capable of firing 30+ bps :(

10-brink
11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
oh man, now I want one :D

Bossman
11-15-2004, 03:24 AM
I Shoot a classic RT with a Q-loader.
Used it at this years IAO's scenario game (Blue's Brother's) People could not stop asking about it!
Sure it takes time to load, and the low shot capacity isn't all that great, but I didn't get shot off the field once the whole weekend for a hopper hit! Also a bit of a hassle running out of paint and not being able to use some from a buddy right next to ya. (happened to me at some of the worst times)
My mag is actually custom built around the Q-loader system, my own forgrip, crazy chopped up SS mainbody converted to side-feed. Ill tell ya, sighting over the top of my mag makes a big difference in the way I can play.

If you do buy a Q, don't throw the pods in the dishwasher, even though they say in the manual that there "dishwasher safe" I warped mine the first time I cleaned them causing all kinds of feed problems.
I really like my Q, suits my playing style, makes me and my gun fast on the field, and you Can't beat there warranty and service dept. (best I have ever delt with) .......Now if I could just get that HAIR trigger!
Good luck

space_weazel_45
11-15-2004, 04:11 AM
i weighed it out a while back look for another q loader thread and you should find the weights, works like it says, not that bad to load maybe 30-40 seconds once practiced,
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/6000/Dscn12624899_rs.jpg

B@THEROCK
11-15-2004, 04:38 AM
space weazel!

Do you know if the warpfeed adapter(with a cutdown feedneckoldstyle like angel v6) will fit the qloader? that would really lower the profile even more instead of that funny looking bendid plastic thingy. It would look cleaner and not so home made :)

mag88888
11-15-2004, 10:59 AM
to space weazel, darn thats exactly how im trying to make my gun, with the intelli and q and drop, it looks nice. but also im sticking with the x valve that one looked like an e valve. but anyway i see that you have a custom foregrip, was that needed to attach the q loader to your gun. i still have the stock bracket with bike grip. will i be able to attach the q to it. i think i will be able to, it will just end up a little lower cause the grip is lower. i just want to make sure. it really stinks when youve been waiting for something in the mail and then it doent work on your gun. thanks space weazel.

10-brink
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
do you think a Ule warp feed body would work with a q-loader, it seems like it would

kevin398
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
How would it connect to the bottom of a classic powerfeed mag? Or would I have to hook it to the top with that elbow?

*edit

I guess my question is the same as B@THEROCK now that i look at it. I know the warpfeed can connect to the bottom of the powerfeed. So yeah, what he asked.

Scandalon
11-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I just got my emag up and running, now I'm looking at a fast hopper, thanks for reminding me about Qloader. Silly, as the company was started not too far from here. I've talked w/ the Qloader guys before (mostly Kirk), turns out now their office/shop has moved 20 minutes away from my house - I'll probably swing my tomorrow afternoon. Anyone have any non-basic questions you want me to ask?

What I'm asking you guys is, anyone found a good way to mount a Q on an Emag? The battery pack seems like it would prevent front mounting... Also, since I'm likely going to get a ULE body soon, should I consider a "warp" feed one for use w/ the Q...anyone have experience with this?

mag88888
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
is the q loader really worth 130 bucks or is it just a piece of crap that will brake. cause i dont want to spend 130 bucks and then decide that i wasnt to get a evolution or something.

Scandalon
11-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Whether it's worth the money is sorta the point of this thread, isn't it?!? I did just notice today that they have a lifetime warranty...

buttrunks101
11-18-2004, 11:41 PM
I heard from some players at a house team I play thta at world cup thye saw a q loader and thye said it broke kinda easily. Anyone prove this wrong or ture?

trains are bad
11-18-2004, 11:48 PM
is the q loader really worth 130 bucks or is it just a piece of crap that will brake. cause i dont want to spend 130 bucks and then decide that i wasnt to get a evolution or something.

The qloader is a well built loader that will not break on you. However the design has limitations you should be aware of, notably the 'only 100rds' thing, the 'can't shoot while reloading' thing, the 'can't borrow paint from teammates' thing, the 'can't carry nearly as much paint in the same amount of space and weight' thing.

just know what you're getting into. I used to run one and still would if I was a strictly front player.

10-brink
11-21-2004, 01:57 PM
IS THE Q LOADER WORTH THE MONEY???
I usually play front man, but not all the time. I want to minimize hits to my gun and to myself

Scandalon
11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
IS THE Q LOADER WORTH THE MONEY???

If you want someone else to think for you, then yes, I'll say it's worth the money. (I like the concept, and I like the people behind it, there's just a few little issues with the implementation...).

If you'd like to think for yourself, then look at the pros and cons, and weigh the costs and risk against the potential rewards, read up on what you can to minimize the risk, heck, call up the company and ask them questions, and make a choice.

Or flip a coin.

deadbox101
11-22-2004, 05:52 PM
If i got the RPG 15 * for my mag would i still be able to mount the Q-loader on the foregrip under the barrel or would i need the Special mounting system they sell?

deadbox101
11-23-2004, 04:50 PM
just wondering if anyone know the answer to my question it would be great help before i bought a q-loader and it didnt fit.

Scandalon
11-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Deadbox, I don't know what an RPG15 is, or your gun setup, but hopefully the following will help answer your question.

First off, I was impressed just with the fact that at least one of the guys knew I was planning to visit. Jason (their GM) and Jarred (the guy that invented the majority of the thing in the first place) both were friendly and were generous with their time. Jason answered all my questions and was quite eager to help me out, trying some quick mounting ideas with my gun. There were quite a few guns in the shop with Q's on them, I didn't ask but I assumed they had been sent in by other people to me mounted and setup. It appears that e-mags are a bit problematic if you want to mount under the barrel, due to the battery pack.

So...are they worth the money? Well, that obviously depends a lot on how much "extra" money you have. :) The Q loader, as it stands, seems to me to be a study in tradeoffs:

Pros:

Qloaders are *FAST*, faster than anything out there, and able to keep up with anything in the forseeable future, and likely beyond if what they were able to push it to holds up. I won't say the number he gave me, but it was fast enough that the force of transitioning the direction of the paint 90 degrees was enough to cause the paint to break.

Reduced gun profile, obviously, along with the potential for better ballance.

Design. Purely mechanical, no batteries to have run down and need replacing (and thus lighter), and conceptually a simple design. (Ever taken apart and reassembled a HaloB?)

Flexibility. Q's can be mounted just about anywhere to match your particlar play style, gunsetup and personal preference. Granted, many of the options don't make much sense, but if you really want to mount it perpendicular to the gun sticking out the left to use it as a handle/grip, you can.

Fallback. If something goes wrong and you're on deck, most setups you can pull the tube and slap a traditional hopper in.

The company. Seem to be good people that care about the product and customers. Lifetime warranty. They're constantly updating it and making changes.

Reload speed. Reload quickly, and save paint. No paint spilling on the ground while franticaly dumping a pod in. No loose lids causing extra paint offerings to the paintball gods.

Pod loading. Potential to lessen paint spills, and no longer do you have to shake your pods to settle them, and try and guess if that last ball that keeps it from rattling will put too much pressure and deform the rest... Handling the paint just once by dumping it in the big hopper/backpack thingy means you won't be touching it with your dirty, sweaty, paint-splattered hands while loading it from the bag later in the day.

Cons:

Takes some initial setup. Besides the initial mounting decisions, feed tube length and "prewind" (how much force to have pushing the stack) usually need some initial adjustment to prevent chops/breaks in the loader. If you *do* get a break in the loader/mount section, cleaning it can be bothersome. Note that both these issues are looking to be addressed...

Capacity. I'm not even quite sure to call this a con, as it's pretty inherhent in the design itself. The Q will never be "backman's" loader, but still, a Qpod holds less than most loaders.

Qpods. They're 80% of what makes the thing tick, but losing one (or forgeting one on the field that's in use while you're trying to setup for the next game can be pretty tough if you only have a couple) costs a lot more than a regular pod. They're also a tad bigger diameter than most pods, so many packs won't fit. (AI is selling a pack designed specifically for the Qpods, and it's based off the Topstitch M-pack design, which has gained some national attention. The length of the velcro loop material on the one I tried seemed to short so it didn't fasten all that securely.)

Loading the pods. Yes, I listed that in the "pros" section. However. Loading the pods as it stands is still my biggest concern. It needs an overhaul, IMO, and the company seems to have a bit of blind spot when it comes to this point. Now, I understand that it's their product, and they can do what they want, and that scrapping a whole design idea is costly in both time and money, but it *IS* helpful to listen to people they ask, esp. when it's something that crops up as an issue almost immediately. The hardshell sling/backpack is just goofy. Which would be okay if it worked, but it doesn't. As is, you need either someone else to help hold it, or try and balance it on a table and squat down to fill it (and continue to shake it so you don't get any gaps). Jason even knew of the bit in this movie (http://homepage.mac.com/mvetter/.Movies/QLoader_vs_Halo_full.mov) (about 2/3rds in) where Vetter and friends ended up using a Halo to load the pods! I think they had an idea that just doesn't work very well, but they keep trying to shoehorn the pod design to fit it, completely ignoring the whole character and advantages of the pod. (If AI or anyone else wants help in redesigning this, my licensing fees are quite reasonable. ;) When Kirk showed me a pre-production model, however long ago that was, the loading mechanism was turned with the equivilent of a screw lid w/ some fins on it for grip. I told him that was just a bad User Interface choice and needed a crank handle on it. He assured me it didn't and worked just fine. When I first got to see a production version, lo and behold, it had a crank. So perhaps there's hope.

Well, there it is, FWIW.

space_weazel_45
11-27-2004, 05:18 AM
ok i'm just gonna respond to a few things saw,
to me it was worth every penny just to have something that makes people say "WOW" and then i have to explain it, it works, i haven't had any problems.

the bendy elbow thing is required for the way i have it, i tried a ptp warp adaptor but because of the back pressure on the balls they had a tendency to bind so i stopped using it,
i would like a warp body at some point when i have the money. it would work the same.

the stock mount for the Q at least when i bought it is made for a round object so yes it would attach to your stock foregrip, but there's also a multi mounting kit i also want to get at some point and you can check that out on their web page.