PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve leak

Cain
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I just purchased a new X-valve and its leaking out the side of valve, across from the air inlet, the small hole. I spoke to AGD and they are saying that it's the regulator seat o-ring. I replaced it with four new o-rings and its :mad: leaking worse than ever. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Very disappointed, wish I would have stayed with my A.I.R. valve. :mad:

additional information: When I turn velocity adjuster a complete rotation the leak changes, so during the rotation there is a spot where the leak is less during each rotation.

Also, when I de-gas the marker the intensity of the leak increase dramatically until air is emptied out of valve.

Dayspring
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Are you sure you have all the orings in the valve? If you are, try lubing the reg pin orings.

Cain
11-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Dayspring thanks for the quick reply, I added some additional info to the main posting. I assume that the valve being new it came with correct o-rings, but maybe I should not assume. I have studied the RT valve exploded parts diagram and think I have the correct parts.

TheShark
11-13-2004, 06:37 PM
I have the same problem. Leaking out of the small hole in the valve. Brand new, I have played with it twice. When I hold down the trigger, the leaking stops completely. Let go, and it resumes.

alooney11
11-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Its no big deal.. unscrew the xvalve, look at the part with out the x on it. There is a regulator pin there, pull that hole assembly out(comes out as one piece, will not fall apart) oil that clean that, clean out/oil the hole it came out of, voila. You will need a pick to pull the regpin out. Happened to me to if a piece of any thing gets in it messes with the seals, tell me if this worked.

TheShark
11-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Did not work :confused:

Cain
11-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Its no big deal.. unscrew the xvalve, look at the part with out the x on it. There is a regulator pin there, pull that hole assembly out(comes out as one piece, will not fall apart) oil that clean that, clean out/oil the hole it came out of, voila. You will need a pick to pull the regpin out. Happened to me to if a piece of any thing gets in it messes with the seals, tell me if this worked.

Alooney, thanks much for the reply, I've tried everything. Even took it over to my local paintball store and had a airsmith look at it. Just really disappointed.

onakone
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Just curious, what kind of tank are you running (preset, adjustable) and do you know its output pressure? And you tried replacing the piston oring right? (you said you tried everything) Also, the leak occurs both with the velocity adjuster all the way in, and all the way out? It does sound like the reg seat oring, but there could be some other reason it isn't sealing (bent pin, scratch where the seat contacts the metal). Examine everything thoroughly.

alooney11
11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear that it didnt work, it happened to me right after i bought my rt pro, i called in they said do that...it worked. Good luck though tell me what was wrong when you find out.

Cain
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Just curious, what kind of tank are you running (preset, adjustable) and do you know its output pressure? And you tried replacing the piston oring right? (you said you tried everything) Also, the leak occurs both with the velocity adjuster all the way in, and all the way out? It does sound like the reg seat oring, but there could be some other reason it isn't sealing (bent pin, scratch where the seat contacts the metal). Examine everything thoroughly.

Crossfire 4500 preset and I am not sure the pressure. Piston O-ring has been replaced with 4 different and new rings. I will end up sending it back to AGD.

Dayspring
11-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Crossfire-

Blue reg- 450psi
Red Reg- 800psi

Cain
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Crossfire-

Blue reg- 450psi
Red Reg- 800psi

Red reg! Does the X-valve require less pressure than the A.I.R. valve? :D

Carbon Blue
11-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Red reg! Does the X-valve require less pressure than the A.I.R. valve? :D

x valve needs atleast 800 psi. It could be your regulator piston assembly .

TheShark
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Parts kit is on the way.. sure hope its an o-ring, brand new x-valve though. :(