PDA

View Full Version : crossfie HPA tank issue

Xenocide
11-12-2004, 06:46 PM
so I was filling my crossfire hpa tank from the happy scuba whore tank borrowed from hexis, and after I was done filling it, I disconnected it and now it's leaking out the fill nipple :(

it's a slow leak but it feels like it's at bottle preasure. I have no idea how to fix this, but until i do, I think I am out an hpa tank :mad:

I thought it might just be a peice of fsl's hampster bedding caught in the nipple's one way valve, so I fired up the scuba again, but it failed to change the sutuation. the leak is super slow, about 200 psi off the guage in 10 minutes, although the tank is only at 1000 psi

White_Noise
11-12-2004, 09:17 PM
degas the tank, take the fill nipple off, check the oring, if its worn, replace it, if not, just clean the whole assembly, oil and put back together, this should do the trick.

Xenocide
11-13-2004, 04:45 AM
so i pulled off the fill nipple, and the o ring on the little slug inside the nipple shaft (gettin dirty hehe) had a big ol chunk scratched off. I looked inside and at the bottom of the little hole it fits into in the reg body, there was a "flap" of ano'd aluminum sticking out, just right to hurt the o-ring. I used an awl to knock it off, sadly I think it fell into the reg.

2 questions.
1. where can i find a replacement for the o-ring?
2. how bad is it for the reg/gun that the tiny sliver of metal might be bangin around in there?