PDA

View Full Version : new WDP gun

Flow_Tech
11-13-2004, 03:51 PM
WDP has a new marker under development called the G7 in prototype form. The decision to show the new marker was made today (11/12/04) at around 10AM. The new marker is slated for release in early 2005.

The G7 will differ from the current generation A4's and Flies in the placement of the solenoid, which will go from the top back of the marker to a side mounting scheme, allowing the body to be milled more. It'll also utilize the current generation '05 Speed trigger frame, rubber panels on the front of the minireg and front of the grip frame, and the battery will be a smaller unit than the current one in use. Rather than using a pull knob to open the roto-breech, a lever will be used instead.

It will also have a lighter hammer and a completely new valve system

The software used in this marker will be significantly faster than even the pro-Only 3.7 (current Flys use AF 3.5) due to improvements in the eyes and the programming that controls them. The eyes use a visible laser break beam system rather than the previous IR beam. This eye will be retrofittable to previous eye versions.

Eyewitnesses say the marker is so tiny that it resembles a large handgun. More information and pictures as they become available.
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/230/g73.jpg
http://img106.exs.cx/img106/1097/g7right.jpg

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Steelrat and I were talking about it last night, it's sad that people don't open their frigging eyes and realize that WDP releases the same model with one more "upgrade" every month or so. But they will probably make a killing on that.

teufelhunden
11-13-2004, 03:55 PM
If it goes as nice as it looks and is available with a .45 here's a prospective customer.

Flow_Tech
11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
yea,it basically looks like a milled down 05 speed,with laser eyes..

tru_flip56
11-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Geez....I love WDP to death....but they come out with so much products that now i think my A4 fly is old......but i dont know about this new marker....of course its gonna shot great but the look doesnt appeal to me....

RogueFactoryKid
11-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Looks a lot like a freestyle to me, with FSP type milling around the ASA.

slade
11-13-2004, 04:35 PM
sure looks nice!! but yeah i have to agree with lpb that WDP does release way too many markers with only slight changes (sort of like intimidators). i guess thats how you make the most money, by selling whole new guns with slight changes and different milling instead of upgrades...

FallNAngel
11-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh wow, hey look.... another Angel is released... I never saw this coming :tard:

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 04:53 PM
yea,it basically looks like a milled down 05 speed,with laser eyes..

They list it as "lazer" eyes. Its just another marketing ploy, same as the "so powerful you can see them, and thereby violate the laws of physics" IR break beams. Goodness know what it REALLY is. The funny thing is that they did it in response to issues they were having with the angel eyes not shooting due to sunlight. Why does my viking never have those issues with it's IR eyes?

I have often thought about trying a wdp gun, but this crud just re-confirms why I stay away from them. Maybe WDP should try consolidating advances into new releases every 8-12 months in stead of junking their old product line everytime they come up with some new nifty idea.

xXHavokXx
11-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I'll say it again. This gun will get you laid.

Mosfet
11-13-2004, 04:56 PM
look how much aluminium there is around the breech! You'd think they'd work on milling that down a bit more.

Making the back smaller but keeping the front like that gives it sort of a hunchback appearance.

OmniM
11-13-2004, 04:59 PM
I just wonder why you keep saying that the markers is "guns" ....

Jackel411
11-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Mosfet please!!! They left that much aluminum there so they can make a " fly " version of it 2 months after this one flops.. just like the Ir3 and the a4 :)

Won Hunglo
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Not a prototype but a finshed product. :shooting:

There are significant improvents over the A4 fly on this gun.

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I just wonder why you keep saying that the markers is "guns" ....

gun ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gn)
n.
A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
A cannon with a long barrel and a relatively low angle of fire.
A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.
A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.
A discharge of a firearm or cannon as a signal or salute.

Gun is not a bad word.

B.A.M.
11-13-2004, 05:24 PM
i dont really like how it looks and your right pretty much all angles look the same

HoppysMag
11-13-2004, 05:33 PM
now that changes the world of paintball. :rolleyes: ( an you all rank on kingman for doing this)

slade
11-13-2004, 05:34 PM
n.
A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.

Gun is not a bad word.
paintball markers dont fire at high velocities (relatively speaking) and certainly dont have a flat trajectory. and although gun is not a "bad" word, i for one would like to avoid the militaristic image of paintball.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 06:01 PM
(sort of like intimidators)

Not like intimidators. Timmy's come out just with different milling, and are all around the same price. Theer sin't any value of an A Bomb over a Russian Legion, just whatever you think looks nicer. WDP releases tons of them that have little differences (mainly cosmetic, like Timmys) but they release them for tons more.

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 06:03 PM
paintball markers dont fire at high velocities (relatively speaking) and certainly dont have a flat trajectory. and although gun is not a "bad" word, i for one would like to avoid the militaristic image of paintball.

Too late.

Ov3rmind
11-13-2004, 06:09 PM
WDP makes great products, I'm sure it'll be an excellent gun. By the end of 2005, imagine how low the resale of LCDs will be, jeeeeeeeeez.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 06:10 PM
ACEd LCDs will be really cheap, and un-aced ones will be cheap enough to get ACE and still not spend lots :clap:

slade
11-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Too late.
true, but id still like to avoid enforcing it and reduce it if possible.

68magOwner
11-13-2004, 07:07 PM
and people wonder why angel resale is bad?

Ov3rmind
11-13-2004, 08:07 PM
and people wonder why angel resale is bad?
I don't think anybody wonders, everyone knows why.

OmniM
11-13-2004, 08:12 PM
n.

Gun is not a bad word.
¨
Is a paintballmarker stated as a firearm or cannon??

FSU_Paintball
11-13-2004, 08:15 PM
To everyone whining about how WDP releases new guns "SOOO often":

They've got 2 lines of guns, midrange (speed) and high-end (G7).

They release a new version of these guns about once a year.

Midrange: The original speed stuck around for nearly 2 years. Then they released the 05 Speed.

High-end: IR3 was around for a year. A4 was around for a year (people *****ed about the eye thing, so they also released a version with eyes). Now the G7 is coming.

Seems perfectly normal to me. MANY manufacturers release new versions of their guns every year. In fact, look at Dye... they're doing the exact same thing with the Matrix.

Look at Empire. 2k2 Timmies, then the Alias/Empire/etc, now the new Lasoya.

Look at Smart Parts. Released the shocker, then the Nerve a year later.

Look at freaking Kingman.... now THERE's a company who releases a lot of guns.

WDP is NOT doing anything unusual. I don't see what everyone is *****ing about.

OmniM
11-13-2004, 08:20 PM

Midrange: The original speed stuck around for nearly 2 years. Then they released the 05 Speed.

High-end: IR3 was around for a year. A4 was around for a year (people *****ed about the eye thing, so they also released a version with eyes). Now the G7 is coming.

Seems perfectly normal to me. MANY manufacturers release new versions of their guns every year. In fact, look at Dye... they're doing the exact same thing with the Matrix.

AMEN! ... the only ones that NOT release new ones is AGD---

AGDlover
11-13-2004, 09:01 PM
i can see next years modle "POCKET SIZE A6'S"

ojhspyro89
11-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Well if people werent so much of gun whores they wouldnt have to wory about resale. I meen how much better can a gun get over the years? Id be satisfied with a 2k3 Angel LCD as far as im concerned.

Mosfet
11-13-2004, 09:42 PM
¨

is a grease gun a firearm or cannon? no, but its in there isn't it?

Or should we be using "grease markers" on our machinery?

:P

I for one, would like to see WDP make a whole new design for a marker. keep the Angel around, but start venturing into wholey new designs.

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 11:00 PM
¨

Dude, Im sure your english is a million times better than my sweedish. That being said, the definition stated A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed. A paintball marker projects a paintball down a barrel, just as a firearm projects a bullet down a barrel. Therefore, it resembles one. It projects a paintball under pressure, and at great speed. According to that definition, a paintball marker could reasonably be labeled a "gun."

On a side note, maybe calling them "guns" forces everyone to treat them with more respect then they would if everyone called them "markers."

matt-o
11-13-2004, 11:11 PM
look how much aluminium there is around the breech! You'd think they'd work on milling that down a bit more.

Making the back smaller but keeping the front like that gives it sort of a hunchback appearance.
well thats a prototype, not a production model so it might be milled down a little, but maybe not.
wheres the noid now? the grip frame?
i like how that thing looks and might consider buying one should i want a new gun and have the cash, but only if they mill all the extra metal off the thing.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-13-2004, 11:15 PM
I saw that gun today at Commander's Cup...big deal...it's another angel...let me take a moment to see how much i care...oops...i took too long..

Steelrat
11-13-2004, 11:20 PM
well thats a prototype, not a production model so it might be milled down a little, but maybe not.
wheres the noid now? the grip frame?
i like how that thing looks and might consider buying one should i want a new gun and have the cash, but only if they mill all the extra metal off the thing.

They turned the 'noid sideways.

chaos lichen
11-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Next year they will finally just put the 'noid and battery in the grip and just make the Angel a stacked tubed marker like the timmi, but with a slightly different ram. Then it will be really tiny. :dance: Companies like WDP, Kingman, Bob Long, PMI, and WGP have found what they do well and just did it a little better every year, and made buying older markers a little cheaper for the rest of us.

Bolter
11-14-2004, 08:02 AM
my money is on the ego to be the next big thing in 05.

SoTexBalla806
11-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Well if people werent so much of gun whores they wouldnt have to wory about resale. I meen how much better can a gun get over the years? Id be satisfied with a 2k3 Angel LCD as far as im concerned.

ok, you shoot a stock BKO, go shoot a friends Alias, or DM4, then when you hear that a new gun is FASTER, or the eyes actually WORK (Angel Eyes vs. Sensi) then you'd be even MORE impressed

Ghetto
11-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Personally I don't care for the way it looks. I know its just a prototype but the milling is weak sauce.

HoppysMag
11-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Personally I don't care for the way it looks. I know its just a prototype but the milling is weak sauce.
oh **** son, he called weak sauce!

DiRTyBuNNy
11-14-2004, 08:52 PM
the eyes are pretty cool in person..they glow bright red...and I got to hold it...touch it...I even had Marcus the Carcus giving me the run down on all the guns features...that and letting me play with his 05 Speed...

MonsterMag
11-14-2004, 08:54 PM
dont like it , looks like a milled shocker :rolleyes:

SCpoloRicker
11-14-2004, 09:02 PM

Even better with Pred board and dual break-beams...

:ninja:

/thanks Rob

NukeGoose
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
FSU: You have a good point, but NPS doesn't say that every time a new timmy comes out, all previous ones suck. WDP basically does that: they talk about how much better the new models are than the old, rather than just talking about how good the new models are - which is a bit rediculous, since they're still producing and trying to sell the slightly older models. How many people will hold off buying that '05 Speed now because they know that resale is going to go sliding down after the G7 is released, and instead go with some other type of gun?
NPS, on the other hand, releases a slew of markers at once that are all similar in specifications - for example, all the 2k4 body intimidators (Alias, ND, Dark, A-Bomb, RL, etc) are pretty much identical, with the only notable difference being milling. You could say that there are three tiers of Intimidators (Classic, 2k2, and 2k4), whereas each Angel is slightly better than its predecessor.

-=Squid=-
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I'd try it if they ditched that stupid opto board.

Mango for pres. 08'

- Goro

Leader of Men
11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow, I like the look of that gun... Wonder how well that gun will preform on the field...

firebanex
11-15-2004, 01:42 AM
yeah that means LCDs will be very very cheap. meaning i can actualy afford one. :clap:

No sKiLLz
11-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Shoot an 04 Speed and then an 05 right afterwards. The difference is phenomenal. It's too bad WDP is gay, and their sales reps know it.

Carbon
11-15-2004, 03:48 AM
On a side note, maybe calling them "guns" forces everyone to treat them with more respect then they would if everyone called them "markers." word. in which case im gonna start calling them "eyeball exploders" :D

SSMercury
11-15-2004, 01:07 PM

Well, "high" is a relative term. I call 190 miles per hour "high" though. And you can't have a flat trajectory of something that is not traveling straight towards or awway from the center of mass of the earth, because gravity pulls it down, whether it moves at a human's walking speed, or the speed of light, making it curved.

As for terminology, I personally think it all depends on when people started playing. Way back when I first started playing, the term "paintmarker" was not a synonym for "paintgun". Believe me, after taking a 3 year break, I was quite confused when I heard people saying soandso marker this and soandso marker that. It took me a couple months to realize they were speaking of paintguns. Of course, I probably could ASKED, but that's too much trouble, :D

And, for the record, if "gun" is making you uncomfortable, then there has to be something associated with it, that makes it a "bad" word.

I think I'll stop there.

SSMercury
11-15-2004, 01:18 PM
On a side note, maybe calling them "guns" forces everyone to treat them with more respect then they would if everyone called them "markers."

And my mother disliked it whenever I pointed a paintgun at one of our cats, despite my telling her that it literally CAN'T shoot when an air source is not attached. (spyder at the time, there is no sealed volume within the gun with no tank attached capable of holding a pressure greater than standard atmospheric).

So, there is good and bad points to calling them guns.

Which leads me to my next point. The way I have been referring to things over the last 11 years is:

firearm-chemical reaction based propellant projectiles, usually metal. Various divisions, but irrelevant to this discussion. Usually restricted.
airgun-uses compressed gases, of which air is one. Less restricted.
paintgun-subgroup of airguns. I'm not aware of any laws against owning them, they're pretty safe, unlike pellet guns, another group. (Yes, pellet guns are not likely to kill someone, but they're not as safe as paintguns).

"paintmarker" does not enter into this. I do not recall ever, ever hearing "ref, I marked him", it's "ref, I shot him".

I am not exactly in favor of militarism in paintball, but neither am I much in favor of making it all nice and politically correct. There's plenty more in the world that needs some good PC'ness, and paintball isn't one of them.

FSU_Paintball
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
FSU: You have a good point, but NPS doesn't say that every time a new timmy comes out, all previous ones suck. WDP basically does that: they talk about how much better the new models are than the old, rather than just talking about how good the new models are - which is a bit rediculous, since they're still producing and trying to sell the slightly older models. How many people will hold off buying that '05 Speed now because they know that resale is going to go sliding down after the G7 is released, and instead go with some other type of gun?
NPS, on the other hand, releases a slew of markers at once that are all similar in specifications - for example, all the 2k4 body intimidators (Alias, ND, Dark, A-Bomb, RL, etc) are pretty much identical, with the only notable difference being milling. You could say that there are three tiers of Intimidators (Classic, 2k2, and 2k4), whereas each Angel is slightly better than its predecessor.

You also have a point, but I disagree with some of it.

WDP has the most ridiculous hype machine in the business, and everyone knows it. When I see them crowing about their newest marker, it appears to me that they're overhyping the advances more than they're dissing their older models. Everyone knows the slightly outdated angels are *nearly* as good as the newer ones.

Also, 05 Speed prices won't go down... like I said, they've got 2 lines of markers, midrange and high-end... the Speed is their midrange, and will stay at $995, while the G7 will cost about $1400. I don't think that'll cause Speed resale to fall... but it will cause A4 prices to tank. Which is expected. The A4 is last year's marker; the Speed is this year's'.

SlartyBartFast
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
And my mother disliked it whenever I pointed a paintgun at one of our cats, despite my telling her that it literally CAN'T shoot when an air source is not attached. (spyder at the time, there is no sealed volume within the gun with no tank attached capable of holding a pressure greater than standard atmospheric).

So, there is good and bad points to calling them guns.

Simple safety precaution: Never point at anything you don't intend to shoot.

With the logic that a paintgun/airgun can't shoot without an air source, one day you'll pick up a gun that keeps some residual pressure and shoot the cat thinking it's safe. Or, absent mindedly point and shoot with an airgun that has an airsource attached.

If you NEVER point a gun at non-targets, you'll NEVER have an "accident".

tru_flip56
11-15-2004, 06:11 PM
No sKiLLz Shoot an 04 Speed and then an 05 right afterwards. The difference is phenomenal. It's too bad WDP is gay, and their sales reps know it.

what?!?!?!? shuuuut up.....WDP is one of the top companies and you know it....they make amazing products...

gc82000
11-15-2004, 07:20 PM
I will take one to go.

Doorman
11-15-2004, 07:50 PM
According to WDP they will be using enhanced eye logic for the G7.
The software used in this marker will be significantly faster than even the pro-Only 3.7 (current Flys use AF 3.5) due to improvements in the eyes and the programming that controls them.

To me this sounds like some overzealous hype, but then again I don't understand the eye logic used. I understand the basics of the eye principle, both break beam and reflective. I also understand how the break beam can be faster than the reflective due to the way it works. But what I can't understand is how the programming that controls the eyes is supposed to improve the marker.

Either the ball is in the breech or it isn't. If it isn't in the breech then the only way to get it in there is with the loader. To me this means that the thing holding back the ROF of the marker is the ball loader speed and not the eye programming.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Thanks,

Rob

slade
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
doorman - welcome to AO! i think what they mean is that they code used to operate the eyes will run faster and get a reading of whether or not the ball is there faster, thereby allowing the marker to fire sooner.

Athius
11-15-2004, 08:39 PM

That is were AGD fails they rarely come out with something new. Hell they never have done a diferent gun just the same design.

slade
11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
That is were AGD fails they rarely come out with something new. Hell they never have done a diferent gun just the same design.
*ahem* more than half of the companies only have one basic design... its just that AGD doesnt have model years, or new markers with slight (or no) changes and different milling.

Athius
11-15-2004, 10:38 PM
*ahem* more than half of the companies only have one basic design... its just that AGD doesnt have model years, or new markers with slight (or no) changes and different milling.

Yes i know but people love to see new stuff even if it is the same thing. That is the business of every product of the world for example cars most of the times they sell you the same car but with a different body kit.

No sKiLLz
11-16-2004, 01:49 AM
No sKiLLz Shoot an 04 Speed and then an 05 right afterwards. The difference is phenomenal. It's too bad WDP is gay, and their sales reps know it.

what?!?!?!? shuuuut up.....WDP is one of the top companies and you know it....they make amazing products...
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but telling others to shut up because they don't agree shows how little you believe in what you say.

If you weren't such a tool you would realize WDP is screwing everybody. Their sales reps got a flood of phone calls after 2pm last Thursday when the G7 was placed on the display counter at the WDP booth as dealers cancelled orders for the 05 Speed because the G7 is just around the corner. Just like the Fly killed the sales and resale values of the A4.

Lethargic
11-16-2004, 02:41 AM
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but telling others to shut up because they don't agree shows how little you believe in what you say.

And what is that?!? Why, it must be YOUR opinion!! Astoundingly, you've managed to commit the exact same error that you are making fun of! Well done indeed! On a more serious note, who cares that it is his opinion? That doesn't make it any more invalid than yours... Seriously man. I doubt the guy you ripped on for no reason was even being serious. IMO (note, here comes another opinion) he came off as kidding, not as a complete jerk off like yourself.

If you weren't such a tool you would realize WDP is screwing everybody. Their sales reps got a flood of phone calls after 2pm last Thursday when the G7 was placed on the display counter at the WDP booth as dealers cancelled orders for the 05 Speed because the G7 is just around the corner. Just like the Fly killed the sales and resale values of the A4.

Look Ma! I rustled me up some of that thur' heresay all 'dem edjicated folks is allus talkin' bout! Thats right. You're talking out of your wrong end again. You have no better knowledge of the inner workings of WDP than anyone else here, unless I am mistaken and some WDP executives are lurking around. If you don't like the company, don't buy their stuff. Its simple. Lying about things you don't understand is stupid, and just makes you look bad.

Just remember to think before you post, and maybe, just maybe you might not sound retarded next time.

Enemy
11-16-2004, 03:07 AM
i saw nothing wrong with no skills post remember we are onthe internet its hard to see a sarcastic remark with a smile ;)..

im kinda happy i liked the look of an a4 fly but when i saw the near 2000 dollar price tag my jaw dropped.. now maybe i can pick one up for under 1000 and that would make me very happy and very much a gun whore!! oh well.

Evil1
11-16-2004, 03:21 AM
I think that the new gun looks cool, but I'll stick with my ir3 with A4 board. I do like the new breech knob that is replaced with a recessed knob that is turned insteads of pulled. I broke probably at least 10 knobs on my old 99 led when I had it. I baby the knob on my ir3 so I don't break it. I think angels are well built guns and this one probably won't be an exception. I think the 05 speed is nicer than this one, but this isn't the final product. I think these pics are just a prototype. The final product may look much cooler than the pics shown.

No sKiLLz
11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
If he was just messing around than I apologize to him, but I don't think he was because that's what the scarcastic smiley is for. You, however, you are DEFINITELY a tool to think that was heresay. Even if I didn't talk to Owen and Mellissa from WDP on a regular basis, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's wrong with putting out a new gun every four months.

tru_flip56
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
in a way i was juss kidding...i didnt take it in any offense....but anyway I dont know why you hate WDP so much....I mean u gotta admit they make great markers...they operate juss like any company would do....their trying to make more money and thats what there suppose to do...thats why there in the business....

;)

SSMercury
11-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Simple safety precaution: Never point at anything you don't intend to shoot.

With the logic that a paintgun/airgun can't shoot without an air source, one day you'll pick up a gun that keeps some residual pressure and shoot the cat thinking it's safe. Or, absent mindedly point and shoot with an airgun that has an airsource attached.

If you NEVER point a gun at non-targets, you'll NEVER have an "accident".

A good point. I WOULD treat my paintguns as containing residual air pressure, if I didn't disassemble them and study the internal workings thoroughly to understand how they fire, so I know if they do or do not have the capability to have reasonable amounts of pressurized air within them when an air source is not present.

It is a moot point though on an unloaded paintgun, that has clearly been unloaded of paint and air, unless when I pull the trigger, by some miracle a paintball magically appears. The cat example was a spyder mainbody, with no paintballs present, no barrel, hopper, or CO2 tank present.

I am for safety, but...sometimes there is just TOO much safety. I DO put the safety on for storage though, so the gun is on safety when loading an airsource and/or paint after dragging it out.

For absent-mindedness, I'm 21, the day I absent-mindedly shoot an airgun with an airsource attached is the day I shall sell my paintguns. They may be toys, but yes, they can be lethal ones. But I worry more about my airsource and air lines FAR more than my paintguns' mechanical workings, in terms of safety.

Not trying to derail this thread, just defending my point.

SlartyBartFast
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I am for safety, but...sometimes there is just TOO much safety.
For absent-mindedness, I'm 21, the day I absent-mindedly shoot an airgun with an airsource attached is the day I shall sell my paintguns.

There is ABSOLUTELY no such thing as too much safety when talking about such easily adopted habits and precautions.

How many experienced gun owners shoot themselves while cleaning their gun?
Did you know that statistically the most likely to die on the job on the railroad are those with the MOST experience?

As soon as you become complaicent and start making assumptions (I always unload my marker/gun) is the moment you open yourself up to committing a mindless error.

Point a maker at me in the staging area and pull the trigger and I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks. Because if you're stupid enough to do it unloaded who's to say next time you won't "accidentally" do it loaded?

penguinpunk555
11-18-2004, 04:05 PM
That's hot.

SSMercury
11-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Point a maker at me in the staging area and pull the trigger and I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks. Because if you're stupid enough to do it unloaded who's to say next time you won't "accidentally" do it loaded?

Because I employ common sense and visually check my paintgun's breech and air to see if it physically has a paintball or something else in it, or it's capability to hold air, before I point it at anything higher up the evolutionary scale than a tree.

That, combined with mechanical safeties, those little powerfeed twist things, barrel plugs, etc. is why I would not mind pulling the trigger while it's pointed at you in the staging area. I will, however, hesitate to do this, first checking that it doesn't have any appreciable air pressure in the entire gun, and the above powerfeed thing is twisted into the closed position, and then I'd double check the air source and pressure in the lines. When dealing with air pressure in the hundreds to thousands of pounds per square inch, one cannot be too secure with that.

It might just be me, but you're "coming down on me like a ton of bricks". All I've said is that at the point where a paintball gun setup is dismantled to the point of inoperability of vital functions (paintball feeding and most importantly an air source), pointing it at a living creature and pulling the trigger isn't going to do anything, unless a lot of laws of physics are broken and multiple masses and differential pressures exist without a barrier separating flow.

Edit-As for firearms, which I don't own (an anomaly in Texas it seems :p), I would employ similar levels of caution regarding ammunition as I do with compressed air.

magmandylan
11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
This is a cool marker, but id rather have an xmag or a freestyle from ICD.

lawman1380
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
We complain that angel makes to many new markers. We complain agd does not make any. We just like to complain.

LittlePaintballBoy
11-19-2004, 02:48 PM
We like to complain... about crappy stuff. It isn't like we are complaining about how we are foced to breathe oxygen or nothing at all, we are complaining about how you suck at not sucking, how AGD hasn't released anything in the last, what, 3 years? And WDP just releases a "new" angel every 2 months for hundreds of dollars more.

xXHavokXx
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
But damn they are sexy machine guns.

lawman1380
11-19-2004, 03:16 PM
We like to complain... about crappy stuff. It isn't like we are complaining about how we are foced to breathe oxygen or nothing at all, we are complaining about how you suck at not sucking, how AGD hasn't released anything in the last, what, 3 years? And WDP just releases a "new" angel every 2 months for hundreds of dollars more.

And that's why I said we and not you. Because I'm right there with ya.

Kaiser Bob
11-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Because I employ common sense and visually check my paintgun's breech and air to see if it physically has a paintball or something else in it, or it's capability to hold air, before I point it at anything higher up the evolutionary scale than a tree.

That, combined with mechanical safeties, those little powerfeed twist things, barrel plugs, etc. is why I would not mind pulling the trigger while it's pointed at you in the staging area. I will, however, hesitate to do this, first checking that it doesn't have any appreciable air pressure in the entire gun, and the above powerfeed thing is twisted into the closed position, and then I'd double check the air source and pressure in the lines. When dealing with air pressure in the hundreds to thousands of pounds per square inch, one cannot be too secure with that.

It might just be me, but you're "coming down on me like a ton of bricks". All I've said is that at the point where a paintball gun setup is dismantled to the point of inoperability of vital functions (paintball feeding and most importantly an air source), pointing it at a living creature and pulling the trigger isn't going to do anything, unless a lot of laws of physics are broken and multiple masses and differential pressures exist without a barrier separating flow.

Edit-As for firearms, which I don't own (an anomaly in Texas it seems :p), I would employ similar levels of caution regarding ammunition as I do with compressed air.

But would you take an unloaded firearm and point it at someone and pull the trigger?

SSMercury
11-22-2004, 11:44 AM
But would you take an unloaded firearm and point it at someone and pull the trigger?

If I had visually inspected the clip, chamber, and anywhere else a bullet moves through before pulling the trigger, yes.

I think I know the next question, but I'll wait. ;)

Edit-And no, this isn't something I'd do every day of the week. Firearms ARE weapons, and care should be exercised with them. But appropriate care and use doesn't mean they don't have a use aside from live fire. For a practical joke on a friend, maybe, not something to do to a stranger. How many of you have paintball markers sitting out in the open at home? Firearms? And CA tanks?

SlartyBartFast
11-22-2004, 12:09 PM
For a practical joke on a friend, maybe, not something to do to a stranger.

All I can add is you have some dumb friends if they let you get away with that. :tard:

With any luck, you'll pull the stunt when someone with a loaded gun is around. :rolleyes:

I guess any further discussion with you is wasted time.

SSMercury
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
All I can add is you have some dumb friends if they let you get away with that. :tard:

With any luck, you'll pull the stunt when someone with a loaded gun is around. :rolleyes:

I guess any further discussion with you is wasted time.

*shrug* Again, I don't own a firearm, this is all hypothetical and regards my character, not that of my friends'.

Edit-And can anyone tell me where to find the "do not post sig" button when posting? I'm not meaning to spam my sig.

Echo419
11-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Here... I took the 3d Teaser Video from WDP's site... Cut it into frames, slapped it into Image Ready, Made it Transparent, Made It Into Gif, Enjoy

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=80205&stc=1

JoshK
11-30-2004, 08:24 PM
neat

Maybe with WDP making so many new guns...i will someday be able to buy a lcd for only 100-200 dollars