PDA

View Full Version : New Mag owner; Now I can post without guilt!

hwayhzrd
11-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I have finally gotten myself a Mag! :clap:
I picked up an Automag RT (Classic) with Benchmark double trigger frame, Kapp cradle and a 6-piece Custom Products barrel kit for well under $200.

Now, all I need to do is work on the trigger system. The current trigger has a pull of about 3/4 mile.

Any sugestions for improving performance on a budget?

Brophog
11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Those benchmarks for the mags are pretty long. I like the one on my blazer, but that's because the actual pull on a blazer is micro small, and you don't have a lot of worry about short stroking.

ojhspyro89
11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
lol 3/4 of a mile lol

RingOfScale
11-13-2004, 10:00 PM
well, at least we know the guy above me is easily amused :D

Chronobreak
11-14-2004, 12:13 AM
lol thought it was funny

you may have bought one of the best amgs ever(in my eyes the classic rt)

ide addd lvlX..maybe intell/y-grip ...other than that LEAVE AS IS and go rock it :headbang:

personman
11-14-2004, 12:35 AM
The only way you are going to get the trigger pull shorter is by buying an intelliframe. Yea, they are pricy but they are pretty nice frames.
You got an AMAZING deal, pat yourself on the back!
Get a decent hopper and n2 system if you dont have them already.. Other than that, LX would be a great upgrade.
Congrats!

hwayhzrd
11-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Dang, I forgot to mention that it had a Level 10 installed in it already. I have a Crossfire tank, a Warp Feed and a HALO hopper already, so I am good to go there.

Therefore, it sounds like I need an Intelliframe (at least until that Deadly Wind frame comes out. It is supposed to be good for 16 bps with no batteries, from what I have heard).

Thanks for the feedback, guys! You rock! :headbang:

EDIT: Here is a pic of the setup:

http://users.beol.net/chuknzig/Chuck/magrt.jpg

personman
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Thats an even more amazing deal if it already had LX!
What it looks like is that the intelliframe is really the only upgrade you can buy.
I dont think the deadly wind will be compatible with classic RTs because the field strip hole (or banjo bolt hole as its called on the classic RT) is bigger. You might just be able to drill it out though or get someone to make it custom for you..

Night$tryker
11-14-2004, 11:41 AM
really nice gun and great buy :shooting:

evan123
11-14-2004, 01:07 PM
I love the look of classics and that one is pretty amazing. Are you getting a chrome intelliframe or black one? Also i would suggest playing around with differen't sized drops and even rails to see which one you like best.

thorn
11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
xvalve
body
intelliframe, if you got cash devil frame
get rid of the foregrip bracket, put the foregrip all the way back
new foregrip

if youre wanting to go 16bps on a classic valve, you can be the one verifying that its actual limit is 16bps. thats kind of like someone on an xvalve constantly going 26bps. so, get a faster valve. x is best. the new body would be important for me because im only 13 and small. i held a cocker, i didnt know paintball guns could get that heavy. and stainless steel? heavy. the foregrip thing is just dumb.

you dont have to listen to me, because currently im planning on this setup:
rt ule custom with x valve and lvl10
dallara body and rail
hedlok 2 feedneck
j&j edge barrel kit
shocktech gas thru
hybrid grind on/off
hybrid drop
devilmag vert frame
72/5000
halo b

but remember, since your on a budget, believe it or not- like me, you can sell what you replace. you buy a new frame, sell the old one, buy a new body, sell the old one, buy a new valve, sell the old one, etc. etc. etc. just my $.02

Scott Hudnall
11-14-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm jealous.....that is a sweet RT

hwayhzrd
11-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Hey guys, thanks again for the feedback.

Lotsa good information in your posts, and it is appreciated.

Sounds like an Intelliframe is the ticketl, most likely black.

abarnhar
11-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Wow. The chances of you getting a deal like that again are pretty slim. In fact, the only way I can think of you doing it, is to knock the guy selling over the head, take the package, stuff $200 in his pocket. Seriously hot buy.

I played with an RT Classic for a while. It's a great marker. Be sure to know where the air fill station is though!

fuzzynutzipper
11-14-2004, 04:29 PM
nice to see you around here hway... carbinefreak from tippy forum... sweet deal ya got there!

give me a week to hopefully get my logic frame... and i'll have a black intelli for sale!

WARPED1
11-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Nicer. I haven't owned a mag in about 1300 posts. I'm looking for one though, but I'm getting my Angel back.....................

Hairball
11-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Zomgs it's hway.

Talk to patrick (from Tippmann forums) about the trigger setup on his RT with Benchmark frame, I've heard it's like a jackhammer.

behemoth
11-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Am i the only one incredible annoyed by the centered format?

Maybe its just me... :wow:

WARPED1
11-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Am i the only one incredible annoyed by the centered format?

Maybe its just me... :wow:
You're the only one...........

behemoth
11-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I figured.. :ninja:

evan123
11-14-2004, 06:53 PM
xvalve
body
new foregrip

if youre wanting to go 16bps on a classic valve, you can be the one verifying that its actual limit is 16bps. thats kind of like someone on an xvalve constantly going 26bps. so, get a faster valve. x is best. the new body would be important for me because im only 13 and small. i held a cocker, i didnt know paintball guns could get that heavy. and stainless steel? heavy. the foregrip thing is just dumb.

you dont have to listen to me, because currently im planning on this setup:
rt ule custom with x valve and lvl10
dallara body and rail
hedlok 2 feedneck
j&j edge barrel kit
shocktech gas thru
hybrid grind on/off
hybrid drop
devilmag vert frame
72/5000
halo b

but remember, since your on a budget, believe it or not- like me, you can sell what you replace. you buy a new frame, sell the old one, buy a new body, sell the old one, buy a new valve, sell the old one, etc. etc. etc. just my $.02
You basically want him to build an entire mag which is rediculous.

hwayhzrd
11-18-2004, 06:36 AM
nice to see you around here hway... carbinefreak from tippy forum... sweet deal ya got there!

give me a week to hopefully get my logic frame... and i'll have a black intelli for sale!

Sweet! :dance:

Keep me posted about that Intelliframe, and I would love to hear about your thoughts on the Logic, as I have been considering that one as well.

Good to hear from you!

Magaman
11-18-2004, 10:52 AM
That is a sweet buy... :headbang:

For the Ultimate upgrade you could always get this...

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=367&categoryID=9

But you seem to know where the deals are so no need to spend that much money... :p

Automaggot68
11-18-2004, 11:27 AM
xvalve
body
new foregrip

Half the stuff you listed isn't compatiable with the Classic RT's

The Xvalve is just an updated design of the RT valve, dude. If by what you posted, then why would a faster be needed? And No, X is not the Best, it's just the lightest. Any Retro/RT valve will perform nearly the same. In Fact Z-man once noted that the older RT valves were alot more reactive than the X-valves.

You Can NOT put a ULE body on them.
Unless you have one of the older RT Intelliframes, you'd have to drill out a standard one, which is not reccoemended.
Xvalves will not work with the Classic Rt's--This leads to NO NO NO NO, THE DEVIL FRAME WILL NOT WORK.**

**Unless the field strip screw hole is drilled out for such.