PDA

View Full Version : kingman rocker

meshaq
11-13-2004, 06:31 PM
did anyone else see in the new APG, the ad for a new kingman e-frame that has a rocker trigger? arent those illegal for tournament use? any comments?

tony3
11-13-2004, 06:35 PM
w00t, now I can chop at 18 bps

LittlePaintballBoy
11-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, who needs to chop 2 balls when you can chop 6 before you even notice?

RAM3139
11-14-2004, 08:17 PM
It was actually designed by a small custom parts company, similar to rogue or logic from what I understand. Kingman liked the idea and either bought it or licensed it. They say they got NPPL approval for use in tournaments. However, I thought a few years ago a similar product was deemed illegal, so I dunno.

GT
11-14-2004, 08:23 PM
arent those illegal for tournament use?

how many spyders are sold each year? How many of those sold are played with in tourneys?

Night$tryker
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
i guess you could upgrade your spyder so it was close to tournement gun but why when you could just get a mag :shooting:

teufelhunden
11-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Because you could get a gun that actually shoots fast.

Gunsmoke
11-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Spyders can shoot fast. There are several new boards out such as the t-board XSF board and i think there is another one. The t-board can cycle 36 balls per second.

teufelhunden
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I was talkin to the guy above me. I'm quite well aware of a blowback's capabilities, and if I get around to it that may be my next project because I'm sick of building cockers ;)

meshaq
11-14-2004, 09:40 PM
how many spyders are sold each year? How many of those sold are played with in tourneys?

alot of beginners have spyders, and play local tournies with them.
:)

master_alexander
11-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Spyders can shoot fast. There are several new boards out such as the t-board XSF board and i think there is another one. The t-board can cycle 36 balls per second.

note it CAN that doesent mean it will, it depends on you

Lurker27
11-14-2004, 10:01 PM
All you have to do is search the subject on PBN to get posts where I repeatedly enumerate WHY this isn't legal, and then show people trying futilely to argue with me.

WARPED1
11-14-2004, 10:51 PM
"A blowback with an Eframe, is still a blowback"(quoted from a WARPIG article.) There are limitations, physically, on how fast a blowback can shoot.

magman007
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
yet, you need to realize that a blowback can free cycle somewhere in the range of 40 cps. there fore your point is moot

xXHavokXx
11-15-2004, 01:24 AM
And kick like a mule and be loud as hell.

Its all about no kick and quiter....like a fly.....no kick and quiet....or a trix......quiet.....no kick..

I've played with a T-boarded spyder it was alot like a MAC10. I could shoot maybe the first two at my target and the rest were way to high and i thought i was going to go deaf. 12" speedline..

In addition, paintballer chicks wont give you any play if they see you rocking a spyder. It's like rolling up to a party in a pinto, if the spyder has 400+ in mods its like rolling up to the party in a pinto with a huge ricer spoiler and wal mart spinners......

WARPED1
11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
yet, you need to realize that a blowback can free cycle somewhere in the range of 40 cps. there fore your point is moot
Who gives a damn about cps?! You can't shoot anyone out without balls, the bolt cycling air does nothing for your game at all.

magman007
11-15-2004, 02:00 AM
your not understanding the point, feed the beast with paint, and it will cycle that fast with paint, get over it, your pisspoor attempt to rag on the marker failed.

Lurker27
11-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Yes, amke one upgrade to a spyder and it will still suck, big surprise. My spyder has a custom board (long story...), eyes, custom hammer, timmy bolt, and all the valving and restrictions in the flow paths redone by me. It's damn accurate, fast, efficient and stable.

It's still loud.

Biggest problem I have had is the ****ty tolerances on the barrel threads causing the barrel to back out under high ROF. I loctited all the screws, notably the ones holding the frame to the body, with blue loctite. That and a D2F-FL switch gives it a much better feel than any of the huge switches.

Battlewear
11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
alot of beginners have spyders, and play local tournies with them.
:)

Just as a quick reference to this.. My team (entering in a tourney this weekend) will have 2 spyders on it, and another team there is all spyrders except 1 (which is a Timmy)..

For the Newbie and Rookie divisions I expect to see them.. Of course I dont really except to see them much further then that, but I have seen a couple of people out there rocking the field with stock spyders.. The big thing they had going on was fun!! :) Dont blame them one bit :)