PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw the Staute of Liberty today!!

CasingBill
11-13-2004, 08:39 PM
I finally saw her. I think I'm the typical New Yorker. For most of my life growing up, I lived within 30 miles and never went. Drove by regularly, looked down from the Verrazzano, but thats it. Even now, I've been working within 5 miles for the last 8 years. Basically it took my 7 yr old daughter and 34 years of my life to go do something so simple. Its a shame that beauty had to come from France!

sharpshooter1286
11-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Can you go back inside yet? When I went to N.Y. last April vacation, you could go on the island but not inside the statue, so we didn't even bother. I thought it was suprisingly big when the boat was waiting at the dock.

Warewolf50
11-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Can you go back inside yet? When I went to N.Y. last April vacation, you could go on the island but not inside the statue, so we didn't even bother. I thought it was suprisingly big when the boat was waiting at the dock.

Last i heard was that u could go back inside it. I heard there was this device that shot each person wiht a big bust of air and then scanned the resedue in the air for traces of elements found in explosives. AAnd every person that wanted to go in had to go through the machine.

PyRo
11-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Last i heard was that u could go back inside it. I heard there was this device that shot each person wiht a big bust of air and then scanned the resedue in the air for traces of elements found in explosives. AAnd every person that wanted to go in had to go through the machine.
I think i'll break open a firecracker and sprinkle some on me for fun :)

RevBrown
11-14-2004, 06:02 AM
I think i'll break open a firecracker and sprinkle some on me for fun :)

Good thinkin'

Please post pictures of the results.

CasingBill
11-14-2004, 07:32 AM
August 3rd they opened it back up. You do have to go through security checks worse than an airport. There is booth that you have to stand in and it shoots a couple short bursts of air at you and then you can go through. You can't carry anything bigger than a small purse. All jackets hats anything metallic have to go through the xray machine. No video taping either.