Ragnarok
11-04-2001, 02:29 PM
maybe this one is cooler

Ragnarok
11-04-2001, 02:31 PM
And Again....

shartley
11-04-2001, 02:44 PM
Let me clear up something real quick if I may.....

When you (or anyone) posts a Signature Test Post, you don't need to KEEP making additional posts to test if any changes you made are working. Any and all posts using your Signature get updated as soon as you make your changes... THUS even your first post (the one that started the thread) will update and change IMMEDIATELY after you make and save the changes in your Control Panel. This applies to any posts you made in other threads as well, anyone reading them will instantly see the changes you made. So, just go back and RELOAD the page and you will see the changes. If it does not work, go back and fix the problem.

Posting again and again does NOTHING. It only makes more posts.. but the signature will be the latest changes you made... for ALL of your posts.

I hope that makes sense for you. It should also make things easier for you. Just reload the post. :) That is unless you just want to keep making posts for no real reason. ;)

Ragnarok
11-04-2001, 03:30 PM
The thing is i was comparing something.....but i wish not to bore you with the details....

Anyways thanks for the heads up shartley.....

But explain to me why it doesn't work all of a sudden.....very messed up.....

Arman/XPM
11-04-2001, 03:33 PM
Ragnarok,
Geocities does not allow you to use its webspace for sigs anymore. Geocities does not show up.
I suggest www.50megsfree.com

shartley
11-04-2001, 04:01 PM
Ragnarok

The thing is i was comparing something.....but i wish not to bore you with the details....
Well, sorry, but if you read my post you will see that comparing things will not work either since ALL signatures change when you make the "comparison" change. The old ones do not stay as they were before the changes (as would be needed to actually compare the two). These pages are not static, but are built on the spot, so ALL posts will show the changes, not just your latest.

Arman/XPM is correct about Geocities, you may want to check out his suggested Hosting alternative. I have read many of their Terms Of Service, and actually for most of them, using their space for signature files is against policy as well.... but most don't enforce it. :) Please note their actual TOS.....

i.Binary files, downloads, etc. that are not linked to an HTML page on the user's site, such that an advertising banner is displayed. Links back to files on a user's 50MegsFree.com page from other sites must also link first to an HTML page on 50MegsFree.com, which then links to the binary files.

This means that technically you can not use them either since you must link to an HTML page THEN the file, and using the signature images alone (as is done when using a signature image) would be in direct violation of their Acceptable Use Policy. LOL :D

BUT.... they don't have filtering software put in place like some of the other FREE Hosting Companies do that actually prevent it from being done. So.. what CAN be done, VS what they "allow" is quite a different story. ;)

pennzman543
01-31-2005, 06:33 PM
test

BobTheCow
01-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Holy crap, how did you find this ancient thread?!?

dj89
01-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Holy crap, how did you find this ancient thread?!?
DANG, This is old. :D

Test. ;)

SAW
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Wondering why Shartley was listed as a guest.
*Scratches Head*

dj89
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Wondering why Shartley was listed as a guest.
*Scratches Head*
Why? Because it old :D

SAW
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Yeah, just illustrating my confusion at the sight of his title. I kinda figured that was the reason after noticing the date. ;)

MarkM
01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Just to stop anyone else being confused, thread closed.