PDA

View Full Version : Everyone should read this

MindJob
11-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Found this on PBN

LINK (http://xtremepaintballcanada.com/vancouver/forums/index.php?showtopic=1583)

Blazestorm
11-13-2004, 10:06 PM
And I was the original poster, I was actually just about to post it over here when I found this...

Hits a bit harder for me considering it's only a few hours north of me... :(

Enemy
11-13-2004, 10:42 PM
thats very kind!! to bad the kid cant play i have a classic spyder collecting dust!

RiddalinJunkie08
11-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Thats incredible. Just goes to show that there are some good people left in the world. We hear about too much of the negative and not enough good things. I read further down in the thread and saw some stuff about the guy being connected and able to get all that stuff for cheap, but thats not the important thing. What counts is that he did that for that kid.
-Mark

slade
11-13-2004, 10:49 PM
wow... just wow...

thats an amazing story... if there is a heaven that guys going.

Glickman
11-13-2004, 11:00 PM
thats just amazing.

"first of all... I dont care about paintball... in fact I couldn't care less about it.. I registered just to tell you how much admiration I have for this guy... connections or not.. he did something really special for this kid.. its not about how much it costs or how much he got it for.. its about actually taking the time to listet to this kid.. take the time to care about him.. wow... great job anyways.."

i think that about explains it all....

this guy is one in a million, i know we AO'ers donate money here, and there, but this guy went all out, unbelievable job.

"In the days of 30bp's Intimidators, and 1500 dollar guns, we often lose sight of why we play the game. Everyday I read on various Paintball forums about being being so upset that they throw their guns, scream and yell at each other, swear at tournaments etc. And yet, here is someone who is happier than most of the players I know, even though he is unable to play but is still able enough to be involved. There is something to be learned from the story beyond the gift the kindness, that those who are able, be thankful for what they have and appreciate what they are able to do. Truly the spirit of the season."

MiniSpdRcr
11-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Wow...that put tears into my eyes. Especially after reading the rest of it, when the actual fruit_loops answered...wow just wow.

rpm07
11-14-2004, 12:07 AM
When I read it last year it realy hit me. We take so much for granted. We all piss about things and when you read something like this it makes you stop and think. For all those that did not know he passed. I know when i read he did i felt real sad. It is hard when someone young passes. Here is the rest of the story.

This for those that read the first post that was on xtremepaintballcanada.com

"For 10 days, his charisma filled the world and temporarily united all people from all nations. Not the use of any word will ever describe the immensity of his bravery. Known only as fruit_loops, the unknown soldier of the internet yet in real life he existed, he is our new icon of hope.

With these words, I regret to inform you that we lost our little fighter at 1117H (Pacific Time) today, the 5th of January 2004. His recovery was cut short by the worst seizure he ever had that lasted more than 40 minutes despite emergency medical interventions. He is now resting in peace and rest assured, he will struggle no more from pain.

Please accept our gratitude for all your time, your love and your prayers. xtremepaintballcanada.com will always be proud to have been selected by an unknown force to beam to the world the last 10-days of the life of our little fighter or our little man or our wee man as we all have been endeared to the existence of such terms.

Let’s rally the world again one more time and give the family words of encouragement and support. Please go back to where you chanced on the story of our little fighter and post a statement of gratitude not only from us but make it from the world.

If he touched your lives, please submit your post-scripts. In lieu of cards, flowers, gifts or donations to the family, please redirect them to a cancer research organization of your choice.

Do remember the countless fruit_loops we have around the world. Respect their pain and sufferings, please.

To the various men and women and institutions who fought fruit_loops’ battle alongside with him, a thank you is all we can afford. Let’s keep God in our hearts.

automagkid24
11-14-2004, 12:44 AM
I cried when i read that. That man is amazing. You dont find to many ppl like that in the world any more. God Bless him.

evan123
11-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Did the boy end up dying? Anyway that truely did touch me though i remember seen RIP Fruit_Loops in some sigs i didn't quite know the story behind it.

Gr0dy
11-14-2004, 12:59 AM
I was tearin when i read the story but when some one that posted here said he died i starting crying thats a sad story

LittlePaintballBoy
11-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Read rpm's post evan.

RIP Fruit_loops

White_Noise
11-14-2004, 05:31 AM
RIP Fruit_loops, may god be with you always, youve been an inspiration to all of us.

LunchBox89
11-14-2004, 11:43 AM
for those who see my name on pbn and here you will know ive had rip fruit loop since we discovered he didnt make it

Ghetto
11-14-2004, 05:02 PM
What an amazing story. I too had seen the RIP fruitloop and wondered what the story was behind it. Sad to see he has passed, seemed to be an awesome kid. RIP fruitloop

WARPED1
11-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Doesn't he post here too? Good luck and well wishes to fruit.

ojhspyro89
11-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Sad thing is, just about everyone gets cancer. 2/3 men get cancer and 1/2 woman get cancer. Its a bad thing, i just dont know why it even happens to the good people in life.

Even tho they say cancer isnt genetic, it really does seem to be getting its way down to my generation.

RIP fruit loops

Coray
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
RIP fruit loops

:cry:

LittlePaintballBoy
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
read the frigging thread moron.

Coray
11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Wow calm down, I corrected my post... Geeze.