PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with my Mag

Thunder Bunny
11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Here's why, Rental valve, co2, and a $10 barrel from ebay. So, what would be a good barrel? I have a twist lock body. Too bad because I have lots of cocker threaded barrels. What would be a good valve? I don't shoot much, but today there was a guy with a Tippy with RT, and he shot my *** off. Each game. I'd like to be able to lay down some paint when needed.I saw an rt pro valve in the classifieds, How does that compare to other valves?

matt-o
11-13-2004, 11:18 PM
itl speed up your ROF quite a bit, but you might just need more practice too, i played with an old rental mag for a long time, it had one of those unported 8" crap barrels too.

Wheelman
11-14-2004, 12:27 AM
get a cocker barrel adapter from Docs Machine, let's you use cocker barrels in the twist lock body, they run about 40 bucks

space_weazel_45
11-14-2004, 05:00 AM
I have a classic and an RT as well as other guns and other than feel and set up, i use them all about the same, and achieve similar success with each.

Other than x/speed/hyper ball there is rarely a NEED for high volumes of paint, and with enough skill even above mentioned styles can be played successfully with pumps. Just practice more by playing and USE your head and out think the guy in the corner who’s spraying paint.

Thunder Bunny
11-14-2004, 08:30 AM
I normally don't shoot massive volumes of paint, just enough to tag people. I may burn up half a hopper in one game. I'm just tired of those guys who feel they can't be competitive without an RT trigger or some kind of full auto.

I think my current valve is slow to recharge. I had to slow my ROF to maybe 2 bps at times to avoid the chuffs. (then again maybe it was just me)

As for chopping/breaking, I've used both a direct feed and a power feed and I still have problems. If I shoot slow it's ok, but if I shoot fast...

BTW, it's a rental valve, $9.99 Mako barrel from ebay, y-grip.