PDA

View Full Version : trouble in ebay

eaglelox
11-14-2004, 08:35 AM
hi everyone. i needed to rant.this is the prob with ebay. i have been selling my mag, it has 8 hours left. the high bidder who has been high bidder all week on my mag and on the level 10 kit asks me to take his bid out because he thought it had a level 10 in it. this is what i told him.

"you have been high bidder on this mag and the level 10 bolt i have been selling all week. there is less then 8 hours and the add says it has the superbolt not a level 10 with with superbolt 2 in it. im sorry, but ebay does not work this way. if you pull out i will report you as a deadbeat bidder. this is not personal. since i have started to sell paintball stuff i have had way to many people mess my acutions up. i hope you are not the high bidder. thanks"

does this add in any way imply a level 10. i even had someone ask and i posted the answer on the auction.
mag (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=7112740287&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

slade
11-14-2004, 08:38 AM
tell him he can either buy it or pay for the listing.

eaglelox
11-14-2004, 08:44 AM
i have asked that in the past. most times i never hear from them again after they say alright. i then let ebay know about the deadbeat bidder :mad:

wimag
11-14-2004, 09:28 AM
he isnt the high bidder on the LVL 10 kit so no worry there. And depending on his high bid for the mag he probably wont get that either. No worries

TheDuelist
11-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Looks like you have been on ebay awhile. You should know that the high bidder isn't always the final bidder. I would let the auction ride out and if he doesn't pay, report him. Not much else you can do really. Yeah it sucks but thats one of the risks you take by placing your marke on an online auction.

Halliday
11-14-2004, 10:16 AM
He's free to pull his bid and he can do it himself. Removing his bid does not make him a deadbeat bidder. Winning and not paying would.

eaglelox
11-14-2004, 10:25 AM
actually this is what ebay says

Bid carefully - retractions are rarely allowed

When you are the winning bidder, you are obligated to pay the high-bid price for the item. As a rule, retracting bids is not allowed on eBay.

Remember that all bids on eBay are binding, except:
Sales of real estate or businesses (see the Non-Binding Bid Policy)
Sales of items that are prohibited by law or by eBay's User Agreement
Exceptional Circumstances Only

There are, however, a few exceptional circumstances (described in the User Agreement) under which you may retract a bid. These are if:

You made a typographical error and entered the wrong bid amount. For instance, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this occurs, re-enter the correct bid amount immediately after you retract your bid. If you do not place another bid, the retraction will be in violation of eBay's policy and could result in your suspension. Please review the retraction guidelines if you need to retract your bid.
The description of an item you have bid on has changed significantly.
You can't reach the seller. This means that you tried calling the seller but his or her phone number doesn't work, or you have tried emailing a message to the seller and it comes back undeliverable.
Someone has bid on an item using your User ID and password.
Timing Matters

There are special rules about retracting bids, depending on when you originally placed the bid.

If you place a bid before the last 12-hours of the listing: You may retract that bid before that last 12-hours, if your situation meets the above description of exceptional circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 12-hours of the listing.

When you retract a bid before the last 12 hours of a listing: you will eliminate all bids you have placed on that item. If you are correcting a bidding error, you will have to bid again.

If you place a bid during the last 12-hours of the listing: You may retract the bid only within one hour after placing the bid (and if your situation meets eBay's exceptional circumstances description).

When you retract a bid within the last 12 hours of the listing: You will eliminate only the most recent bid you placed. Bids you placed prior to the last 12 hours will not be retracted.

If you are not allowed to retract your bid during the last 12-hours of the listing, you may contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. The seller will have the discretion whether to cancel your bid.

this is why it makes me so upset. the rules are here in english yet people still dont know them.

i was looking at his bid retractions here is what i found-Bid Retractions (Past 6 months): 8 :cuss: that is way a pattern. more than one BR a month. who knows how many before this.

tolley
11-14-2004, 03:56 PM
To answer your question, NO, you don't even mention LVL 10 in the add at alll

WARPED1
11-14-2004, 06:19 PM
In the ad, theres nothing to make you think it has an LX.

nt2004
11-14-2004, 06:29 PM
its not your fault. You clearly said superbolt. Now if he had studied it before he bidded instead of asuming superbolt meant level 10, he wouldnt have this problem

Won Hunglo
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Hmmm..why the pink & purple boarder?

Skoad
11-14-2004, 07:22 PM
he can remove his bid himself if he knew how to do so.

I've retracted my bid once, it just takes it off and you give a reason why you want to retract and pow, its gone.

eaglelox
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
ha , hunglo. to funny. wife helped me on it. didnt notice till you said :rofl:

thanks all . feel lots better. it sold and is paid for. funny thing i saw that i answered that question on the 9th, second day of action and pasted it in the add.