PDA

View Full Version : emag problems

Died7times
11-14-2004, 01:16 PM
when i try too shoot fast it just spits out paint 3 feet and sounds as if i where short strocking the marker any ideas
thanks

athomas
11-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Clean and lube your valve. Check your velocity. Increase the chamber pressure/velocity until the gun fires properly.

Died7times
11-18-2004, 03:35 PM
i oiled it up and put in a smaller spring and got better results still wont fire over 14-16bps without missfireing and spitting

athomas
11-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Does it do the same when dry firing? Or just when firing paintballs?

Fanatic
11-19-2004, 09:46 AM
up the velocity and chrono

Died7times
11-19-2004, 04:59 PM
with paint it spits them out a couple feet and dry fiiring it makes a short stroking sound, The whole gun works fine as long as i shoot slow.
thanks

athomas
11-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Sounds like it could be the on/off pin or the regulator pin sticking.

Died7times
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
could my regulator pin be the problem, arnt you supose too replace them as soon as there is a stream of ait coming out the back? it dose hiss sometimes but normaly gose away after firing a couple times also i have 4.0 on my emag, i have heard some problems with 4.0 but none telling havnt heard what exactly is wrong with it and how it effects hardware isues

athomas
11-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Air coming out the back of the adjustor is different than a sticking regulator pin. Air out the back of the adjustor is usually a sign of a chamber pressure that is too high, or a regulator piston that is weak due to age.

A sticking regulator pin causes charging issues which could act like short stroking. I would suggest you remove the regulator pin and associated o-rings and check them all over for contamination. Check to make sure the regulator pin assmbly is not fractured on the larger end. Oil them good before putting them back in.

Died7times
11-19-2004, 06:46 PM
there is a miss colored o-ring that should be replaced and trick too take the regulator pin to put new ones on or do i have too buy a new one ?
thanks for the help

Tunaman
11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
The trick to taking out the reg Pin is to remove the reg seat oring first, then use a smill pick through the little hole on the reg pin. Wiggle slowly but dont just yank it out. It could be in a million pieces if you bust it. On the oring side of the Reg Piston assy, these is a very small, black, clip ring that holds the whole assy together. You dont want to knock that off. Using a pick, just roll the orings and split ring off the end. Replace orings, oil the crap out of it and slide it in and out a few times then slam it home. Replace and oil reg seat oring and clean reg seat. You are done. :D