PDA

View Full Version : EGG II fast enough???

paintballfreak90
11-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I have an egg II and i chopped a little bit the last time i played paintball with my 04 speed. but i was woundering if it was really worth it to get a halo and how hevy are they. ive found one for only 65 :wow: so i think im probably going to go with that. (if anyone has any better deals please post, only black though).

68magOwner
11-14-2004, 01:53 PM
you may need new detents to run a halo on your speed, but, i have been running one an various markers for over a year now, and the weight isnt that bad, i play front and it dosent bother me, so, you should be fine

athomas
11-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Even though the egg is rated for ~18bps, the real rate of operation while feeding a gun is around 13bps. I've experienced many chuffs on my emag with an egg. The halo will actually feed a gun at its rated feed rate. You shouldn't chop with your speed if you have the sensi setup correctly and calibrated.

Glickman
11-14-2004, 10:16 PM
halos work great, but theres a few problems ive found over the years:

1- you cannot fill them past 3/4 the way full, it will burn out the board (seen it happen, had it happen 2 times)

2- its kinda heavy compared to other hoppers. on my new shocker, it seems to be the majority of the weight, but its not horribly heavy (i would weight it but i dont have anything that registers under 6 lbs)

i think if you are having trouble with the egg keeping up, then get the halo, i love mine, and the guys at odyssey are great as well.

the best thing to do is to try one out on your gun, im sure someone you play with has one, just ask to borrow it a few games.

ilikePB
11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
halos work great, but theres a few problems ive found over the years:

1- you cannot fill them past 3/4 the way full, it will burn out the board (seen it happen, had it happen 2 times)

2- its kinda heavy compared to other hoppers. on my new shocker, it seems to be the majority of the weight, but its not horribly heavy (i would weight it but i dont have anything that registers under 6 lbs).
I haven't ever had my board burn out and I fill 'er all the way up, maybe I'm lucky or you got a bad one? I think the Egg2 and Halo are about the same wieght when filled cause the Egg can hold more paint. Anyway, I have a Shocker also and when a full hopper is on it it more than doubles the wieght, lol. But I play front and have no issues with the weight. I run a Reloader B right now and kicks the living crap outta any Egg out there in speed. I say get a Halo, it's well worth it imo.