PDA

View Full Version : Masks

Sqweezer
11-04-2001, 04:15 PM
I'm looking for a new mask, my current JT is very annoying. I started looking at the V-force shield. Any input on those? What do you guys think about these Raven masks? Scott masks? Specifically? Also if you could list a place where I could buy these masks at that would be awesome. I looked at a few good stores and none of them had V-forces. Only one I have found is paintballgear.

Thank you!

Cha0tic
11-04-2001, 04:18 PM
what don't you like about your jt? what model is it? i love my spectra and flex-7.

Miscue
11-04-2001, 04:30 PM
I love V-Force... my JTs I keep as a spare. The black shields are really cheap... $30.

http://www.paintballfx.com/vforceshield.html

Potatoboy
11-04-2001, 04:50 PM
VForce!!

These are really great masks. The Field of Vision is amazing. Some of the best I've seen recently. It's practically impossible to fog them too. Like miscue said, the black shield is pretty cheap, but it's better than most of the masks on the market in terms of overall usability. I have a 3D Techno Shield (the only color my store had at the time) and my friend has a Green Morph. They really are some of the best masks you can buy for the price.

PigSweat
11-04-2001, 05:40 PM
My vote is for V-Force Shield/Morph or the Diablo Skull

Sqweezer
11-04-2001, 06:08 PM
Well.. My JT spectra is uncomfortable, hard maintenance, and paint specels in between the thermals which is very annoying. I'm up for a complete replacement... Anyone dealt with this company that miscues link goes to?

Shaft
11-04-2001, 06:41 PM
Vforce all the way!
It's so comfortable I can wear it all day. Vision is fantastic.

oneshot
11-04-2001, 07:45 PM
Get the new JT proteus, they look so sweet.

:D

e21bgl
11-04-2001, 07:59 PM
I wish to buy V Force very soon. Please recommended the stores that available v force and can easily ship ( and easy for payments ) it to Thailand? I know paintballgear does, but is it somewhere else?
:rolleyes:

MrAirgunRT
11-04-2001, 08:00 PM
MORPHS

Sqweezer
11-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Whats the difference between morph and shield?

Miscue
11-04-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Sqweezer
Whats the difference between morph and shield?

Pretty much the same difference between JT Flex's and Spectra's... flexy mask/hard mask.

Potatoboy
11-04-2001, 08:32 PM
that and the shield comes with a neckguard and chin strap, the morphs don't.

tooslow
11-04-2001, 09:27 PM
If you are interested in V-Force masks you can either PM or e-mail me at actionquest@shaw.ca. I carry the full line and highly recomend them. They have a mask for every budget.

Also, V-Force masks are made in Canada and I am a Canadian dealer, so my prices are very good.

Xzion
11-04-2001, 09:49 PM
I love my Raven NUVIS-1 V2.0, nice comfy face foam, pretty secure, and low profile, the Version 1 models had fogging problems, but they fixed that, most goggles fog easily for me, but with the new improved single pane lenses, I get no fog, or at most -very- little. Plus I love the Photochromatic lenses that change color in UV rays. Theyre also made of Polyurathane, which is like 30+ times stronger then the normal polycobonate lenses (the US military use polyurathane lenses in their goggles and such) and its also as opically correct as glass. Im sure others will tell you the raven goggles suck, but I love mine, and frankly, if I'm happy with it, nothing anyone else can say will change my mind hehe :D :p

tooslow
11-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Xzion: Did you get your NUVIS in Canada? If so, where did you get it, if you don't ming me asking?

I haven't been able to find a Canadian distributor that carries them and I would like to try one out before placing a big order with an American distributor.

thanks.

tooslow
11-04-2001, 10:14 PM
While we're on the subject of masks, I can't believe that Oakley hasn't come out with a goggle system yet now that paintball is as popular as it is. They already make goggles targetted at skiers/snowboarders and motocross as well as eyewear aimed at every sport inaginable. Just think of the big time sponsorships if a giant like Oakley got into paintball. DYE would have a run for their money...

Cha0tic
11-04-2001, 11:00 PM
oakley would have cool masks, but you'd have to pay 300$ for them :)

tooslow
11-04-2001, 11:04 PM
That's true. And in this industry DYE has the over-priced market cornered;) Have you seen the price of the new DYE mask?:eek: :eek: :eek: DYE IS the Oakley of the paintball industry...

Xzion
11-04-2001, 11:24 PM
tooslow; I bought mine direct from Raven when they first came out, I loved mine ever since I got it, and the free upgrade to V2.0 made the goggle even better, thickend face foam, fixed lense fogging problem, and even a free visor... as for finding one in canada to try on, im not sure. I did see a couple on sale at Skyball 2001, you might wanna try there at the 2002 tournament? thats the best suggestion I personally can give.

-series-
11-04-2001, 11:36 PM
vforces are great. ive had mine since the beginning of the year and i love it.

FooTemps
11-04-2001, 11:43 PM
What's the best place to get the best price on a morph or shield?

Riot[Z-Grip]
11-05-2001, 07:08 PM
I've done all kinds of research (i.e. read many reviews and asked many people) and I came to the decision of V-Force. Virtually impossible to fog, great field of vision, and the quick-switch lenses. I'm waiting for my Blue Mirror Morph to arrive sometime within a week or two.

-Riot

P.S. tooslow, check your PMs if you haven't already, I got a question.

MajorDamage
11-05-2001, 08:12 PM
I love my V-Force Morph! I believe that nationalpaintball sells them.

ENDO!

deded
11-09-2001, 05:00 PM
I've been looking at the Vforces for a little while, they seem really nice... if only my local shop had 'em.

Doh!

Anyway, does the "softness" of the morph protect your face well enough? It seems like it would just bend and hit your face, instead of the paintball hitting it directly.

Any one who has tried both: Is the shield much heavier than the morph?

Thx

PigSweat
11-09-2001, 08:58 PM
I've tried both and there is no noticable difference in weight. The soft part on the Morph is designed to help imrove those rare bounces of the mask. IMO the sheild is just fine.

deded
11-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Anyone know what the difference is between a black "shield" and another color.. besides $10 and some paint...

i.e. is the foam less comfortable or the lens different...

I would think that they were the same but they call the black one the "rental" so I'm not quite sure.

tooslow
11-09-2001, 10:49 PM
The only difference between the regular Shield and the Rental Shield is the foam. The Rental uses a more durable neoprene foam while the regular Shield uses a "fluffy" open cell foam sililar to what JT uses in their High end masks.

BTW, the regular Shield comes in black as well as red, green, etc... The colors usually do cost a few $ more than black. The rental comes in black only and a bit less than the regular black Shield.

Hope this helps.

~WarpedRT~
11-10-2001, 12:03 AM
The Proteuses are alright, but something about them makes me feel very tightly enclosed. They offer the tightest fit to your head, but sometimes taht isn't a good thing. I have a Spectra Proshield mask. I will be getting a Flex 7 bottem, a new lens frame, new lens, and a new strap probably. THe whole mask will be black, except for the frame, which will be red. Diablo skul masks seem to be more of a rip off than anything else. My friend was beyond disapointed with his. The whole thing is appearently a single unit, incapable of being torn down. The foam is ripping, and it is horribly scratchy and uncomfortable on your face, plus I just dont think they look all that cool. They do have the advantage of getting almost any hit on them to bounce though. Yeah, try a V-Force.

PigSweat
11-10-2001, 12:08 AM
The Skull? A ripoff!? I love mine, for just those reasons. It's one piece, so it's nice and simple (why should I have to tear it down?). Well ventaled. Close to the face. All soft plastic. VERY COMFORTABLE, IMO. Although I have yet to have the foam rip. Anywho, to each his own, I guess.