PDA

View Full Version : trying to build a mag pistol. help.

dudeman
11-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey I am foooling around with the idea of taking the feed tube off a classic body and mounting a PT pistol removable clip on top??
Anyone tried this before. I think it will work if it lines up.
~dudeman :shooting:

Thunder Bunny
11-14-2004, 10:05 PM
you mean something like a spring loaded feed tube from a pt extreme? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although... I would think the easiest way wou be to get a ULE body and a 10 round feed from Action Markers. It will screw right into the feedport and then all you have to do is get the pt tube to mount to the AM stuff. My brother runs his pump Mag stock class with the AM stick feed.

dudeman
11-14-2004, 10:34 PM
I wasn't really looking to go stock, just small and pistol like. I am looking at the pt extreme spring load just cause it would be tight to the body. I would also run a co2 quick change from the bottom of the rail and use a 3" inch barrel.
~dudeman

Big'n slo
11-14-2004, 10:57 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreykier/Pics/ghetto-syd.jpg

Works better than it looks :)

10-brink
11-15-2004, 12:52 AM
all you need is a 12 gram or a 3.5 ounce co2

dudeman
11-15-2004, 01:18 AM
I knew there was great minds on this forum!! That's really close to what I have in mind!! thanks. I'll keep ya posted...
~Dudeman :D

maglover728
11-16-2004, 03:43 AM
I used the feed tube from a Zeus pistol, a LX, and lots of JB Weld to build this thing. There are also small hpa bottles out there. These are from getrealpaintball.com. 13ci and 3k.
I am building one right now for a buddy that is going to use a warp body and a vert adapter to run a Qloader. And damn you are to run off the break with one of these, and keep a low profile once you make your bunker. :shooting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/maglover728/bastardmag3.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/maglover728/bastardmag2.bmp
Good luck to ya!

undescriptive
11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
so, anyone got any neat ways of drilling a powerfeed body to a vertical feed?

I can remove the feed tube and get a small plate welded over the whole of the body, but it's the drilling of the body and the barrel that get's me....

edit

after looking @ the brass barrel it's left and right feed... on the left feed, could I just drill a little bit into the main groove so the twist lock pin engages there, thus making it a center feed?

Big'n slo
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
so, anyone got any neat ways of drilling a powerfeed body to a vertical feed?

I can remove the feed tube and get a small plate welded over the whole of the body, but it's the drilling of the body and the barrel that get's me....

edit

after looking @ the brass barrel it's left and right feed... on the left feed, could I just drill a little bit into the main groove so the twist lock pin engages there, thus making it a center feed?

Thats exactly what I did for my barrel. Just touch it with the bit, anymore and your too deep.

dudeman
11-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey maglover. nice idea. I have a couple 3.5oz's and I think I am going to mount it on an asa. I am going to buy the pt clip this weekend.
updates to come
~dudeman

maglover728
11-16-2004, 10:44 PM
cool, keep me posted. :headbang: