PDA

View Full Version : can you run a lvl10 x-valve, ult at 200fps?

B@THEROCK
11-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Is that possible?
And will the airusage be different from running at say 280 fps?
Im really interested in th e TAC ONE and i want some nasty triggerbounce on it :D
Ive read you need to add shims or take way on the ule trigger to get it reactive?

frop
11-15-2004, 03:11 AM
It might be possible to run that with the shortest spring & as loose a carrier as possible. I've never played at 200fps & I've never heard of a place that requires that, but I'd certainly think air usage would be less than normal velocities. Add shims to the ULT for reactivity, but your better off getting reactivity from a good adjustable tank & prolly the sdstock RT on/off than shimming the ULT.

BTW, welcome to AO :p

B@THEROCK
11-15-2004, 04:01 AM
spanx :)

I was thinking of a dynaflow 0-1000 output with the movable dovetail.
I would like the ult trigger if i want to play a legalgame :D do i get the good results in shimming the ult like if i want rt effect? or is the rt onoff the only way to go, to get what i want?
We strive to get everyone to run at close 200fps at the indoorplace i own, that way we can aloud FA and what ever you like in triggers.
We have all of our tippmanns98c at 200fps because of the really close quarter battles, imagine 16 rooms in 2 levels in 2000square meters inside a mountain with different interiored rooms think Office, storage and a basement with soft red lighting and water on the floor :wow: a recballers wetdream :D
We rather have happy customers than bleeding customers from to high fps, this way we dont need no safedistance :clap:

frop
11-15-2004, 05:00 AM
you should be able to get decent results w/ just the dynaflow & shimming the ult now. I understand the 200fps thing now, my playing experience is limited to normal size fields at tyical ranges, but that sounds AWESOME. Do a search if you want more info on shimming the ULT, i remember several threads about it. Also, ask someone with more experience about shooting that low, like BlackVCG, Hitech, Dayspring, most of the guys that answer tech threads

Dayspring
11-15-2004, 09:42 AM
The ULT will reduce trigger bounce no matter how you cut it. If you want legit bounce, use the stock RT on/off pin & assembly and crank the input pressure to the tank.

As for 200FPS, that's a bit more of a challenge... The long spring on the level 10 can help bring the fps down. I just don't see how things break at 200.

Is that possible?
Im really interested in th e TAC ONE and i want some nasty triggerbounce on it :D
Ive read you need to add shims or take way on the ule trigger to get it reactive?

shatter_storm
11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
240 FPS is required by one of my local fields. at 240 my mag cuts through balls and my m98/flatline shoots like a normal marker. I havn't tuned the mag down to the lower pressure yet since I do occasionally use it at 280 fps. For some reason the LX setup I have going will bounce off paint at 280 but slice it apart at 240.

mag88888
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
when i got mine in the mail, i have the ult i dont think it says in my signature, i had mine going about 230. funny thing is that at the factory it was going about 285. does anyone know whats up with that, has it happened to you guys? it sorts pissed me off.

CaliMagFan
11-15-2004, 11:48 PM
... The long spring on the level 10 can help bring the fps down...

explain how that works. install your short spring, turn the velocity to below 250.... now change to the long spring.... do nothing to the velocity and try to shoot... if you can even make the marker fire more than 1 shot every 5 seconds video it and i'll believe you....

-kyro

frop
11-16-2004, 01:31 AM
It's my understanding that changing to a shorter spring allows lower fps b/c there wouldn't be enough pressure to cycle the bolt with a longer spring. 'Course now, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the LvlX manual saying something like that in simpler terms.

B@THEROCK
11-16-2004, 02:46 AM
So i will not get the ultrigger since i want it reactive, but is rt trigger nice without ul if i want that?(legal).

CalimagFan ive read alot of your stuff and it seams like you know your s**t ;) do you think i can get it to work at around 200fps max 240fps without slicing with lvl10?
Does weather affect the lvl10 performance like snowy conditions?

:headbang:

athomas
11-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Using the short bolt spring should allow you to turn the velocity down to a low level. If you still can't get the mag to shoot at a low enough velocity, use a longer or shorter barrel than normal. A shorter barrel would be prefered in tight areas. A longer or shorter barrel reduces efficiency but will also limit the ability of the gun to reach peak velocity for the chamber pressure used. This means the velocity will be reduced.

The low chamber pressure combined with a high input pressure should give you a lot of reactivity when using the rt on-off assembly.

Another side effect of using a lower velocity is that you get lower chamber pressure. This reduces the force on the bolt and will make the level 10 be very gentle on paint, even using the short bolt spring.

B@THEROCK
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanx aThomas!

you answered what i needed to know :headbang: :cheers:

player4
11-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Is that possible?

yes i clocked my mag at 168 fps when i was trying to chrono it orignally

B@THEROCK
11-17-2004, 04:45 AM
yes i clocked my mag at 168 fps when i was trying to chrono it orignally

And that was with triggerbounce and a nonchopping lvl10?

Time to order some stuff! :D
What parts should i order in case something breaks, dont think that the parts needed will be too easy to hunt down in Sweden :confused:

frop
11-17-2004, 01:49 PM
extra bumpers, a parts kit for the valve, maybe some shims