PDA

View Full Version : need some tech info on 03 viking

desslock
11-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Whats up AOers! I have recently purchased a used 03 viking :D and I had some questions, was hoping some fellow AOers could help me out. I have searched the aka forums but unfortunately didnt find out a lot of info. Anybody out there with some info on vikings this is what I need.

1 what is the ideal input pressure
2what is the best setting for the scm
3 are hp tanks ok to use or should I be using a lp tank instead?
4 any info on the scm lpr would be great.
5 besides the ccm adjustable feedneck are there any other companies that produce adjstble feednecks for vikings, what threading are viking feednecks?
6 besides cleaning the eyes and bolt, and some oil in the asa is there any other cleaning/maintance I should do?

Thanks for the info, I have an 03 viking, with WAS with updated 1.6 eyes, and a scm lpr. Unfortunately the previous owner didnt send any manuals and the online manuals from aka website are kinda of basic. Would appreciate any "hands on" info.

rkjunior303
11-15-2004, 08:43 AM
I'll help the best I can, since I just got an 03 myself..

I use a HP Crossfire on mine with no problems

5 besides the ccm adjustable feedneck are there any other companies that produce adjstble feednecks for vikings, what threading are viking feednecks?

The BP Lowrise is a great feedneck -- that's what I reccomend. I'll be picking one up for mine as well. I'm pretty sure they are AKA threaded. Cyborgs use the same threading I believe.

-=Squid=-
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Any preset HPA tank is fine. I use a low pressure preset, set at 400 PSI, and used to use an 850 PSI preset in my viking. The Sidewinder regs it down for you.

I believe 72 PSI, but if it is set now don't mess with it, ESPECIALLY if you don't have a tool kit.

HP Preset will work just the same in that gun as a LP.

Not much to say other than it's an excellent LPR, made for almost all guns. All else I can think to say is to NOT MESS WITH IT if it is set.

Bart Parts makes a feedneck which I find to be superior to CP called the BP No-Rider. You can buy them and all viking upgrades at www.dbnpaintball.com Viking feednecks have the same threading as an autococker barrel.

6 besides cleaning the eyes and bolt, and some oil in the asa is there any other cleaning/maintance I should do?
I have had my 04 viking since december, and all I do is clean the marker (wipe it down, remove easily removable things such as eye covers, grips etc. and clean around them) and oil it, and it works great. I wouldn't clean the eyes unless you chop, or know something is on them.

Hope this helps.

Mango for pres. 08'

- Goro

Steelrat
11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^ That just about sums it up. Good luck with your viking, and welcome to the family!

desslock
11-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the info fellows!!! I read that vikings were easy to take care of, but I wanted some "real" advice first. Unfortunately my 1st day out w/my new viking wasnt so good. Last sunday small local tourny, summer paint in 44 degree weather=many barrell breaks and choped balls. I would like to think it was the temp and crap paint, thank god I had the emag as backup!! once again thanks for all the helpful advice.

mark_426
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
There is also the Lapco hand clamping feednecks, in addition to the CCM and BP. Personally, I feel the BP is the worst of the three. The CCM has a diagonal cut and holds great. The Lapco doesnt need a wrench to tighten, but it is larger.

They're all preference.

Dan (aka tech) suggests using a low pressure input. I use a 450 and 750 with not discernable difference.

I use my SCM at 68. If you go too low, it becomes inefficient, too high, and you have a lot of kick and more potential for breaks.

SCM is an awesome LPR, don't mess with it, and it will treat you well.

I like to put a few drops of oil behind the hammer on the ram - push bolt forward, pull it out, put oil in shaft thats exposed, then replace bolt, and cycle by hand 25 or so times. Then, three drops on the bolt, and three in the ASA is all you need.

Some like a toolkit to take apart the internals to clean them, but not entirely necessary to do, just be careful.

For any more info, use http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=149 - PBN AK A forum. Lots of great info and people.

Steelrat
11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for all the info fellows!!! I read that vikings were easy to take care of, but I wanted some "real" advice first. Unfortunately my 1st day out w/my new viking wasnt so good. Last sunday small local tourny, summer paint in 44 degree weather=many barrell breaks and choped balls. I would like to think it was the temp and crap paint, thank god I had the emag as backup!! once again thanks for all the helpful advice.

Were the eyes in the right mode?

SCpoloRicker
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Any preset HPA tank is fine. I use a low pressure preset, set at 400 PSI, and used to use an 850 PSI preset in my viking. The Sidewinder regs it down for you.

I believe 72 PSI, but if it is set now don't mess with it, ESPECIALLY if you don't have a tool kit.

HP Preset will work just the same in that gun as a LP.

Not much to say other than it's an excellent LPR, made for almost all guns. All else I can think to say is to NOT MESS WITH IT if it is set.

Bart Parts makes a feedneck which I find to be superior to CP called the BP No-Rider. You can buy them and all viking upgrades at www.dbnpaintball.com Viking feednecks have the same threading as an autococker barrel.

I have had my 04 viking since december, and all I do is clean the marker (wipe it down, remove easily removable things such as eye covers, grips etc. and clean around them) and oil it, and it works great. I wouldn't clean the eyes unless you chop, or know something is on them.

Hope this helps.

Mango for pres. 08'

- Goro

^^^^^^^^^ That just about sums it up. Good luck with your viking, and welcome to the family!

KKKKKHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet again, I am forced to agree with you.

/dang.