PDA

View Full Version : dm4 questions

maxwell
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
My friend picked up a DM4 last week and it has the tadao chip in it. When turned on the marker will shoot even w/o paint in it while the LED is blue...after 5 shots it turns red (eyes off?). With paint in the gun it still turns to red after five hots..disabling the eyes I assume? I have cleaned the eyes and checked connections...they seem fine...what's up? It seems like the gun shoots slow with the eyes disabled.

Skoad
11-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Well I would say your eyes are bad. First off the led turns red after 5 shots when the trigger is pulled 5 times and the eyes are still detecting something in their path. For instance, if it is working correctly (be sure gas is off) and you stick your finger down in the breech and pull the trigger 5 times it will go red. Since your finger never left the path of the eyes it assumes you had a chop or something blocked the eyes, so it turns them off so you can keep playing. If you would have put your finger down and pulled like 2 times, took it out, pull once, put it back in and pulled 2 more times it won't turn red.

Also when you first turn it on and led is blue (means eyes are on) it should not dry fire with no paint.

therefore either the eyes are dirty, maybe an eye wire is pinched somewhere, or the eyes are toast.

maxwell
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
So Why Does It Aqllow The Gun To Fire When The Led Is Blue? Where Can Eyes Be Purchased?

madmolly
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
First thing put in a new battery. I don't care how new you think yours is. Put a new one in. That has solved 99% of our DM4 problems.

C_22
11-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I dind't fully understand:

When turned on the turn solid blue or blinking blue? (Solid blue means eyes on / ready to fire where as blinking means eyes on / no ball in breach). When in blinking blue you can fire a dry shot when you press/hold the trigger for about a sec or so.

Does your friend LED show Solid or blinking blue?

maxwell
11-15-2004, 04:25 PM
It shows solid blue and will fire the instant the trigger is pulled...even W/O paint in it.

C_22
11-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I'll agree with Molly on the battery issue.

Skoad
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
yea thats true also, stick a new battery in there.

maxwell
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
The 9v that is in the markker is a duracell and reads 8.4v......nevertheless I will try a new battery today.

madmolly
11-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I tested a battery at 8.2 and it would not function my dm4. A new 9 volt is at 9.6 volts.

felony
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
clean the eyes.

i had this problem last night with a gun the team just picked up. its a tadao board that booted blue.. you fire a few tiems then went red. eyes were caked with junk. that and a new battery fixed everything besides the massive amount of leaks

dan

maxwell
11-19-2004, 04:19 PM
new battery...clean eyes...check wires...still no eyes!!!

felony
11-19-2004, 05:54 PM
you said tadao right?

are you just dry firing with something in the breach?

if you are dryfiring with something in tthe breach or for that matter just pulling the trigger with something in the breach, it will do what you are saying.

the eye logic notices if something is in the breach but not firing (ie shell/paint)

My dm4 with tadao does the same thing. say im dryfiring with a squeege in the barrel/breech.

dan

maxwell
12-02-2004, 12:56 PM
They eyes still do not work...he is selling it now for the new DM5
it is for sale here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160032

felony
12-02-2004, 01:48 PM
They eyes still do not work...he is selling it now for the new DM5
it is for sale here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160032

awesome selling point

68magOwner
12-02-2004, 06:13 PM
you need to let the buyer know the eyes dont work

felony
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
you need to let the buyer know the eyes dont work

i know

magman007
12-03-2004, 08:01 AM
god, people get a little pissy, and dont take time to use customer service. im sure dye is delighted that he bought a dm5, but he would have been better off keeping his dm4, putting the stock chip in, and sending it to dye. that way they could have made it work for free and he would have the same basic gun. what ever, people give up too easily

felony
12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
god, people get a little pissy, and dont take time to use customer service. im sure dye is delighted that he bought a dm5, but he would have been better off keeping his dm4, putting the stock chip in, and sending it to dye. that way they could have made it work for free and he would have the same basic gun. what ever, people give up too easily

you wouldnt even have to take out tadao chip. i know two markers that went to dye to be fixed w/ tadao and not a question was asked about it.

dye is great, i really didnt think anyone could compare to AGD (though i really never needed an AGD tech..) but i took my spidey DM4 to cup and the fixed it and gave a new bolt kit for free.

I took 2 other matrix there and got them fixed free of charge. One of those two had tadao and went back a second time to be fixed for free. gotta hand it to em, they do good in that area.

dan

revx
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I had the same problem with the eyes but after a lot of research with the tadao chip you just have to put the dip switch in to the off position because if you left it in the program mode that will keep happening after 3 shots eyes off. I just did that and now my DM4 even leaving my finger on the eyes, it doesnt turns off the eyes.