PDA

View Full Version : Automag Classic Upgrade Advice Needed

skelm
11-15-2004, 01:13 PM
A few years ago I purchased an Automag Classic. The only upgrade I have put on the marker has been a Lapco barrel.

Yesterday I went to a paintball park for the first time in years and realized that I was seriously outgunned. I had for the past few years only been playing a few times a year, and it has all been on private property with a few other friends. Playing with friends, the Automag Classic easily kept it's own.

I could probably afford to put $500-600 into upgrades. Just curious what I should be looking to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MiniSpdRcr
11-15-2004, 01:31 PM
The X-valve would be a great start, and intelliframe, a ULT, or even go with E-mag lowers.

Creative Mayhem
11-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Seeing that I upgraded my mini a couple years ago, I can say that a classic really needs a new frame - intellis are awesome
a LVL10 anti chop kit is a must
the xvalve is good to have but not 100% needed.

xtremexnyc
11-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Xvalve, ULT, Intelli or Y-frame, ULE body. This is what I would do.

TheDuelist
11-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Outgunned how? What areas do you feel your classic is lacking?

master_alexander
11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
wait for the hair, then get a warp and body and and endo drop and if yuou're outshot it's you not the gun

neilius1234
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
hmmm... you could upgrade a poor design, but that isnt worth it,

go get a race aced halfblock cocker. accuracy, speed, low weight, and the wicked cool bolt block flying back and forth.

yakitori
11-16-2004, 08:12 PM
I dont know if you have lvl 10 or not. If not get that first, then get intelliframe or RPG vert frame, then get an x valve and ULT, that will have you set straight. I would also recommend a 12V revy w/ x board or a warp feed (might want to try this one first).

Although, I recommend for that price you buy a electro or a already pimped out ULE mag and a nitro tank. Thats what Id do if it were my 500. there are some nice x valved mags out there for around 400 or so, then you can get yourself a nitro tank too. then youll be shooting faster, and more consistant, w/o chops. :shooting: