PDA

View Full Version : worth it?

RedBeard
11-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey all,
Just wondering if this deal is worth it. A guy a friend works with is trying to unload some gear and I'm debating taking it off his hands. Here's his description.

Marker includes:
Diamond Labs Titanium Valve Charger
Installed Reactor valve for no drop off/ high charge rate for increased rate of fire.
Diamond Labs 2 finger trigger frame with Hoague grips.
Stock bolt replaced with Venturi bolt to soften impact on paintballs being fired.
Marker is set up with vertical adapter with installed WPG ERGO Regulator for consistent shot to shot performance.
Comes with 3 barrels to achieve best paint to bore size fit.
12" J&J Ceramic barrel with porting
10" Smart Parts Venturi barrel.
8.5" nickel plated barrel
Installed shark gill sight rail if you want to add sights.
Comes with custom carrying case.
Care and instruction Video (VHS)
I will also include a VL200 loader and elbow (holds 200 paintballs)

Marker has no 'punched stars'.

He's asking $400 for it. I'm think I'm gonna ask for a pic, and I know it needs a few upgrades (lvl 10). I already have a ule-custom, but was toying around with the idea of getting another mag to tinker with. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

Skywalker
11-15-2004, 03:52 PM
In my opinion, I don't think it is worth $400. At the most I would give him $325. Did he say what kind of body?

RedBeard
11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
no, he didn't. I haven't talked to the person directly yet and am still debating if I really want to spend the money on another gun.

personman
11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
I wouldnt do it.
Diamond Labs Titanium Valve Charger does nothing, although it is a bit lighter than the stock valve.
Installed Reactor valve for no drop off/ high charge rate for increased rate of fire.
Waste of money, stock assembally is better.
Stock bolt replaced with Venturi bolt to soften impact on paintballs being fired.
Venturi bolts have been proven ineffective.
Marker is set up with vertical adapter with installed WPG ERGO Regulator for consistent shot to shot performance. Um... you dont need 3 regulators on a mag. Lets count, the mag AIR regulator, the tank regulator, and the ergo? Why would you want an ergo restricting the flow? It wont improve consistancy.

If you can drive him down to 200, then MAYBE. But even that is still pushing it.

behemoth
11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Good call person -- I wouldnt want that -- Stick with PURE AGD GOODNESS! ;)

TheDuelist
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Throw in a little more than the $400 and you can get a brand new RT Pro or a really well set up mag from the buy/sell/trade forums. Keep looking.

Evil1
11-16-2004, 02:35 AM
The reactor kit wasn't bad at all. A friend of mine had one on his mag years ago and it made the pull lighter and it gave it a little more snap to the trigger, not like an rt but better than the normal on/off would do. I always wanted one back in the day but I always would talk myself out of it being they were $40 . Money was tight for me back then and spending $40 meant less paint to shoot.

Enemy
11-16-2004, 03:33 AM
offer him 175 for it its not worth much more than that!!

RedBeard
11-16-2004, 07:02 AM
I wasn't aware that the diamond labs titanium valve charger was a different valve. Ok, thanks a bunch for the input. It's much appreciated.