PDA

View Full Version : Considering buyin tac one

moof
11-15-2004, 04:06 PM
ok so ive seriously been considering purchasing a tac one for my new marker.
and i have heard mags are very simple :dance: but i would like a little more input
and some opinions and such. ive done some reasearch on it and i jsut want to hear it from owners now i guess.

frop
11-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Welcome to AO first of all. :p

Mags are simple, what kind of input are you looking for?

moof
11-15-2004, 06:21 PM
why thank you,
i just want some user input or maybe some of you to brag about your mags seeing as this will be my first mag. just like stuff on how durable they are, how accurate with a good paint n barrel match, and setup because i hear they dont come with part of the air system so you can do what you want with that part, and general stuff along those lines. ive heard good about it and only bad was the lvl 10 thing being a pain.
its 430-450 i guess depending on whom you buy it from with my knowledge. i wanna know a bit more seeing as i cant pull that kind of money out all the time

insixdays777
11-15-2004, 06:38 PM
smart move... I have owned and played with everything(well everything before 2000) I took a break from pb for 3 years and just got back in it ... I bought a ULE custom...I LOVE IT...people always think its an electronic...is shoots soooooo fast...kids are always like "nice shocker!" I just laugh... but anyway... level 10 CAN be a pain...if you mess with it....but it comes perfect from the factory...I have shot about 10 cases through mine, not a single broken ball, barrel or breach!!! I shoot a 12inch lapco big shot....perfect barrel..only 45 bucks new...shoots awesome and never breaks balls... my ule custom shoots better than my angel LCD...buy it for sure!! and a lapco barrel!!!!!!never had a single problem with the gun that I did not cause...(trying to tweak perfection can get you in trouble sometimes)...just oil and play!! :headbang:

Stealthgerbil
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
When I use the levelx, I just set it to the middle (red) spring and no shims, and the 1 ring carrier and it shoots fine. Generally, its pretty easy to use and setup. You will need a nitro tank. Also, when looking at barrels, remember that it uses cocker threads, so you have a lot of choices. Mags are comparable to tippys in their durability, but can shoot a LOT faster and are lighter.

mobius
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
I have owned nothing but Mags since about '99. I will probably never switch, either. They are great. As for some specifics:

1. They rarely break.

2. If it's leaking, there are only three possible problems, and they can be diagnosed by where it's leaking from. The leaks are almost always fixable by changing out an o-ring in the affected area. But they don't leak very often. Piece of cake.

3. Get a high output or adjustable output HPA bottle. A newer Mag cannot run on CO2, and they require high pressure input. This means above 700psi. If you get an adjustable tank, you can tune the triggers reactivity by adjusting the input pressure.

4. The hard truth. Mags aren't the best on efficiency. It's not that they are gas hogs, the problem is that they require a much higher input pressure than alot of other current markers. Because of this, you lose the ability to use that last 700-800psi in the tank.

5. Accuracy is not dependant on the marker in most cases. A Mag with proper paint match will be just as accurate as any other higher end marker.

6. Hype sucks. Unlike many other companies out there, AGD has never been about hype. You will find that most of the Mag owners on these boards are fiercely loyal to AGD because of this. If someone comes on here saying Mags suck for some reason, they better have alot of scientific data to back it up.

moof
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
awesome thanks. im basically sold and yeah ive noticed how loyal some of you guys are to your mags so that in itself tells quite a lot. and also can i get like a 90 deg. fitting from like a hardware store and a quick disconnect for a remote and that would work right? because of what i understand they leave that part up to you and i dont have too much info on that how that works out. but you can use HPA or nitro?

"Joe"
11-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Nitro and HPA are the same thing. Originally, tanks were filled with pure nitrogen, hence the name "nitro." Nowadays, many places fill them with regular air at a high pressure. The tanks used are the same. Most of the air is nitrogen anyways.

The Frymarker
11-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Welcome to AO!!!

The first time I used a Tac was at Shatnerball and this marker ripped. I didn't chop a ball all day.

And now I am an owner of one!!! They are a great scenario marker!! I highly recommend them.

Creative Mayhem
11-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Welcome to AO!!!

The first time I used a Tac was at Shatnerball and this marker ripped. I didn't chop a ball all day.

And now I am an owner of one!!! They are a great scenario marker!! I highly recommend them.

Heather, you suck. I want one.... ;) :D

MAgs are simply awesome. I have used them since I started playing paintball back in 92. I own four at present, and am working on a couple more special projects. I love my mags. :D

kevdupuis
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Welcome to AO!!!

What happened? Tom make you an offer you couldn't refuse. :shooting:
Heather was commenting on the Tac-One my wife and I use as a loaner/demonstrator for those interested in AGD markers.
It is a nice marker, and welcome to AO.

The Frymarker
11-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Yep Tom , "The Don" made me an offer I couldn't refuse ;)

I was going to post it when I got all my goodies for it, oh well, I'll just repost then

Moof if your buying an AGD marker, you're not just buying a marker, you become a part of a great family, here on AO. We hold special events for members all year round, and AO and AGD has some of the nicest kindest people you will ever know. It is the greatest investment you could ever make.

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0785tac.jpg

I'm also working on getting an emag.

I'll have to post pics of my arsenal in the spring!

TAC ONE (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1597959#post1597959)

Chronobreak
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
well its all been said already.

mags are GREAT you wont be dissapointed.

if you have an iq over 50 and can read you can set the lvlX fine.(read the manual) ..yes some people just try and put it together.

check out whitewolf(link in sig) great tac-prices ex this month ;) :ninja:

frop
11-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Heather you evil,evil girl ;) You make me wanna buy another set of grips. Those are just awesome. I still need to get pics up of the colorchanges tho :(

Carbon
11-17-2004, 03:56 AM
Moof, welcome to AO

This is the honest truth about my mag.

I have an emag, which essentially is an RT(x valve) with an electronic trigger frame. To date i have shot at least 15+ cases of paint through it and i am still on my original orings (level 10 and on/off orings) My consistancy with matched paint is, at its worst is +/- 5 fps when properly chronoed. Did i mention im still on my original orings.

The level ten is easy to set up. It looks daunting at first but, when you understand how the system works as it is explained on AO, you will have no problem tech-ing it and diagnosing. It took me less than 15 minutes to install it on my classic mag and even less to retune my emag LX from the factory.

The only major relatively quick consumable item/part on an RT is the clear urathane bumper, bolt spring and the standard ball detents. Your bumper will wear out long before you detents and your bolt spring, in my case anyway. Make sure to pick an extra bumper or 3.

Ive owned my emag for about a year now and she has worked flawlessly and has never let me down. After everyday of play, for preventative maintence i clean and re-lube the bolt and the valve internals. This should not take more than 5 mins. Good luck with your purchase.

Little_Ho
11-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi
i have to say something. As i started with Paintball this Year, i had an A5. I got this one from a friend at work. After sometimes ill switched to a WGP 2K3 A/C Verticalfeed. This was my first Marker i Upgraded my self. And i liked it. After a while i hooked up more to the Guys at work and the Scenario Paintball Team Splinter Cell. After Playing a while with them, i reconicde the one Guy (hes working with me) he is a Mag lover. So i start talking to him about Mags. And i decide to get one. The first one i had was from eBay (A classic Powerfeed). After some play i decide to get a ReTro Valve and a LvlX. Buy this time i had a nice offer here to trade my A5 for a RT. So i did it and can not complaine anything about this Marker. Right now i still have my A/C as backup and 2 Mags they are working perfect. Spare parts a classic valve. Btw all Markers are setup for the Warp. Even the A/C.

The parts i have underway to me is another ReTro Valve, couple Rails, and a Pump kit for Mags.

Soon as i have everything i can Post my Homepage address and you can check it out.

So far from my experience with AGD. Very reliable Marker, and if something wrong, their is allways a way to fix without bringing the Marker to an Airsmith.

Higly recomend. The only thing, you have to feel comfprtable with your Marker...

Little_Ho

Plaguetk
11-17-2004, 07:59 AM
There isn't much that I can add to what has already been said, but I recently converted to AGD as well. I will never go back to my cocker. My Tac One is simply the best marker that I have ever purchased. It shoots incredibly fast and is very reliable and easy to maintain. Good luck and enjoy.