PDA

View Full Version : e mag for recball

jdaniels
11-16-2004, 12:14 AM
would suggent buying an emag for stirctly recball. I currently have a highly modded spyder, but i am getting frustrated with its limits, and i am looking for a new gun. I have thought about getting everything from a emag, rt pro, cockers of various kinds, evil omens, A5, bkos, i keep waivering on what gun to get.

I rarely play at an acutal field, when i do its waynes world in ocala. The rest of the time its at our own place we play locally, we chrono and have safe zones and all of that, i feel that it is safer than real fields i have played at. Anyways what gun would you guys suggest, i just bought a nitro duck xstream, i also have a classic mag i let others use. I feel the price to upgrade that classic i could buy a new mag.

what type of guy would you guys suggest. I know there are guys on here that shoot other than mags(which i am really leaning towards) i just would like to have some more suggestions to consider from people who have actually shot other guns, and play with them.

thanks.

Trunnion
11-16-2004, 12:22 AM
i use my emag for recball, tournaments, and scenario games. i think it's a good all-around gun, but it's a bit pricey for rec-only stuff. a classic mag, RT pro, or even a tippmann A5 might be good choices for you. i have an A5 and i enjoy using it from time to time for woods ball. they also have a great deal of upgrade options, both cosmetic and performance enhancing. but then again, i'm a mag and tippmann zealot.

SpecialBlend2786
11-16-2004, 02:38 AM
imo emags are perfect for rec ball. You can play around with hybrid mode and everything. fun stuff i tell ya

Evil1
11-16-2004, 02:56 AM
Emags are great for rec ball. They are good for any type of paintball, but like someone already said, you can play around with hybrid in rec ball and that would be pretty fun.

Brophog
11-16-2004, 02:59 AM
The rest of the time its at our own place we play locally, we chrono and have safe zones and all of that, i feel that it is safer than real fields i have played at.

Interesting you say that. I feel the exact same way about my private setup. Ours is so safe that we have a lot of females come out to play, wives mostly, whom never go with us to tourney's or scenarios.

Pretty sad when I went to DDAY last year and realized I own more chronos than they did.

Enemy
11-16-2004, 03:26 AM
you know what seeing as you normally only play at your own field.. this means a ready supply of air is pretty much none existent. than i might suggest maybe an angel with an effiency kit. normally i would say viking but those are pricey and probably over kill but they will allow you to play more off just one fill. right now i see around 1200 shots off of my 88-4500 which is cool becaus i do have a decently ready supply of nitro at my field but it sucks when we practice cuz then that means the parctice is limited bye how much i can get off of my fill. ive heard good things about defiants be them tall and bkos and your looking at a tad better effiency especially with some of the kits that are out there..

trains are bad
11-16-2004, 07:22 AM
The only thing that's gonna kill you with the emag, is the efficiency and the fact that it requires HPA. I don't know what kind of setup you have, but if you only have CO2 I'd consider a cocker or something that runs well on it. If you do have good HPA then get the emag, best all around marker ever.

TheTramp
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree. If you've got a SCUBA fill station you'll be all set. An E-Mag is great all across the paintball spectrum.

hitech
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
I agree. If you've got a SCUBA fill station you'll be all set. An E-Mag is great all across the paintball spectrum.

I use my eMag for rec play. I normally fill my own tanks from cascaded scuba tanks. I think it is a great marker for rec play (or any other play for that matter :D ).

:cheers:

jdaniels
11-16-2004, 10:52 AM
i do have a hpa filling station and access to one scuba tank and can get another one. I should get quite a few fills off 2 scuba tanks.

I have been doing some research on this and i know i will only get 2-3 3000 fills of of one but will i get 4-6 or more off of 2 tanks cascading them. And then i can quite a few more fills that are above 2000 which is what i will probably need in a game. Thanks for all the help. I guess i will have to start looking for an emag.

thanks again.

boggerman
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Just to reinforce what has already been said, I love my emag, and really only play rec and an occasional scenario. I fill from a scuba and have good results. It is super reliable and with level 10 properly set you can shoot crap paint and get away with it.

Fallout-
11-16-2004, 02:45 PM
If youplay woods and dont mind a heavy gun. Go for a Tippmann A-5 with only flatline and unimount.

WARPED1
11-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Find a nice, used Emag cheap in the classified and paint your buddies up!

jdaniels
11-16-2004, 05:35 PM
can emags be too old to be useful anymore, is there a shot count that makes them need to be retired. how easily and cheaply can these mags be rebuilt, if something is messed up when i get it.

Also is around 500 about right for a used one depending on what upgrades it may have.

thanks again.

Sac
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
a friend of mine only plays recball and he shoots an upped 04 Crusader Viking

so the moral or that sentence, get what makes you happy.

Stealthgerbil
11-16-2004, 05:43 PM
considering people take 7 year old mags, which have been shot TONS of times and use them, im sure an e-mag wouldn't have any problems.

trains are bad
11-16-2004, 05:48 PM
can emags be too old to be useful anymore, is there a shot count that makes them need to be retired. how easily and cheaply can these mags be rebuilt, if something is messed up when i get it.

They basically don't wear out. You can rebuild anything that could be worn in about 10 minutes with an allen wrench.