PDA

View Full Version : Will running compressed air hurt my Automag?

UteMachine
11-16-2004, 12:39 AM
I have had my Automag for 8 years and I have never had one problem with it. I have always ran Co2 on a remote and have always had shootdown when I really let the balls fly in a firefight.

So, I have been told that going to compressed will solve my issues. I think I will buy the PMI 3000psi 48ci tank. Can I just screw this in and go? Will it hurt my mag? Will it make a big difference? Will my expansion chamber still be needed? And can the micro-line handle the pressure?

I know I asked a million questions, but I truly value the knowledge of the mag owners on this board and do not want to do anything that would hurt my trusty mag in any way.

Thank you very much!

White_Noise
11-16-2004, 12:44 AM
compressed air will work great on your mag and can be screwed in and youre erady to play. expansion chamber wont be needed, and can be replaced by just a gas through foregrip.

something in your post troubles me though, you said "microline" i hope you meant macroline, because microline does not allow enough gas to flow to a mag valve, and could be the cause of shootdown.

UteMachine
11-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks Lover,

I did say micro-line and it is the skinny stuff. I originally switched the braided for Macro but the paintball shop said to use micro. So I should switch to macro? And what happens if I run the expansion chamber with compressed?

Thanks again!

autockr01
11-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Yea seriously. Get rid of the micro and get some macro line. You won't need your expansion chamber because you aren't trying to expand anything, but if you like the feel of something there, just get a gas through grip or something. I used to run co2 in the mag i had a year ago, with an anti siphon in the tank AND an expansion chamber, but the liquid co2 still managed to freeze up my valve. Since then, i got a compressed air tank and it rocks on the mag... ie. consistent velocity, infinately long strings without shoot down or a frozen valve, and the list goes on.

P.S. Get a level 10 and a ult with your compressed air..... talk about accuracy by volume!!!

Rift
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
deff replace the micro with macro or even get steal braded i doubt there would be a huge problem with runing compressed air through your expansion chamber but it is unececarry and can be replaced with something lighter like a gas through or just a regulare grip

athomas
11-16-2004, 09:15 AM
If you are going to run compressed air, definately get rid of the expansion chamber. It adds restriction in the line, especially with compressed air. Open up the air lines. Get rid of the micro line and use macro line or better yet, steel braided hose.

CaliMagFan
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
not to be silly and rain on everyone's macroline parade, but my ule rtpro started with micro line from and Kapp on/off straight into the valve... i never had a problem with it and when my marker was new i was able to shoot about 15+ bps while bouncing the ULT trigger... and thats with my preset java 88/4500 tank.... about 850 psi output as far as i know... so if you have micro already, you can use that... and since you were using CO2 i know its for a classic type valve, which you'll never shoot fast enough (under 16bps) to outshoot the micro... at least from what i have seen....

and i imagine that you play mostly woodsball because you use a remote line now, and used the term "firefight" in your post... 48/3000 is a rather small tank for a mag.... i hate to say that the mag is a "gas hog", but it is in no way as gas efficient as a viking or something of that nature.... what i am getting at is suggesting you use a 68/3000 or larger HPA tank because being a woods guy, you're not gunna be filling at the all day air station, that is unless you get a whole scuba rig and fill on your own.... i could be way off with that tho.... assumptions, assuptions, never good for anyone....

enjoy.

-kyro

MonsterMag
11-16-2004, 06:53 PM
hpa will help your mag , the x chamber wont do anything tho

Its alot better get a 68 3 or 4.5k , I started with a 48ci and i was filling it every game :(

The 68 most popular :cheers:

dj89
11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Than you got a 114 and you never need to fill up :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :bounce: :dance:

MonsterMag
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Than you got a 114 and you never need to fill up :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :bounce: :dance:

like my old tank , 114ci 4500psi. Lets just say it was one big B*tch ;)

UteMachine
11-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Bad news is by the time you all said the 48 was small, I already purchased it. Thanks for all the great input, I've ordered all my stuff, including the macro-line. Thanks again!

SpecialBlend2786
11-17-2004, 10:30 PM
wee have fun with that setup! and welcome to AO :)