PDA

View Full Version : America haters want to leave?

1stdeadeye
11-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Here is a website that offers you a free one way ticket to France, Canada, etc....

Help them leave.com (http://www.helpthemleave.com) :wow:

thecavemankevin
11-16-2004, 07:55 AM
it would be nice if we could force this on certain people (alec baldwin for one)

PissedGodzilla
11-16-2004, 09:15 AM
uber-fake, but funny nonetheless...

aaron_mag
11-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Actually there is much talk of seceding from the union in the northwest (jokes in the local paper). Two movements. One, of course, is the whole 'Cascadia' thing where Washington, Oregon, and Northern California break off with British Columbia and form their own nation.

The other talk, and like the prior one it is just talk, is forming a new state of 'Jefferson'. This is southern oregon and northern california breaking off to form their own state in the union. They claim they are sick of being ruled by liberal southern california and metro northern Oregon. According to them, "The state of Jefferson went to Bush!"

:)

So you have people on both sides.

deadeye9
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
So, Bush haters equates to America haters? Interesting theory.

Thordic
11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
So, Bush haters equates to America haters? Interesting theory.

No, but people who talk about leaving the country simply because their candidate lost the election shouldn't live here in the first place.

I just think that anyone who leaves should permanantly lose their citizenship.

Altimas
11-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I myself love Bush.... Oh wait... what are we talking abotu again? :eek:

deadeye9
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
I just think that anyone who leaves should permanantly lose their citizenship.

I disagree. I agree with:

"The basic point of the Supreme Court's ruling in Afroyim v. Rusk was that the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution -- while originally intended mainly to guarantee citizenship to freed Negro slaves and their descendants -- had effectively elevated citizenship to the status of a constitutionally protected right. Hence, Congress had no right to pass a law which had the effect of depriving an American of his citizenship without his assent. "

Thordic
11-16-2004, 10:36 AM
And I really don't care.

If you leave the country over stuff like this, then stay out. And don't come back and vote in four years. No one wants you.

Pickle
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
And I really don't care.

If you leave the country over stuff like this, then stay out. And don't come back and vote in four years. No one wants you.
:headbang:
:clap:
:bounce:
:cheers:
:D :D :D

deadeye9
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
And I really don't care.
And I really do care.

aaron_mag
11-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Just to disprove your theory of 'no one want you'.

I want them. :)

And trust us. You, whereever you live, want the 'blue states' and all the dissatisfied people in them. Have you looked where the federal tax money comes from? It is from the blue states and goes to the red states. So spout off all you want about how, "you dissatisfied people should leave." But the fact is that without us you guys would have to buy your own stop signs and build your own roads.

You need us and you want us...

yakitori
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
ya, and lemme guess....Like Ive heard so many conservative echo chambers of the bush agenda (which is redneck IMO), say that since the electoral college map shows most states being red and few being blue, that republicans have support from the whole nation when compared to democrats, but if you think about it.

45% or so of the votes in the states that Bush won went to Kerry and likewise in the states that Kerry won, so basically the country is divided. Its a shame that conservatives are more concerned w/ homosexuals/abortion, and other wedge issues instead of war, economy, and health care. The same conservatives that enjoy borrowing money from thier children to pay for meds, and leaving their grandchildren w/ a deficit so large there is no way to repay it, except another war. :rolleyes: This admin is in it for the short term gain and not concerned w/ the future of our country. They make it up as they go along, and it shows.

anyway, enough politics. And BTW canada and US allow dual citizenship, so if ppl arent satisfied w/ the neocon movement plaguing america, then they can move to canada and come back if they want to. Their vote counts as much as yours.

Oh wait, lemme guess, that is gonna be another bill that the bush admin will try to change cause they are like that.

how you like that NEO CON. You should not be so proud to be far right.

ShooterJM
11-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Hear that? That's ignorance children. Say it with me now.....Ig...nor...ance. That's why you should stay in school, learn to read, and perhaps engage in some critical thinking! :clap:

yakitori
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
what part of that was ignorant? and just cause you and the other half of conservative america say so makes it true.