PDA

View Full Version : Should SS emag body fit Classic rail setup?

yakitori
11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi, I have a dilemma. I built a mag, and it has a classic rail, sear, and pin. It has the ASA, and an intelliframe. I am using my old emag valve w/ a ULT kit installed in it.

I was trying to use my old SS emag PF left body w/ my warp feed cause it fits nice and neat w/ a very small section of hose, and it looks very tidy. Anyway, I am having trouble getting the body to seat inside the rail right. It seems as though the rail is not milled out enough for the front body screw. I Can try one of two things.

A. Grind down the rail a little where the body screws in

Or. Grind down the SS emag body a little bit where the body screw goes.

OR if anyone has a Black SS warp left or PF left Classic Automag body I can buy it from them.

Thanks

darrickws
11-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I have put e-mag bodies on am/mm rails without a problem.

Magz_rule
11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
I have also used several Emag bodies in a classic rail w/out any problems.

yakitori
11-17-2004, 07:37 AM
I think I got it worked out. I did not have my twist lock assembly in. I also just installed the ULT kit and maybe that is why it wasnt shooting. I added more shims and now I have 5 shims in there. I gassed it up and kept pulling the trigger over and over again, then it started hissing down the barrel. When I pulled the trigger in it would stop leaking, and then it started to fire a bit, and then chuffed, and then the bolt got stuck forward.

I think all the probs w/ chuffing and bolt stick is cause I had less than 1000psi in my tank. Will try it again w/ more air.

athomas
11-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Make sure the pim (threaded section on the bottom of the body) is not bottoming out in the hole where your grip frame screws to the rail and body. If the pim is too long, you can file it down until the body fits securely on the rail.